• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Will Sue the NFL in Federal Court

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just seams that a lot of people thought it would be better if the judge was doty

Misko I don't care if your the judge , just not @HammerDown. Brady is guilty of everything, including rising gas prices, failed brewhouse beers, isis, trump running for Pres etc as far as he is concerned

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Times

A day after the NFL and its players association filed separate lawsuits in different states over the Tom Brady suspension, a U.S. District Court judge in Minnesota ordered the two cases to be conjoined in New York.

That can be considered a small victory for the league, which filed its suit first Wednesday in Manhattan asking the federal court to affirm Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the New England Patriots' deflategate scandal.

The NFL's move was seen as a pre-emptive strike against the union, which went on to file a suit with the U.S. District Court in Minnesota -- where the NFLPA has had success with Judge David S. Doty -- looking to get the punishment dropped.

"The Court strongly suspects the Union filed in Minnesota because it has obtained favorable rulings from this Court in the past on behalf of its members," Judge Richard Kyle wrote in his ruling Thursday morning.

"Indeed, the Court sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all. Brady plays for a team in Massachusetts; the Union is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; the NFL is headquartered in New York; the arbitration proceedings took place in New York; and the award was issued in New York."

In other words, nice try.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he plays every game.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko I don't care if your the judge , just not @HammerDown. Brady is guilty of everything, including rising gas prices, failed brewhouse beers, isis, trump running for Pres etc as far as he is concerned

This is an outrageous statement, Sonny! Everyone knows rising gas prices are George Bush's fault! They have nothing to do with Tom Brady!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an outrageous statement, Sonny! Everyone knows rising gas prices are George Bush's fault! They have nothing to do with Tom Brady!

Phew finally innocent of something, now he is batting .001

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they prove Tom Brady is innocent in the whole deflagrate ordeal he will still get suspended for not cooperating with the investigation and I don't think the courts can do anything about that since it's subjective to what the league thinks is cooperating? :noidea:

Agreed.
I don't think the court will even go to the deflated football stuff ... they're going for whether there was a reasonable request for Brady's phone by the league under a CBA agreement. If so, Brady's destruction of that phone at that time will incriminate him.

I have doubts on this because of Brady's and Kraft's responses of surprise ... they were either really misinformed by their advisers, really stupid, or desperate criminals ... I know Brady could be this goofy, but Kraft? The court has to find evidence of that or Goodell and the NFL failed to make clear their ability to get the phone ...

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Boy is a victim of his own arrogance and coach belichik's culture of cheating. How many times is the league supposed to let the pats off with a slap on the wrist when they get causght cheating? Truth be told, they got off easy again if you ask anyone who isn't a pats fan. They cheated their way to another SuperBowl. They should never have been allowed to play that game knowing that Brady cheated. At the very least, Brady should have been suspended from playing. In essence Brady and the pats traded a 4 game suspension for a Super Bowl. 31 other teams would have made that trade without hesitation so quit crying Tommy Boy. You made out like a bandit!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss for Brady as they were hoping a judge who must be gay who has ruled against the NFL in the past would get this case in MN. Instead he sent it back to NY where the Judge is most likely a Bills, Jets, or Giants fan. Brady is screwed!

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i'm wondering whats happening....

Is Brady trying to appeal this to cut down on his suspension or be able to play all the games?

What are the chances Brady could actually win the appeals process and not miss games?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fair chance Brady's lawyers could get the suspension suspended until after the court renders a verdict. In that case he would be allowed to play. The risk is that if the court ends up upholding the suspension then Brady could find himself missing games near the end of the season when they may need him for a stretch run. If it turns out Brady has to serve 4 games the best ones to miss are probably at the beginning in my opinion.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i'm wondering whats happening....

Is Brady trying to appeal this to cut down on his suspension or be able to play all the games?

What are the chances Brady could actually win the appeals process and not miss games?
he doesnt want to miss games so history doesnt repeat itself with jimmy.

he doesnt want to miss a game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what does Brady have to lose?

If he loses the appeal in court he will be tarnished even more. The Patriots might have more stuff come out about what they did and or didn't know about the deflated footballs as with Brady... So he does have a lot to lose here. Either way he loses imo

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for Brady and his nut swingers with the Minnesota ruling. But I'm sure they'll keep claiming the NFL is screwed and Brady will play the whole season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NFL is screwed and Brady will play the whole season.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like what the court said so far, which was basically "get over yourselves and figure this out for yourself. I can't believe you're wasting our time over deflated footballs". The NFL's a officially turned into a joke. I'm just glad it actually went to a court that has other important things to do instead of listening to this nonsense.