• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua and Profar both hit the ball well, but for outs.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandler and Grieve are discussing if it would be better for Hanser to go down to AAA and play everyday or stick with the team. Since he is probably not going to get a chance to start here in the future I don't mind him being a bench player. He is probably destined to be a utility player anyway.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandler and Grieve are discussing if it would be better for Hanser to go down to AAA and play everyday or stick with the team. Since he is probably not going to get a chance to start here in the future I don't mind him being a bench player. He is probably destined to be a utility player anyway.

Where would he give you the most value? Playing everyday at RR and possibly being a trade chip, for a team that think he could be an everyday player for their team, or wasting away as a bench player. I think bench roles are better suited for guys that have been around for awhile and we know for sure what they are, i.e. Adam Rosales, but just my thoughts. Alberto may never amount to much of an everyday guy, but I'm not ready to make that assumption yet

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would he give you the most value? Playing everyday at RR and possibly being a trade chip, for a team that think he could be an everyday player for their team, or wasting away as a bench player. I think bench roles are better suited for guys that have been around for awhile and we know for sure what they are, i.e. Adam Rosales, but just my thoughts. Alberto may never amount to much of an everyday guy, but I'm not ready to make that assumption yet
Unless I could find a better option for the reserve role I would rather have him on the big league club. That is what the team needs the most this year I think. I don't think his trade value is ever going to be that great anyway since I think he is destined to be a utility player. To me he is completely different than a guy like Profar.

Besides, I think an intelligent GM for another team is not going to devalue him very much for playing on a ML bench versus starting everyday in the minors. For instance, if Profar was on a different team and if we needed to trade for him I would give up just as much to get him if he is playing everyday in AAA or on the bench for the ML club.

We certainly know what Rosales is. I would hope for a better alternative than Rosales who changes teams quite often because he is not that good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland gets his first HR of the spring.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I usually agree with that. To me the main exception to that is if a player regardless of age is just not going to be a starter on the big league team. If that person can fill in at various positions and has some good fundamentals then I am okay with that younger player in the bench role. Alberto is a toss up to me because of what he did this off season. That may have improved his trade chip otherwise he would have fit into the utility role as a young player to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I second your thoughts here to a T. :clap:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi inducing double play ground balls to help himself out of some jams. 2 so far through 3 innings.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi inducing double play ground balls to help himself out of some jams. 2 so far through 3 innings.
Would like to see some K's on the board. At least one anyway.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances to repeat. The Astros are the sexy pick with Keuchel coming off a Cy Young and an exciting young player like Correa. I'm still not convinced they have the depth to really be a WS contender. I mean, they did ride career years from shitty players like Colby Rasmus. Our Rangers on the other hand won the division while battling injuries to some key players like Darvish, Harrison, and Holland.

I think Prince just ran out of gas. I expect an even bigger year fromh next year. Our depth this year is something we haven't had before and I just feel like we too deep. With a little fortune and maybe one or two moves, we might be legit World Series contenders.

Yeah, I think the Astros will be good but they are still a little young and I agree on the depth comment.

As for Prince, I am wondering if running out of gas is becoming a problem, we saw that a bit at the tail end of his Tigers career too. I still expect him to have a solid season. Rumor has it, he has gotten a little power back... or at least I think I heard that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler must have been bitching about him somewhere

Alright now.....let the Crawler up for some air please.

But he takes it pretty well, so perhaps, a never mind is warranted. ha

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright now.....let the Crawler up for some air please.

But he takes it pretty well, so perhaps, a never mind is warranted. ha

He was a good sport about it! After all Mitch did have a pretty good year last year, and was only hurt a little bit down the stretch. Im sure NC was ok with taking a little good natured ribbing and grief over his premature whining during last offseason. Hope he stays on Mitch's behind all year this year too. HAHA!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying the discussion on the broadcast about sabermetrics, especially about the limitations of BABIP.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see some K's on the board. At least one anyway.
None today, but only 46 pitches in 3 innings. It will be interesting to see what he was working on today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a good sport about it! After all Mitch did have a pretty good year last year, and was only hurt a little bit down the stretch. Im sure NC was ok with taking a little good natured ribbing and grief over his premature whining during last offseason. Hope he stays on Mitch's behind all year this year too. HAHA!

He was a VERY good sport actually. And is there any doubt in your mind he won't "stay on Mr Mitch" this season?

I'm gonna tell y'all right now, I thought we should have traded MM in the off season. But maybe....MAYBE....since he's gonna be a FA soon, he'll come through and we'll win it all!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reserving my win prediction for the end of ST, but I am very bullish on them presently. My prediction will probably be in the 90s.

Prince is usually a very poor postseason hitter and he more than likely always will be. His slash line is .189/.276/.311 in the postseason.

90's seems about right.

As for Prince, my main concern is he bats in the middle of the order and over his last 74 post season AB's he has 13H, 1 RBI, 0 HRs, 1 2B, 0 3B. You have to get better production out of the middle of the order in the post season IMO but then again, pitching come before that.