• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were GM for a day

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since, we've all proven that we are expert arm chair GMs, let's put our money where are mouths are.

Let's set the conditions. NE doesn't do anything else in FA. They also don't make any trades during the draft.

It will be fun to bookmark this and look at it 2-3 years from now and see who would still have a job as the GM or who may have gotten fired for swinging and missing on their picks.

I'll start.

Round
1 pick 3, WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
2 pick 34, QB Bo Nix
3 pick 68, OT Patrick Paul (Hou)
4 pick 103, OT Blake Fisher (ND)
5 pick 137, WR Ainias Smith (A&M)
6 pick 180, S/CB Jay Ward (LSU)
6 pick 193, K Jonah Dalmas (Boise State)
7 pick 231, OLB/ILB Jontrey Hunter (Georgia State)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since, we've all proven that we are expert arm chair GMs, let's put our money where are mouths are.

Let's set the conditions. NE doesn't do anything else in FA. They also don't make any trades during the draft.

It will be fun to bookmark this and look at it 2-3 years from now and see who would still have a job as the GM or who may have gotten fired for swinging and missing on their picks.

I'll start.

Round
2 pick 34, QB Bo Nix
As you stated, we just got another #2WR so why do we need more after mhj? Do we need to draft another kicker?

Also, this really isn't a GM for the day thread, it's a mock draft thread.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll start.

Round
2 pick 34, QB Bo Nix

Jay Ward is going to go WAY before you have him there.

About 2 full rounds earlier…

……and one full draft year earlier. :heh:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I am GM for the day I am making a few trades but did not feel like putting in that effort today. So here is a draft straight up no trades.

#3 Rome Odunze WR Washington: We need a legit #1 and he fits the bill, big tall physical WR. My heart keeps telling me QB but my spirit say's you can get one later. ( And the bad luck of the Pats drafting WRs has to end sometime.

#34: Bo Nix QB Oregon: Played a lot of college ball, is not a flash in the pan he proved he can play. To much game time exp to pass on here.

#68 Roger Rosengarten OT Washington;

#103 Delmar Glaze OT Maryland. The Pats have never been afraid to pull the trigger on back to back positional picks and that continues. This line needs to much work and we did a solid job drafting interior the last few years we need to draft on the edge.

#137 Javon Solomon Edge Troy: Defense is the core of this team but we cannot ignore that we need to address needs.

#180 Kenny Logan Jr Safety Kansas: Wanted to draft a CB here but this is where I consider depth and STs

#193 Jalen Coker WR Holy Cross. The Crusader make a splash watch some film this late in the draft IMO he adds depth and value and will work his ass off to play in the same state he played his college ball.

#231 Quinton Newtone CB Nebraska Because we need another CB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you stated, we just got another #2WR so why do we need more after mhj? Do we need to draft another kicker?

Also, this really isn't a GM for the day thread, it's a mock draft thread.
Yes we need a #1 WR. That would be MHJ. Arr you content with that?

The point about making it a GM thread was to see how many of you want to bad mouth the decisions by the FO yet only speculate on what they should or shouldn't do.

Basically the intent was to put up or shut up.

Call it what you want.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Ward is going to go WAY before you have him there.

About 2 full rounds earlier…

……and one full draft year earlier. :heh:
OK, I fire myself.

But without your projections you win arm chair GM

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we need a #1 WR. That would be MHJ. Arr you content with that?

The point about making it a GM thread was to see how many of you want to bad mouth the decisions by the FO yet only speculate on what they should or shouldn't do.

Basically the intent was to put up or shut up.

Call it what you want.
My 1st action as GM is to fire us!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I am GM for the day I am making a few trades but did not feel like putting in that effort today. So here is a draft straight up no trades.

#3 Rome Odunze WR Washington: We need a legit #1 and he fits the bill, big tall physical WR. My heart keeps telling me QB but my spirit say's you can get one later. ( And the bad luck of the Pats drafting WRs has to end sometime.

#34: Bo Nix QB Oregon: Played a lot of college ball, is not a flash in the pan he proved he can play. To much game time exp to pass on here.

#68 Roger Rosengarten OT Washington;

#103 Delmar Glaze OT Maryland. The Pats have never been afraid to pull the trigger on back to back positional picks and that continues. This line needs to much work and we did a solid job drafting interior the last few years we need to draft on the edge.

#137 Javon Solomon Edge Troy: Defense is the core of this team but we cannot ignore that we need to address needs.

#180 Kenny Logan Jr Safety Kansas: Wanted to draft a CB here but this is where I consider depth and STs

#193 Jalen Coker WR Holy Cross. The Crusader make a splash watch some film this late in the draft IMO he adds depth and value and will work his ass off to play in the same state he played his college ball.

#231 Quinton Newtone CB Nebraska Because we need another CB
I like the Odunze pick. While I think it's a bit too high for him I still like it.

Harrison Jr has malcontent written all over him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Odunze pick. While I think it's a bit too high for him I still like it.

Harrison Jr has malcontent written all over him.
It mat be high but he won't be there in round two so if that's what we want we have to take him at 3. I am all about trading down and draft capital

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It mat be high but he won't be there in round two so if that's what we want we have to take him at 3. I am all about trading down and draft capital
I think this is the difference between GM for a day and a mock draft. While closely related the intent here was to pull the trigger on your move as a GM. Then wait 2-3 years and say damn I moved up to get so and so and he underachieved. If I did x,y or z, I could've gotten such and such a player later...

Second guessing is easy when we don't actually have to make those franchise altering decisions.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the difference between GM for a day and a mock draft. While closely related the intent here was to pull the trigger on your move as a GM. Then wait 2-3 years and say damn I moved up to get so and so and he underachieved. If I did x,y or z, I could've gotten such and such a player later...

Second guessing is easy when we don't actually have to make those franchise altering decisions.
That's like saying there's a difference between a chocolate shake and chocolate milk with ice cream mixed in because you put the ice cream in last. I have no issue with the discussion, but call it what it is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like saying there's a difference between a chocolate shake and chocolate milk with ice cream mixed in because you put the ice cream in last. I have no issue with the discussion, but call it what it is.
Sorry I wasted your time. Thanks for playing Champ

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM for a day/Mock draft…. Whatever it is, I’m making that trade with the Vikings for 11…23….and next years 1st and 2nd. I’m drafting o-lineman with my first two picks. We really have 1 legit starter in Onwenu. Strange…. Maybe. Andrew’s….. getting old. I’m drafting Olu Fashanu OT from Penn State and Jackson Powers Johnson IOL from Oregon. Then Nix or Penix with our 2nd round choice.

I feel everything starts with a solid foundation with the OLineman. An extra second or 2 passing…. Good run blocking. It all starts there.

Fashanu…Strange… Andrew’s… Powers Johnson…. Onwenu

I like that a lot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I wasted your time. Thanks for playing ChamP
Have you noticed?

@nefansince75 and @cheerupcharlie and few others haven't submitted anything about what they would do as gm for a day?

Have you noticed that those same people don't hesitate to remark about what others have to say?

Have you noticed how little actual discussion there is about what's actually happened with the Patriots over the past two weeks?

Have you noticed how little information is being offered?

Your not wasting anyone's time. Just your own.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

douching jonathan groff GIF
Googly Eyes GIF

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you noticed?

@nefansince75 and @cheerupcharlie and few others haven't submitted anything about what they would do as gm for a day?

Have you noticed that those same people don't hesitate to remark about what others have to say?

Hey @BigKen You self shitting. Cousin fucking retard…. What was my post right before yours saying??? You are a stupid person. You need to go back to writing your fucking awesome books! Fucking moron.

Oh… and where is your “GM for the day” post??? Your are one pathetic idiot.

PS

Fuck off chump

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @BigKen You self shitting. Cousin fucking retard…. What was my post right before yours saying??? You are a stupid person. You need to go back to writing your fucking awesome books! Fucking moron.

Oh… and where is your “GM for the day” post??? Your are one pathetic idiot.

PS

Fuck off chump
The guy was a kid when he fucked his cousin. However, he's well old enough to know he shouldn't brag about it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like your idea of GM for a day and consider it different from a mock draft since it's more about what we would WANT to do if we were GM rather than what we think the Pats will do.

That said, other than Daniels or Maye with the #3, I don't know enough about any other players to contribute anything of substance to the conversation.

So if I'm the GM for day 1 I'm taking Maye or Daniels depending on which is available. If they're both available at number 3 I think I'm going with Daniels.