• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 NBA Player TODAY

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your example of large sample sizes then? Curry has played in only 4 Irving has played in 2...In fact there is only a 20 some game difference of games played even tho Irving has played 2 less years of playoffs

Neither is a large sample sizes, but def a start to compare and contrast and they have 1 finals matchup

You're right. Neither is a large sample size. So let's focus on the larger sample size of their regular season play instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

It appears that you only one to focus on 7 games in both of their careers. I guess if you toss everything else out, then your argument makes sense. Of course tossing everything else doesn't make any sense unless you have an agenda.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Neither is a large sample size. So let's focus on the larger sample size of their regular season play instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

It appears that you only one to focus on 7 games in both of their careers. I guess if you toss everything else out, then your argument makes sense. Of course tossing everything else doesn't make any sense unless you have an agenda.

And even then, he is failing to consider:

1) Cleveland loading their entire defense to stop Curry
2) Kyrie was allowed to play 1 on 1 with limited help because GS was worried about letting the shooters get off.
3) curry was not 100%

These reasons are why no intelligent person would base their opinion of who is better from just one series. Regardless of the stage, there is a lot more to the story.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically you have come to the conclusion that kyrie has better playoff stats overall and the better stats in the 1 on 1 finals matchup so you want to move to the regular season now? lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even then, he is failing to consider:

1) Cleveland loading their entire defense to stop Curry
2) Kyrie was allowed to play 1 on 1 with limited help because GS was worried about letting the shooters get off.
3) curry was not 100%

These reasons are why no intelligent person would base their opinion of who is better from just one series. Regardless of the stage, there is a lot more to the story.

1)nice excuse
2)nice excuse
3)nice excuse

Gs was doubling Kyrie all series go back and watch, and they were even rotating multiple players at him...

rbosa-anderson-varejao-kyrie-irving-nba-finals-cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-850x560.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)nice excuse
2)nice excuse
3)nice excuse

Gs was doubling Kyrie all series go back and watch, and they were even rotating multiple players at him...

View attachment 143240

Dude, you don't even know what the hell that picture shows. Varajao's man just set a ball screen and he is merely showing until Barbosa can get back in position. often, GS switched those screens, not here. Still though, this is not a double team.

On the other side, Cleveland defended Curry ball screens by "monstering" them. That is an aggressive double team designed to make the ball handler retreat and give the ball up. What you are showing in this picture is not the same. You just found 2 defenders in the screen shot.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you don't even know what the hell that picture shows. Varajao's man just set a ball screen and he is merely showing until Barbosa can get back in position. often, GS switched those screens, not here. Still though, this is not a double team.

On the other side, Cleveland defended Curry ball screens by "monstering" them. That is an aggressive double team designed to make the ball handler retreat and give the ball up. What you are showing in this picture is not the same. You just found 2 defenders in the screen shot.

I could post a million of these....

Warriors Take Game 4 | News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving (2) is double teamed by Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson and Andrew Bogut (12) during the first half of Game 4 of basketball's NBA Finals in Cleveland, Friday, June 10, 2016

Let me know when you are done making excuses

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could post a million of these....

Warriors Take Game 4 | News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving (2) is double teamed by Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson and Andrew Bogut (12) during the first half of Game 4 of basketball's NBA Finals in Cleveland, Friday, June 10, 2016

Because it is the exact same play! Bogut again showing on a ball screen.

Just because the layman in charge of putting a caption on the picture calls it a double team doesn't mean it is one.

On the other side, you will find pictures of both defenders completely committing to Curry. That is not what is happening here. If you were to advance the frame 2 seconds, you would see The big man retreating to the paint once his teammate has gotten back level with Irving.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is the exact same play! Bogut again showing on a ball screen.

Just because the layman in charge of putting a caption on the picture calls it a double team doesn't mean it is one.

On the other side, you will find pictures of both defenders completely committing to Curry. That is not what is happening here. If you were to advance the frame 2 seconds, you would see The big man retreating to the paint once his teammate has gotten back level with Irving.

Listen Kyrie wrecked curry the entire series...and most of it was with curry guarding him lol

Read the comments 1000's of people agree with me...So who is biased

Now here is curry highlights i see a ton of single coverage...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Kyrie wrecked curry the entire series...and most of it was with curry guarding him lol

Why would I read the comments of a bunch of people who probably know nothing about basketball? There is a pretty knowledgable group here, and none of them agree with your BS. Wiggy doesn't even think Kyrie is better than Steph. You shouldn't either.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i gotta just rain on your baby parade already and just say this.

Curry would shoot 55% with lebron james as his teamate and kyrie barely shoots 45% with lebron on his team... Enough said

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as versatility goes- who in the NBA can finish at the rim, had a mid range game and can shoot the 3 like Kyrie.....

He is definitely in anyones top 3 handles in the game- and if you had a last second shot you needed making hed be at or near the top of the list.

He is so freaking hard to stop because you cannot predict what he is going to do because he can beat you in so many ways.

prime-example...Nic Batum- a great defender- one of the longest wings in the league......he has to play off KI because if he doesnt - KI will use that INSANE handle and blow by him- he gets just enough daylight on one of the longest and best defenders in the league and drills the 3.

this at the end of his 55 point game where he took over after LeBron was sitting out and Love went MIA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would have thought that Kyrie would be the healthy one in the series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i gotta just rain on your baby parade already and just say this.

Curry would shoot 55% with lebron james as his teamate and kyrie barely shoots 45% with lebron on his team... Enough said

Only 55%?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought that Kyrie would be the healthy one in the series?

to your point though I WILL say that Kyrie's coming in and playing late into the season i'm guessing had a great bearing on the Cavs success. he came in in December( good thing Wiggy was wrong on THAT one, huh?) and not only was fresher, but reduced his chances imo of getting hurt again...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why so many people rank K Leonard higher then Westbrook?? I don't watch much basketball but when I read the paper flabbergasted at Westbrook tremendous stats. Someone get me up to date. I didn't even knowLeonard was a top 15type of player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you have come to the conclusion that kyrie has better playoff stats overall and the better stats in the 1 on 1 finals matchup so you want to move to the regular season now? lol

Sure. And I've come to the conclusion that Steph Curry is the much better player as well.

Glad we came to agreement on this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why so many people rank K Leonard higher then Westbrook?? I don't watch much basketball but when I read the paper flabbergasted at Westbrook tremendous stats. Someone get me up to date. I didn't even knowLeonard was a top 15type of player.

Defense.

For as gifted an offensive player Westbrook is, Leonard is just as good defensively while also being talented offensively as well