• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Coaches Most Likely to Win Their First Title

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you leaving out when we smoked OU by even more in their own house the year before? How about Iowa beating Iowa State 5 years in a row now, holding them to 17 or fewer points in 4 of the 5 games?

Or how about the fact that over the last decade, the Big 12 only has a winning record against 4 of the 11 current B1G teams that they faced - michigan (1-0), Minnesota (3-0), Northwestern (2-0) and Purdue (2-0)?
hey now.. don't forget the mighty Terrapins..

We also roughed up that same ou team you beat in Norman.. Texas with Heard at QB would have ran roughshot over tosu that season.. triangle theories FTW

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why this philosophy? I mean I like it at times. But, this sounds more like a philosophy that places like Texas Tech and Washington State are forced to adopt since they can't recruit like an OU or a USC can.

But, what the hell do I know!

that is my point. This is the favored philosophy for many offensive HCs. I want to run a defense that gets the ball back to me as quickly as possible. I don’t think that is playoff winning defensive strategy. I will concede that Texas May have made an oversteer on their DC. Texas went from aN overly complex defense to what should be a sound, but simple defense. That should improve the overall defense, but it worries me vs guys like Riley and Gundy

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is my point. This is the favored philosophy for many offensive HCs. I want to run a defense that gets the ball back to me as quickly as possible. I don’t think that is playoff winning defensive strategy. I will concede that Texas May have made an oversteer on their DC. Texas went from aN overly complex defense to what should be a sound, but simple defense. That should improve the overall defense, but it worries me vs guys like Riley and Gundy
Anything has to be better than Orlando going down the rabbit hole in trying to out-scheme these OCs by using our best Edge Rusher as a cover corner and then have us blitz a safety 12 yards off the ball at the snap..

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything has to be better than Orlando going down the rabbit hole in trying to out-scheme these OCs by using our best Edge Rusher as a cover corner and then have us blitz a safety 12 yards off the ball at the snap..

single greatest indictment of Orlando I was watching Ossai try to cover CD Lamb in the flats. Ossai probably has a NFL future, but there isn’t a OLB/DE in the NFL currently that could handle that responsibility. The next example would be asking Brandon Jones to set the edge vs OU’s counter tray. Not a huge fan of the safety vs pulling Tackle match up. That is the kind of shit that looks sound on the blackboard, but is a disaster in real life.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Fleck. He may end up one of those coaches that gets completely over-looked, because of his life choices. Similar to a guy like Snyder. Minnesota doesn’t have the ceiling of other jobs, so unless he decides to leave I don’t see him having a realistic shot at a title. I would put Matt Campbell in that group also.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
single greatest indictment of Orlando I was watching Ossai try to cover CD Lamb in the flats. Ossai probably has a NFL future, but there isn’t a OLB/DE in the NFL currently that could handle that responsibility. The next example would be asking Brandon Jones to set the edge vs OU’s counter tray. Not a huge fan of the safety vs pulling Tackle match up. That is the kind of shit that looks sound on the blackboard, but is a disaster in real life.

Probably? He's better than Chaisson was entering his 3rd season. Kid is going to be a first rd pick

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does ISU have to offer a kid from Texas? Kansas State? That was a knee jerk response without much thought given to it. Even Lubbock is an 8 hour drive to Houston. Tuscaloosa is 9 hours to put it in perspective. Those schools don’t have the history or resources to compete with national powers for Texas kids. They scrape together rosters of 3 star kids if they are lucky.

How does that make them different than Vanderbilt or Kentucky? South Carolina, Mrs State?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that make them different than Vanderbilt or Kentucky? South Carolina, Mrs State?

South Carolina has much better recruiting grounds. Mississippi does also. Candy and UK consistently suck, so I guess what you are saying is you agree

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina has much better recruiting grounds. Mississippi does also. Candy and UK consistently suck, so I guess what you are saying is you agree

Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, OKlahoma, Kansas and Iowa combined last year had 23 blue chip prospects, Texas had 54. If you added Louisiana and Alabama they would be tied with Texas.

The real question should be why does Texas suck so bad. Apparently having better coaches doesn't include recruiting?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, OKlahoma, Kansas and Iowa combined last year had 23 blue chip prospects, Texas had 54. If you added Louisiana and Alabama they would be tied with Texas.

The real question should be why does Texas suck so bad. Apparently having better coaches doesn't include recruiting?

So basically, you gave up and want to move the goal post to Texas sucks. Typical internet logic. Good work

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like having 2 transition classes in 4 years is bad or something?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, you gave up and want to move the goal post to Texas sucks. Typical internet logic. Good work

So, we're just going to ignore the first statement?

Texas sucks regardless of whatever other argument you want to make about the B12.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transitioning to what? Eunuch?
Transition classes are the ones a new coach happens to have a month or two to salvage as soon as they come aboard. Charlie and Tom had one in 2014 and 2017 respectfully.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we're just going to ignore the first statement?

Texas sucks regardless of whatever other argument you want to make about the B12.

look how cute you are, you frustrated by an argument and turn into a 5 year old.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transition classes are the ones a new coach happens to have a month or two to salvage as soon as they come aboard. Charlie and Tom had one in 2014 and 2017 respectfully.

So this is the year Tom gets fired when y'all don't get it done on the field.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom is straightening out the roster in Austin. The 2020 roster is the most complete since the 2009 season.