• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Baltimore For Four Games June 27-30

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Morosi getting on board today with the Rangers possibly being sellers. He mentioned:

Yates
Leclerc
Scherzer
Eovaldi
Heaney
Lorenzen
I'm fine with Leclerc and Scherzer

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Leclerc and Scherzer
I am fine with any of them because they are all gone at the end of the year anyway. Might as well get something for them and then try to sign them in the offseason if we still need them.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to work out a 2 or 3 year deal with Eovaldi. I'm ok with all the other guys leaving.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with any of them because they are all gone at the end of the year anyway. Might as well get something for them and then try to sign them in the offseason if we still need them.
Why not try and extend those we want to keep. Hate to think we let Yates and Eovoldi go because no guarantee we can resign after their contract is up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to work out a 2 or 3 year deal with Eovaldi. I'm ok with all the other guys leaving.
I wouldn't mind that, but in the offseason.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it wil be Langford LF, Carter CF, Hill or Garcia RF. Taversa and Ski traded or dfa'd.
When one of them is not in the OF they can DH. We need to keep Langford, Carter, Hill and Yes, Garcia in the lineup to get them going. No one else needs to be DHing if all four of those are healthy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Morosi getting on board today with the Rangers possibly being sellers. He mentioned:

Yates
Leclerc
Scherzer
Eovaldi
Heaney
Lorenzen
I was thinking after Scherzer's last start that we need to trade him pronto before he lands back on the DL.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not try and extend those we want to keep. Hate to think we let Yates and Eovoldi go because no guarantee we can resign after their contract is up.
We have just as much chance to sign them in the offseason, just like we had lots of opportunity to sign Montgomery and Garver last offseason. The only reason we didn't sign those two was a lack of money. Most players want to hit free agency. That is why we have signed very few guys during the season over the last several years.

To me it makes no sense not to pick up some more players to possibly trade at the deadline a year from now when we might be buyers. Why not acquire more trade currency and resign those guys we trade away.

For those who might say that very rarely happens, you are right. That is because most sellers aren't buyers the following winter. The Rangers are in an unusual situation that would allow it to happen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking after Scherzer's last start that we need to trade him pronto before he lands back on the DL.
The only problem with him is he has that no trade clause. He had to agree to come here. It could still happen, though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea but it seems to rarely work out that way.
Yeah, I addressed that above. I think it would have a great chance with us, or at least a lot better than usual.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Scherzer ttade may have to be for a PTBNL. I would imagine we would get to choose from different groups of players depending in how many starts he gets.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to conside, is thatthere will be many other good free agents available besides the 2 to 4 we trade away. It isn't like we have to have those guys come back, but we could pursue them if we so choose.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yates and Eovaldi have been extremly valuable to winning a WS. Remember how badly we were begging for a closer? Personaly I would make every effort possible to resign both. All others can go. Bird in the hand is still not a bad thing. Not trying to debate but imo these rwo guys are too valuable to risk losing if not necessary.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yates and Eovaldi have been extremly valuable to winning a WS. Remember how badly we were begging for a closer? Personaly I would make every effort possible to resign both. All others can go. Bird in the hand is still not a bad thing. Not trying to debate but imo these rwo guys are too valuable to risk losing if not necessary.
We can hold onto them and still lose them. We can let them so and still sign them. To me the two decisions are separate from each other.

I am interested in improving the club at the deadline and I am interested in signing them in the offseason. That is, unless there are better options to sign in the offseason.

I certainly do not disagree as to how valuable each of them can be.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The percentage that resign after being traded at the break I’m betting is low. Their agents have a lot of influence and will probably be against extending them now too.

I would try to extend Lorenzen now or resign in off season as he’s such a good athlete, seems sturdy and a good competitor. Eovaldi will probably be too expensive.

The rest are good trade bait.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MRI on Seager showed there was nit a break. His return will be based on when the pain and swelling subside.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team future looks bright. The OF is a strong point. If Carter comes back healthy and if Hill stays on track, Langford and Garcia rounds out a potent group.
The IF also looks good too. Jung Seager Semien are mainstays. Only concern is Lowe as he is not measuring up to where he was. Would like to hear your opinion. Heim is a strong catcher but is not hitting like he can. Comments on Heim.
Bench looks good also in Smith and likely Duran.
Pitching remains unknown because of FA and health issues.
At this point I give a grade of B+.