• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Gamble eliminated for consideration for STL GM job; Snead,Paton the finalists

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paton, Snead finalists for Rams GM job

This might be able to be considered as a pretty good break for the SF organization. As I posted the other day, Gamble is very well respected and this is the third time someone has tried to hire him away. (Oakland tried twice for two different positions and he declined once). Hopefully Baalke shows he can be THE guy in that spot for a very long time, but if he's not, Gamble would be somebody I could get excited about as a fan.

The 49ers interviewed Les Snead before they made Baalke the guy.

Omar Khan from Pittsburgh is another guy that was scheduled to interview with them but didn't. I have kept my eye on him over the years. His experience is more with the business/cap side than scouting/draft, so one would have to imagine that if he's ever hired that more emphasis MAY need to be placed in having the right people around who can assist in that area, but Khan is another highly thought of person in the league that probably will get a job down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
George Paton, the other finalist, accepted a promotion to assistant general manager.

Alex Marvez on twitter:

rams have hired les snead as new gm, a source tells @foxsports.com. Story coming asap on the web site

Last edited by a moderator: