• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Will Sue the NFL in Federal Court

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's being exposed for what he really is. The Lady of Justice is angry and she isn't going away.

Wow, did you really type that? ...and are these the jeans you bought in lot today?

tumblr_inline_n3r8pj0PNT1re1b9l.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, did you really type that? ...and are these the jeans you bought in lot today?

tumblr_inline_n3r8pj0PNT1re1b9l.jpg

You've never listened to Metallica. Probably more into Barry Manilow huh?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he bluffing? Because if it goes to federal court, he's opening a can of worms that could end in a lifetime ban when the truth comes out. No way Robert Kraft wants the truth out there.

Patty pageviews strikes again. :thumb:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great angle. You're a smart dude.

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this for 10 minutes now. I know it can't be an actual compliment because this is the Internet. So it must be some sort of insult. But you didn't go over the top enough to make it obvious that it's sarcasm. So I'm here in that unique position of knowing I've been insulted and knowing you're making fun of me, but I can't see it. Which makes it even worse.

15 minutes later and all I can come up with is;

No. You're the smart dude.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this for 10 minutes now. I know it can't be an actual compliment because this is the Internet. So it must be some sort of insult. But you didn't go over the top enough to make it obvious that it's sarcasm. So I'm here in that unique position of knowing I've been insulted and knowing you're making fun of me, but I can't see it. Which makes it even worse.

Lol!

I too simply thought you made a solid post...you may be reading too much into this.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of crazy in this thread....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised how many are upset over Brady/NFLPA possibly taking it to another level. Was this a surprise?

Kessler isn't along just for the ride.

They are setting the bar pretty high. They should have done it sooner to let Goodell consider it a little more before making his likely bone-headed assessment.

I think a one game suspension will be acceptable to Brady but who knows.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, you're funny too. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm weird like that. Complimenting people on the internet and all. Nothing is permanent though... you were a smart dude during that moment in that post on that day.

I bet Wells would accept another 5 million from the Brady camp to write up that steroid report. Wells is your classic Vegas whore.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he bluffing? Because if it goes to federal court, he's opening a can of worms that could end in a lifetime ban when the truth comes out. No way Robert Kraft wants the truth out there.

Total Bluff !!.......Let's see if RG falls for it or not, that's the question....I wouldn't be surprised by RG reducing it to 2 games, but I don't think he's caving on this one....Fans would be calling for his head, and it already has rope burns from last yrs debacle....:nono:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the league has certainly benefited monetarily from Goodell that's for sure and that is exactly why he will keep his job. From an "integrity" standpoint (which he claims he wants to have a high integrity) he is failing miserably!

People act like the most profitable sport in the world wouldn't be able to find a decent substitute.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn'the miss games even if he challenged the ruling in federal court... he may even miss more. The case could get locked up in court for a while... not to meantion it could be mid season before anything was heard.

Brady needs to take what he gets like a man and not try to get off on a technicality he could end up hurting his team even worse.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn'the miss games even if he challenged the ruling in federal court... he may even miss more. The case could get locked up in court for a while... not to meantion it could be mid season before anything was heard.

Brady needs to take what he gets like a man and not try to get off on a technicality he could end up hurting his team even worse.

"...he may even miss more."? What?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much SportsHoopla, so little time ...
One thing's for sure, the Pats & Brady got themselves into this perfect mess, and now they are dealing with the consequences. I hope they stop dragging out this stupid issue, I mean, c'mon man!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much SportsHoopla, so little time ...
One thing's for sure, the Pats & Brady got themselves into this perfect mess, and now they are dealing with the consequences. I hope they stop dragging out this stupid issue, I mean, c'mon man!

So for sake of debate let's assume Brady and the Pats did nothing wrong, should they just give in?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here.

If he does decide to take it to federal court and it drags out until the start of the season, does he get to play until a decision is made, or does he have to serve his suspension regardless?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...he may even miss more."? What?

If he is in an on going dispute with his employer its possible that he will be barred from games until the dispute is settled and Federal court cases are known for being notoriously slow as with just about everything else the government does. RG could even hold out on his decision till right before the season begins to even insure this.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here.

If he does decide to take it to federal court and it drags out until the start of the season, does he get to play until a decision is made, or does he have to serve his suspension regardless?

Yeah, I am not sure but I strongly suspect that could be the case. I also do not think TB can sue for the right to play in games but he can sue for any missed salary in the unlikely case of being found innocent and I suppose he could claim other damages.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for sake of debate let's assume Brady and the Pats did nothing wrong, should they just give in?

That is beyond the point. In public opinion and perception, issues management is best handled quickly, discretely and effectively. Today you have people who know nothing about football creating stories and rumors, which will only hurt the Pats image during this generation. Is that what we want as fans? I frankly don't care what happened in terms of facts and have clearly stated my opinion that Brady could have said at the outset something very simple along the lines of ... "sure, I asked the ball boys to make sure that the balls were inflated to my liking. If it was below the limit, it was unintentional and I accept whatever fine is imposed by the NFL." Instead, the Pats, by virtue of their arrogance, have created a scandal of global proportion, over nothing, just a few PSI, which is equivalent to a fart.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question here.

Likely within 24 hours after the appeal result is made known to Brady and the NFLPA the legal team files an injuction, better term a restraining order, against the punishment. Feds nearly always grant this. This order will prevent punishment from being carried out.

Depending on how they want to proceed the legal team of the NFLPA can then drag it out all the way into the next off season if they make the right legal moves.