• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Will Sue the NFL in Federal Court

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point as well I'm quite confident his lawyers believe there is nothing there to incriminate him. Further, reports mentioned Brady may fight the fine?
So did OJ's. But was he guilty in the court of public opinion? Or are all the people that believe he was guilty just haters?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His rep is only tarnished to the haters that refuse to believe (if he's cleared). Good to see everyone starting to backpedal now and find excuses. Do you not think if this goes to court the NFL won't have a team of hot shot lawyers to counter? So that excuse doesn't hold water.
Who is back pedaling? He is simply guilty. We all read the texts. We all saw Brady not willing to cooperate. You Patriot fans refuse to see the obvious because it negatively reflects upon your hero.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did OJ's. But was he guilty in the court of public opinion? Or are all the people that believe he was guilty just haters?
I don't think OJs lawyers thought for a second OJ was innocent. OJ had the money. His dream team of lawyers attacked a public defender and an inept police department. Not quite the same in my opinion. OJ was also found guilty in civilmcourt.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is back pedaling? He is simply guilty. We all read the texts. We all saw Brady not willing to cooperate. You Patriot fans refuse to see the obvious because it negatively reflects upon your hero.
Not at all. We've read what the Wells report had. We haven't seen all the (texts, film, conversations)... your hate runs deep this morning I see.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OJs lawyers thought for a second OJ was innocent. OJ had the money. His dream team of lawyers attacked a public defender and an inept police department. Not quite the same in my opinion. OJ was also found guilty in civilmcourt.
The premis is exactly the same. Anybody can say I don't believe OJs lawyers thought he was innocent just like anybody can say I don't think Brady's lawyers think he is innocent. That is nothing more than a biased opinion.

You are implying that OJs lawyers did it because he had money? Really? OJ wishes he had Tom Brady money. Do you think Brady's lawyers would take this case because he is a good guy or because they think he is innocent? They are doing it to get paid....win or lose.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. We've read what the Wells report had. We haven't seen all the (texts, film, conversations)... your hate runs deep this morning I see.
The only thing I hate this morning is the shitty turkey bacon my wife is about to place on my plate. Other than that, happy as a clam.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The premis is exactly the same. Anybody can say I don't believe OJs lawyers thought he was innocent just like anybody can say I don't think Brady's lawyers think he is innocent. That is nothing more than a biased opinion.

You are implying that OJs lawyers did it because he had money? Really? OJ wishes he had Tom Brady money. Do you think Brady's lawyers would take this case because he is a good guy or because they think he is innocent? They are doing it to get paid....win or lose.
First off OJ had "the" dream team of lawyers. Second my point is OJs $ before he lost it all vs. A public defender. A public defender on one of tge biggest cases in decades. The NFL has and can afford any lawyer they want. That is the HUGE difference.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I hate this morning is the shitty turkey bacon my wife is about to place on my plate. Other than that, happy as a clam.
Lol, the wife just served me corn beef hash. Maybe your wife loves you more?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that is not what happened.

Brady did cooperate for roughly 5 hours. Asking for his perosnal property was simply fishing.

You refuse to see the truth because of your desire for the so called scandal to be true due to your dislike of TB12 and the Patriots.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more like wishful thinking. There is literally no evidence he broke any equipment rule, even according to Wells.

Not only is there no evidence he broke any rule, there is no evidence anyone broke any rule. In fact it's been proven in other reports that they used flawed methods and bad math, and even with all that the Wells report still can only say that somebody probably cheated.

But they didn't suspend Brady because he cheated.

The Wells report also can't prove that Brady told those other people to cheat. It says that he was probably at least aware.

It's literally the weakest court case ever. The NFL and Roger Goodell would actually have to go in front of a federal judge and answer this question; "You are giving an unprecedented and in fact arbitrary suspension to this plaintiff because he might have been generally aware that another person may have done something?"

This whole issue isn't and has never been about balls. At least not footballs. It has been about power. Tom Brady refused to cooperate, and refused to hand over his personal phone. Roger Goodell didn't want to set the precedent of allowing players to cooperate at will or not. So he reached out and took something that wasn't his, in this case the power to do whatever the fuck he wants. And like anyone else who took what wasn't theirs, he's just waiting to see if he gets his hand slapped for it. So in that sense this whole thing is about balls. Big over-inflated balls.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty hilarious how many people think it's a given that a federal court would even take this lawsuit seriously.

it's a PR stunt by the players association, and really the only thing they can do for Brady.

if a court does decide to hear the case, that's bad news for Brady and the players association because there's no way in hell either want Brady to be deposed. they'd look really stupid pulling the plug on their own, which is exactly what they'd have to do.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty hilarious how many people think it's a given that a federal court would even take this lawsuit seriously.

it's a PR stunt by the players association, and really the only thing they can do for Brady.

if a court does decide to hear the case, that's bad news for Brady and the players association because there's no way in hell either want Brady to be deposed. they'd look really stupid pulling the plug on their own, which is exactly what they'd have to do.

And you clearly have no idea how any of it works via your display in that post.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are incredible. You honestly believe that, don't you? Astonishing...

And you just verified my point..........emotions......sometimes you just can't control them.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more like wishful thinking. There is literally no evidence he broke any equipment rule, even according to Wells.
You still miss the point. Who cares about evidence. We all read the texts, we all know the history of the team and we have all drawn our own conclusions. It has nothing to do with hate or dislike of TB12 as you stated in your other post. It has to do with hate and dislike of cheating. It's the Patriots defining characteristic. Keep playing blind man though if it makes you feel better.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it goes to court it won't be to determine if Tom Brady deflated balls, and it won't be to determine if he was aware that somebody else deflated balls.

If this goes to court it will be because the NFLPA challenges Roger Goodell's power to suspend players. It won't be about guilt or innocence. That won't matter to a federal judge (although he/she *may* take it into account). A federal judge will be hearing this case on the grounds of a labor dispute. Specifically whether Goodell alone without any independent oversight or arbitration has the power to hand down arbitrary length suspensions for any infraction real or perceived.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still miss the point. Who cares about evidence. We all read the texts, we all know the history of the team and we have all drawn our own conclusions. It has nothing to do with hate or dislike of TB12 as you stated in your other post. It has to do with hate and dislike of cheating. It's the Patriots defining characteristic. Keep playing blind man though if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for proving my point.:suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it goes to court it won't be to determine if Tom Brady deflated balls, and it won't be to determine if he was aware that somebody else deflated balls.

If this goes to court it will be because the NFLPA challenges Roger Goodell's power to suspend players. It won't be about guilt or innocence. That won't matter to a federal judge (although he/she *may* take it into account). A federal judge will be hearing this case on the grounds of a labor dispute. Specifically whether Goodell alone without any independent oversight or arbitration has the power to hand down arbitrary length suspensions for any infraction real or perceived.

Good post.

Also if it goes to court we will get to read the transcript of the 0 hour appeal.:nod: