• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is OVERRATED

Do you think Tom Brady is overrated?

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I'm not implying that best pure passer makes Marino the best quarterback ever, btw.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best pure passer I have seen play is Marino. Of course, he always had flawed rosters and never got his championship. If he had been drafted by Pittsburgh as was anticipated, maybe he eclipses everyone? His slide in that draft was inexplicable.

Every draft you shake your head and say wtf. Sometimes they know something we don't know and hit it and sometimes they are so far off

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously more important to Brady detractors that he be maligned than for me to bother to defend him.

It's hilarious watching you guys still grasping at the Cassell straw while Brady is currently tearing up the fucking league.

:pound:

What a whiny pack of sore-asses.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously more important to Brady detractors that he be maligned than for me to bother to defend him.

It's hilarious watching you guys still grasping at the Cassell straw while Brady is currently tearing up the fucking league.

:pound:

What a whiny pack of sore-asses.

Tearing up the Browns, Bengals, Bills and Big Benless Steelers??

Woopty doo

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I'm not implying that best pure passer makes Marino the best quarterback ever, btw.

True everyone's list will be different. You ask the old timers and you will get a Baugh,Graham, Starr and of course Unitas and Stauback from them. Ali wasn't the greatest in most opinions because of stats but eye test- and what he did when he did it. Kids today might say Floyd Mayweather is the greatest and to me he is a punk. Can't compare stats because of rule changes but also now it's harder to repeat because of FA and salary cap, so 2 edged sword

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady's not playing well?

He has a point , last time they played Pitt with Ben in the line-up, he only put up 56 points and is only 24-6 vs that AFCN division 80% is weak

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time these clowns could barely contain their glee?

Chiefs-Patriots: 10 things to know from Kansas City's 41-14 MNF win

Pick any facet of the game, and New England was completely dominated. But the biggest concern was Tom Brady. And it's not close. Less than a month ago Brady said "when I suck, I'll retire." If he's true to his word he'll walk away tomorrow, because he straight up sucked on Monday. There's plenty of reasonable excuses relating to a lack of weapons and a lack of protection for Brady. But the 37-year-old quarterback -- who's struggled previously this year -- made tons of mistakes throughout the night.

Lol!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Kelly - "Brady is the best ever, greatest of all time, I have no problem saying that."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Att Com % YDS YPA TD INT Sack Rating YPG

1 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 193 279 69.2 2,636 9.45 75 19 4 20 115.8 330

30 Tom Brady, QB NE 98 134 73.1 1,319 9.84 63 12 0 8 133.9 330

39 year old Tom Brady is #1 percentage #1 YPA #1 Rating Tied for #1 in TPG
He's ranked 30th because he's only played in 4 games and the ranking id based on yards thrown. If you double Brady's stats as if he had played 8 games........#1 in total yards 2638 #1 in TDs 24

His opponents may not be the iron of the league, but no one plays the iron week in and week out.
Come to think of it the iron of the NFL are the Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders and Falcons.

The rest of the NFL is aluminum foil.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have plenty of basis.

1. Tom Brady was nothing but a game manager when he won the majority of his Super Bowls. His defense, running game, offensive line, coaching and kicker were all much more important in his 1st 3 championships.

2. The fact that he had to cheat to accomplish much of his success is a BIG deal to me. Yeah there are roid users in baseball but the pretty much ALL used roids. I still consider Hank Aaron the Home Run King.

3. Tom Brady is just a system QB. Look at that YPR stat. He is #23rd all time because he can't throw the ball like the big boys. When Matt Cassel can come in and win 11 games clearly you aren't that important to your team. When Jimmy Garraplo and a 3rd stringer can carry the team to a 3-1 start it is clear he isn't that important to the team.

4. He doesn't have the skillset of the top QBs. He has simply been placed in the perfect system.

He is still an all-time great but since his career is tarnished by cheating and scandal I cannot put him in the top 5.

1. Show me any team that the QB alone won a SB?
2. Hate every team then. Every team has skeletons in the closet whether it's manipulating the cap, OTA violations, heating up balls on the sideline, failed urinalysis... by the letter of the law they cheated. Screw your little white lie argument before you even bring it up. Because someone as sanctimonious as you shouldn't be allowed to. Cheating is cheating.
3. Except TB is leading the league in deep ball % this year. He's even running this year lol
4. I think he's proved over time he has the required skillset to be a top QB.

As for your last statement, that's because you're a moron

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the Greatest Of All Time.

Get used to it, it's not changing anytime soon, possibly not even in our lifetime.

even possibly one the of the greatest "Elway" agrees he is one of the greatest

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best pure passer I have seen play is Marino. Of course, he always had flawed rosters and never got his championship. If he had been drafted by Pittsburgh as was anticipated, maybe he eclipses everyone? His slide in that draft was inexplicable.

Marino's slide in the draft was far from inexplicable. He had blown out a knee at Pitt, was never known as a workout warrior and was a well known party animal that no one has ever considered "bright".

As for the flawed rosters you speak of in Miami, a few years ago our esteemed colleague @Mondo Jay laid out a well documented explanation for Miami's lack of playoff success during Marino's career and much of it can be laid at the feet of their QB. He choked in the playoffs, simple as that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway struggles to crack my top ten.

it might not have been him who said it... I was driving in the car and heard the very tail end of it on the radio

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Show me any team that the QB alone won a SB?
2. Hate every team then. Every team has skeletons in the closet whether it's manipulating the cap, OTA violations, heating up balls on the sideline, failed urinalysis... by the letter of the law they cheated. Screw your little white lie argument before you even bring it up. Because someone as sanctimonious as you shouldn't be allowed to. Cheating is cheating.
3. Except TB is leading the league in deep ball % this year. He's even running this year lol
4. I think he's proved over time he has the required skillset to be a top QB.

As for your last statement, that's because you're a moron

1. No. I stated Tom Brady was a game manager. The greats that didn't need cheating were never game managers in their victories.
2. Name me other teams who were fined and lost draft picks due to spying on other teams and tampering with game balls.
3. Incorrect and more than likely lie. PFF Signature Stats
4. Skillset has to do with physical attributes and Tom is mediocre to below average in all physical attributes.

As for you last statement, how did you say that with Toms cock down your esophagus?