• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Will Sue the NFL in Federal Court

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely within 24 hours after the appeal result is made known to Brady and the NFLPA the legal team files an injuction, better term a restraining order, against the punishment. Feds nearly always grant this. This order will prevent punishment from being carried out.

Depending on how they want to proceed the legal team of the NFLPA can then drag it out all the way into the next off season if they make the right legal moves.

Are you telling me the government has the right to force employees on employers? Your telling me TB has the right to play NFL games? I will be honest, I am not sure but if our goverment has this sort of power but I have a problem with it, if it does.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this much... the nflpa filing the suit might muddle things up a bit vs Brady filing it but I don't see how the federal goverment has the right to reverse a suspension from work. Shouldn't they just be able to award damages?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this much... the nflpa filing the suit might muddle things up a bit vs Brady filing it but I don't see how the federal goverment has the right to reverse a suspension from work. Shouldn't they just be able to award damages?

Brady is a union employee, the suite will be/has to be from the NFLPA. Not including a defamation type case, whcih I don't think he is seeking.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely within 24 hours after the appeal result is made known to Brady and the NFLPA the legal team files an injuction, better term a restraining order, against the punishment. Feds nearly always grant this. This order will prevent punishment from being carried out.

Depending on how they want to proceed the legal team of the NFLPA can then drag it out all the way into the next off season if they make the right legal moves.

To bring federal court into such a simple issue is bad for the sport. Quite frankly, it is stupid. What exactly is the benefit of dragging this thing out into a legal quagmire? I know you love talking about the legal aspects of the case, protecting the supposed innocent, etc., but what benefit will Tom Brady and the Pats gain? We won in a court of law? C'mon man, that is ridiculous.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bring federal court into such a simple issue is bad for the sport. Quite frankly, it is stupid. What exactly is the benefit of dragging this thing out into a legal quagmire? I know you love talking about the legal aspects of the case, protecting the supposed innocent, etc., but what benefit will Tom Brady and the Pats gain? We won in a court of law? C'mon man, that is ridiculous.

Brady as it stands now will lose 1.8 million for the four game suspension. The games are talked about like it's just four games, but for him it's not. Furthermore, reputation. Brady is an elite player without so much as a minor blemish on his record. Why wouldn't you fight if you know you are innocent?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady as it stands now will lose 1.8 million for the four game suspension. The games are talked about like it's just four games, but for him it's not. Furthermore, reputation. Brady is an elite player without so much as a minor blemish on his record. Why wouldn't you fight if you know you are innocent?

I really don't have an answer for that because it goes back to the legal implications. Of course I'm in favor of a reduction in the punishment, but I truly hope he is not so headstrong to demand zero implication. That would be foolish, because he has cornered himself through bad strategy. It's not too late to show a little humility, accept the NFL verdict and move on. In the long run, who knows, people will look back at the case and scratch their heads and say "really, so much waste of energy over something so stupid."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have an answer for that because it goes back to the legal implications. Of course I'm in favor of a reduction in the punishment, but I truly hope he is not so headstrong to demand zero implication. That would be foolish, because he has cornered himself through bad strategy. It's not too late to show a little humility, accept the NFL verdict and move on. In the long run, who knows, people will look back at the case and scratch their heads and say "really, so much waste of energy over something so stupid."

He isn't cornerd at all, why do you think that?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't cornerd at all, why do you think that?

Yes he is, because the case has dragged on. This should have been dealt with months ago. Now, he has put himself in a position to accept nothing but total pardon, if you believe the media. That's the part I don't get. Suppose it drags on and he wins the case ... does that solve the public image problem?

Also, supposing it drags into the season, where is his head going to be? Thinking about court appearances or playing football. It is bad strategy all around.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is, because the case has dragged on. This should have been dealt with months ago. Now, he has put himself in a position to accept nothing but total pardon, if you believe the media. That's the part I don't get. Suppose it drags on and he wins the case ... does that solve the public image problem?

No it solves the case.

The tganns of the world are always going to hate him. Who gives a crap about that? Clear name as long as you have the ability to fght.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is a union employee, the suite will be/has to be from the NFLPA. Not including a defamation type case, whcih I don't think he is seeking.

Right but why would the suspension out of apeal not hold should they do that... not to mention can he work while he is invovled in a case against his employer? I do not think so.

Where are the lawyers at on here, I know there are a few?

Last edited:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it solves the case.

The tganns of the world are always going to hate him. Who gives a crap about that? Clear name as long as you have the ability to fght.

To waste time on something so simple just to say "I won in court" is downright foolish. You lawyers need to include PR experts in your strategies.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To waste time on something so simple just to say "I won in court" is downright foolish. You lawyers need to include PR experts in your strategies.

So if you get accused of something, you will just quit to get it over with? Even if the charge is wrong?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn'the miss games even if he challenged the ruling in federal court... he may even miss more. The case could get locked up in court for a while... not to meantion it could be mid season before anything was heard.

Brady needs to take what he gets like a man and not try to get off on a technicality he could end up hurting his team even worse.

You get the court to issue an injunction so you don't serve any of the punishment until the case is decided.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you get accused of something, you will just quit to get it over with? Even if the charge is wrong?

No, you need to consider the court of public opinion.
I'm out buddy, it's late, have a good night.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you need to consider the court of public opinion.
I'm out buddy, it's late, have a good night.

Same to you man,

Court of public opinion should never weigh in your choices in life.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same to you man,

Court of public opinion should never weigh in your choices in life.

The secret is to make the right choices in time.
Good night.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the player's association is putting on a nice show of support.

no way they'll open any of their players up to deposition, though, and that's what would happen if this were to even get to federal court.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get the court to issue an injunction so you don't serve any of the punishment until the case is decided.

But why would federal court issue preliminary injunction in this case? From what I have read, they require that someones rights have been violated. Does TB have the right to play NFL football? I think the court would consider that a waste of time. Also, from what I read prelimary injunctions are not granted that often and require that irreparable injury would be suffered by the plantiff. Missing a few games doesn't constitute that. Also, they are typically only granted if the party asking appears that it will win the case.

In any case, it is no guarantee the court will grant one.

Last edited: