• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Will Sue the NFL in Federal Court

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already begun working on their novel. Can't wait...

It can be found in fiction sections across the land. There's a big market for the completely made up version of events. Just looks at all you idiots.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be found in fiction sections across the land. There's a big market for the completely made up version of events. Just looks at all you idiots.

"You're all idiots but not me! I know what happened!"

:L

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily make a case right now for that same $5,000,000 that Ted Wells got, that every single player, coach, and front office executive in the entire league INCLUDING ROGER GOODELL is more probably than not at least generally aware that (INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE) is more probably than not using some sort of banned performance enhancing substance.

It's a stupid reason to suspend somebody and "more probable than not" it violates federal labor laws unless it was strictly agreed to in the labor agreement between the NFLPA and the league. And obviously the NFLPA doesn't feel that they agreed to that. I don't care about deflate gate or his legacy or cheating or any of that crap. I just think Goodell is WAY overstepping his bounds and would like to see him get slapped down for it.

Great angle. You're a smart dude.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon is a relative term. Such as me saying to my friend that I will see him soon could mean a matter of minutes or a matter of weeks. It is why people like Goodell talk in that way as it doesn't force their hand before they want to.

Or is cosmic terms, it could be billions of years.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to me his bosses by how much they pay him have shown they love the job he is doing. In a money sense the NFL has never been more popular or more profitable so I guess you could say he has done his job really well. In the sense that fans think the NFL looks competent in what they are doing then I would say he has failed miserably. At the same time because of how bad he fails on some of this it keeps the NFL on the front page even in the off season. No other sport in my opinion can make that type of claim.

Yes, the league has certainly benefited monetarily from Goodell that's for sure and that is exactly why he will keep his job. From an "integrity" standpoint (which he claims he wants to have a high integrity) he is failing miserably!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The integrity of the game is very important to me." - Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.

I wonder is he'd say that in United States federal court under oath?

Probably not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the league has certainly benefited monetarily from Goodell that's for sure and that is exactly why he will keep his job. From an "integrity" standpoint (which he claims he wants to have a high integrity) he is failing miserably!

This again has to be where you look at who his bosses are. You don't become a billionaire like these guys without maybe having cut some corners, stepped on some toes, or played in the gray area of business. They only care about the money side of this of is this business profitable and as long as it is Goodell will have a job and be paid handsomely for it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This again has to be where you look at who his bosses are. You don't become a billionaire like these guys without maybe having cut some corners, stepped on some toes, or played in the gray area of business. They only care about the money side of this of is this business profitable and as long as it is Goodell will have a job and be paid handsomely for it.

exactly! That's why I find it UTTERLY LAUGHABLE when Goodell say's he does things "for the integrity of the game." BS, he does it to stack his wallet!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The integrity of the game is very important to me." - Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.

I wonder is he'd say that in United States federal court under oath?

Probably not.

Goodell also says the same crap, so let's not go pretending it's only Brady

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly! That's why I find it UTTERLY LAUGHABLE when Goodell say's he does things "for the integrity of the game." BS, he does it to stack his wallet!

All guys are going to say this though. I mean if he went out and said the truth of "Well we made this decision because financially it is in the best interest of the owners" then everybody would just throw up their hands in frustration. He is saying what he has to say in the situation to keep the ball rolling. Players though should think of it this way in anything that brings in more money for the league also means that much more money for players. It is why you are seeing the contracts dished out today that you are. So in some ways they should be thanking Goodell and the owners for what they have done to make this league so popular and put the millions of dollars in the pockets of these players.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell also says the same crap, so let's not go pretending it's only Brady

Except this is what Brady said. And he's been deeply involved in a culture of rampant cheating for over a decade.

You do understand that the magic words "Roger Goodell" don't make this go away, right?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you find it when Tom Brady said it? Because he said it, not Goodell. Tom Brady says it yet you find it "utterly laughable" and attribute the quote to Roger Goodell?

Are you serious?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except this is what Brady said. And he's been deeply involved in a culture of rampant cheating for over a decade.

You do understand that the magic words "Roger Goodell" don't make this go away, right?
Yesterday you said it had been a decade and a half of rampant cheating. You never did say what that cheating was? Are you working your way down till you get there?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because I'm pretty sure TB and his team of lawyers are the only ones who don't know that technology exsits to retreive texts. Nope they live in caves. Good thing we have all the SportsHoopla experts who have zero knowledge of what's actually happened chimming in.

...and you're one of those SportsHoopla experts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you're one of those SportsHoopla experts.
Not claiming I am. Just amazed how many experts and people who were obviously in the meetings from their quotes continue to post "what happened, or should've done"...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you find it when Tom Brady said it? Because he said it, not Goodell. Tom Brady says it yet you find it "utterly laughable" and attribute the quote to Roger Goodell?

Are you serious?

did you even read what I wrote and was referring too? I wasn't mentioning Brady and anything he said...

Goodell constantly says he does things for the integrity of the game yet it really isn't in the integrity of the game only to help his wallet

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you even read what I wrote and was referring too? I wasn't mentioning Brady and anything he said...

Goodell constantly says he does things for the integrity of the game yet it really isn't in the integrity of the game only to help his wallet

So we're right back to square one then? Your excuse for Tom Brady making a liar of himself is "but... but... but... Roger Goodell!"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're right back to square one then? Your excuse for Tom Brady making a liar of himself is "but... but... but... Roger Goodell!"

Dude. Please step back from all this crap and realize this isnt solely about Brady and I was talking with cdumler and replying to his comments.