• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......Chapman got a 30 game suspension. And he took it, without protest.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we eventually put Profar in LF I think he will be more productive than most any left fielder that we have had in several years not named Hamilton.

It won't be this season, that's where my money is

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, could've been worse.

I guess I'm a little more surprised by him not appealing than the actual suspension. He made a pretty big production of announcing that no matter what the number of games was, he was going to appeal.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he ends up in LF for us anyway.

Me either.

Unless he ended up being Matt Holiday, or Alex Gordon, this would be a huge drop-off from previous expectations.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he ends up in LF for us anyway.
I am not sure that he ever would, but all I was saying is that he would probably offensively outperform just about anyone we have had out there besides Hamilton since that one good year Kevin Mench put up I believe in 2005. Since then it has been a lot of guys like Murphy, Boggs, Dellucci, Cattalanato and various others. In fact I believe the one good year Mench had and the one good year Cat had a few years prior to that are the only 2 seasons this century that would excel what Profar would probably do with the exception of Hamilton. Besides the couple of years Hamilton played LF for us we haven't gotten a ton of production from that position. It isn't like Profar would have to put up All Star numbers or anything to do what I said I thought he could do.

Of course when one mentions Profar excelling there are going to be a lot of naysayers.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that he ever would, but all I was saying is that he would probably offensively outperform just about anyone we have had out there besides Hamilton since that one good year Kevin Mench put up I believe in 2005. Since then it has been a lot of guys like Murphy, Boggs, Dellucci, Cattalanato and various others. In fact I believe the one good year Mench had and the one good year Cat had a few years prior to that are the only 2 seasons this century that would excel what Profar would probably do with the exception of Hamilton. Besides the couple of years Hamilton played LF for us we haven't gotten a ton of production from that position. It isn't like Profar would have to put up All Star numbers or anything to do what I said I thought he could do.

Of course when one mentions Profar excelling there are going to be a lot of naysayers.[/QUOTE

Profar is a very talented and heady baseball player that we are rightfully being careful with Since his injury return. But this guy has the head for the big stage and eventually will not be denied. HR first AB this spring, IF we trade him, we better get value. I suspect he will have a Monster time in AAA and there will be tough decisions to be made.

BTW his offensive numbers eventually will surpass what we have trotted out there in LF in recent years.

You don't always come across a rare bird like Profar that thrives under pressure under the spotlight. I hope we find a way to keep him

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course when one mentions Profar excelling there are going to be a lot of naysayers.

David Murphy had a pretty solid season playing LF for us in 2012

And Hamilton never played in more than 100 games for us in LF but 2010 must be the season you're referring to, he played 92 games and put up 27 HRs and 77 RBIs and hit .378 when playing LF

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder: The Rangers/Royals are on 105.3 @ 2PM this afternoon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luke just needs to get healthy and go to Round Rock to start the season to prepare for coming up when we have our first bullpen injury.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will be tracking all kinds of data throughout their organization with this new radar system | SportsDay

As the Rangers seek to grow their analytics department, they also seek to expand the amount of data they have to analyze.

And that's the reason they have installed a $20,000 radar system, The Trackman, on a spring training practice field. The system picks up velocity of pitched and hit balls, spin rate, arm extension and release point, all factors that help determine when a pitcher fatigues and just how effective his pitches are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3