• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is OVERRATED

Do you think Tom Brady is overrated?

• Total voters

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady did cheat. There is no argument. His career has benefited from 2 KNOWN cheating scandals.

Tom Brady didn't play baseball so comparing him to baseball players to figure out who is the better QB is extremely dumb. You should be embarrassed you just brought that shit up.

Neither of which he had anything to do with other than in the minds that already hate him for his success. See yourself as an example.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of which he had anything to do with other than in the minds that already hate him for his success. See yourself as an example.

Whether he had anything to do with it or not is irrelevant. His career was benefited by cheating. It is pretty safe to assume his numbers would be lessor had he not known the defense he was facing before each play.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he had anything to do with it or not is irrelevant. His career was benefited by cheating. It is pretty safe to assume his numbers would be lessor had he not known the defense he was facing before each play.

Except you haven't been able to show any instances of it.

And using your logic how do you explain his numbers this season?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you haven't been able to show any instances of it.

And using your logic how do you explain his numbers this season?

EVERYONE knows the Patriots cheated. Everyone except guys who were blinded by Brady tea baggings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Brady trails Peyton, Favre, and Brees in most individual categories (and Rodgers will be in that mix as well).

Favre and Brees aren't better than Brady though, so what does it matter? Peyton is on Brady's level and I wouldn't have a problem with taking either QB but why would you take Peyton over Brady?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady did cheat. There is no argument. His career has benefited from 2 KNOWN cheating scandals.

Tom Brady didn't play baseball so comparing him to baseball players to figure out who is the better QB is extremely dumb. You should be embarrassed you just brought that shit up.

You have absolutely no basis why Brady shouldn't be considered in the top 2 or top 3 best QB's of all-time. You are just blurting out shit. You have proved in the past everything that comes out of your mouth is a waste of breath. The only one embarrassing themselves is you. You have zero facts to provide that Brady is overrated.

Why is deflating a ball a bit help Brady win? Why was is he having the same success before and after? Does game film help him throw perfect passes that only his WR can catch? If you want to put Brady's success on Belichick's system. Fine but saying he isn't in the discussion for one of the greatest QB's of all-time makes you looking like an absolute idiot. Just stop :L

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Brady trails Peyton, Favre, and Brees in most individual categories (and Rodgers will be in that mix as well).

Super Bowls.............

Brady 4
Manning 2
Brees 1
Favre 2

As far as Super Bowl performance goes..........Manning was non existent in both of his. Brees and Manning played arena football for half of their careers.

There's an argument for both sides. If you hate Brady and the Patriots you'll find ways to demean them. If your a fan of Brady and the Patriots, you'll find ways to sell and defend them.

So just man up and say you hate Brady and the fact that he's been successful for so long and so consistently. If he was on the Cowboys or the Ravens or the Jets he'd be a hero to their fans and they'd be defending him to the death.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have absolutely no basis why Brady shouldn't be considered in the top 2 or top 3 best QB's of all-time. You are just blurting out shit. You have proved in the past everything that comes out of your mouth is a waste of breath. The only one embarrassing themselves is you. You have zero facts to provide that Brady is overrated.

Why is deflating a ball a bit help Brady win? Why was is he having the same success before and after? Does game film help him throw perfect passes that only his WR can catch? If you want to put Brady's success on Belichick's system. Fine but saying he isn't in the discussion for one of the greatest QB's of all-time makes you looking like an absolute idiot. Just stop :L

I do have plenty of basis.

1. Tom Brady was nothing but a game manager when he won the majority of his Super Bowls. His defense, running game, offensive line, coaching and kicker were all much more important in his 1st 3 championships.

2. The fact that he had to cheat to accomplish much of his success is a BIG deal to me. Yeah there are roid users in baseball but the pretty much ALL used roids. I still consider Hank Aaron the Home Run King.

3. Tom Brady is just a system QB. Look at that YPR stat. He is #23rd all time because he can't throw the ball like the big boys. When Matt Cassel can come in and win 11 games clearly you aren't that important to your team. When Jimmy Garraplo and a 3rd stringer can carry the team to a 3-1 start it is clear he isn't that important to the team.

4. He doesn't have the skillset of the top QBs. He has simply been placed in the perfect system.

He is still an all-time great but since his career is tarnished by cheating and scandal I cannot put him in the top 5.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre and Brees aren't better than Brady though, so what does it matter? Peyton is on Brady's level and I wouldn't have a problem with taking either QB but why would you take Peyton over Brady?

NEPatsfan said Brady was dominating the stats, which is a clear falsehood.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowls.............

Brady 4
Manning 2
Brees 1
Favre 2

As far as Super Bowl performance goes..........Manning was non existent in both of his. Brees and Manning played arena football for half of their careers.

There's an argument for both sides. If you hate Brady and the Patriots you'll find ways to demean them. If your a fan of Brady and the Patriots, you'll find ways to sell and defend them.

So just man up and say you hate Brady and the fact that he's been successful for so long and so consistently. If he was on the Cowboys or the Ravens or the Jets he'd be a hero to their fans and they'd be defending him to the death.

Super Bowls are team accomplishments.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in totality he dominates them. In Peyton's case you have to weigh in the fact he played a huge portion of his career indoors. Many of those stats will fall this year or next, for example total reg season wins, total wins, etc.

Pass completions/pass attemps/yards/tds/ is a possibility if he does in fact play another 4-5 years as he has said he inteds to do.

He either leads, or is heading towards leading in every single category.

Also you were arguing only Montana was better, and the only thing Montana has going for him at this point is being tied with Brady at 4 rings each.

You are confusing team stats with individual stats. This isn't baseball, wins go to the team, not the starting pitcher.

Brady is not playing another 4-5 years as he "intends", unless you believe Brees is going to as well, which means Brees likely stays ahead of Brady in those stats.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowls are team accomplishments.

So is every other statistic. Think Brady or Brees can make a completed pass without the offensive line blocking or the WR catching it?

That is a totally asinine statement.

The only stats in sports that are not team stats are baseball. Everything is up to the individual.

Get a fucking life.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit you fuckers. Don't bring up spygate again.. That was some bullshit and you know it. You fuckers had our plays, had the Steelers plays in the AFC game, got fined $500,000 and lost a pick. You've lost alot of picks and the NFL helped you cover up spygate. Google NFL burning tapes.

For years the NFL helped you all cover up whatever it is the fuck you all needed covered up. The Brady deflategate bullshit was less of a deal, just more of a make up call.

Don't get me all riled up bitches

angry short guy.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEPatsfan said Brady was dominating the stats, which is a clear falsehood.

Karl Malone has scored more points than Jordan so he is better or maybe he has played more games. If a guy takes 50 shots a game and scores 30 points a season, but the team loses he is better?. You have to take all the intangibles and tangibles. TD/INT ratio 4th Q GW drives, their defenses if they are carries etc etc. I'm not going to defend Brady here, GOAT or top 5-10 is subjective. I have watched the Pats since 70 and watching 30 years of futility. They bring back Belick to be HC and he goes 5-11 and starts off 01 season 0-2. Kid Brady comes in and they have the best record in the NFL for the last 15 years. over .750 record . Belichick is .500 w/o Brady and missed the playoff both years. Brady led the leagues in td a few times, hit 50 in 07. His int ratio is sick and he played a few years before they changed the rules. 3 seasons over 4800 yard passing and I believe has never had a season of 15 in, the boys in your list have

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit you fuckers. Don't bring up spygate again.. That was some bullshit and you know it. You fuckers had our plays, had the Steelers plays in the AFC game, got fined $500,000 and lost a pick. You've lost alot of picks and the NFL helped you cover up spygate. Google NFL burning tapes.

For years the NFL helped you all cover up whatever it is the fuck you all needed covered up. The Brady deflategate bullshit was less of a deal, just more of a make up call.

Don't get me all riled up bitches

View attachment 150594

SJ you were compensated pretty nicely for giving me the tapes personally, fat envelope I handed you. TY

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is every other statistic. Think Brady or Brees can make a completed pass without the offensive line blocking or the WR catching it?

That is a totally asinine statement.

I agree, equating your spin to include super bowls as individual accomplishments is an asinine statement.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Malone has scored more points than Jordan so he is better or maybe he has played more games. If a guy takes 50 shots a game and scores 30 points a season, but the team loses he is better?. You have to take all the intangibles and tangibles. TD/INT ratio 4th Q GW drives, their defenses if they are carries etc etc. I'm not going to defend Brady here, GOAT or top 5-10 is subjective. I have watched the Pats since 70 and watching 30 years of futility. They bring back Belick to be HC and he goes 5-11 and starts off 01 season 0-2. Kid Brady comes in and they have the best record in the NFL for the last 15 years. over .750 record . Belichick is .500 w/o Brady and missed the playoff both years. Brady led the leagues in td a few times, hit 50 in 07. His int ratio is sick and he played a few years before they changed the rules. 3 seasons over 4800 yard passing and I believe has never had a season of 15 in, the boys in your list have

So, you agree with me that context is needed and that any "best ever" conversation is purely opinion, thank you. Eras are not easily compared either within that context.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you agree with me that context is needed and that any "best ever" conversation is purely opinion, thank you. Eras are not easily compared either within that context.

Absolutely I think you have to take everything into account. Montana played in a different era, different rules and he played less games, so to say that Brady has more yards than him would be foolish, of course he should. Favre has played the most games and Peyton 2nd most ever as QB, so I would expect their stats to be inflated. What Marino did and Brees is doing is remarkable and both would prob have have a or more SB's if they had better supporting casts. I doubt you will get the same top 5 or 10 list from anyone, because its subjective and opinion. I personally had Montana as no#1, watching his entire career, even ND but that has switched recently. What you see with your eye, 4th Q comebacks, low t/o's etc make the grade for me, not meaningless stats

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely I think you have to take everything into account. Montana played in a different era, different rules and he played less games, so to say that Brady has more yards than him would be foolish, of course he should. Favre has played the most games and Peyton 2nd most ever as QB, so I would expect their stats to be inflated. What Marino did and Brees is doing is remarkable and both would prob have have a or more SB's if they had better supporting casts. I doubt you will get the same top 5 or 10 list from anyone, because its subjective and opinion. I personally had Montana as no#1, watching his entire career, even ND but that has switched recently. What you see with your eye, 4th Q comebacks, low t/o's etc make the grade for me, not meaningless stats

The best pure passer I have seen play is Marino. Of course, he always had flawed rosters and never got his championship. If he had been drafted by Pittsburgh as was anticipated, maybe he eclipses everyone? His slide in that draft was inexplicable.