• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It warms my heart to see HammerDown finally happy. What has it been like 6 weeks of misery?

:nod:

BF4L, are you busy tonight? Eric and Nipsey are failing miserably and they need someone to pass the "hatred, bitterness and obsession" torch to. Can you help out? :hope:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, you Peyton homers use all the same excuses.

"Oh, but Peyton never had a defense."
"Peyton made all of those players great, not the other way around"
"Oh my poor wittle, Peytie, oh my God, he never had a head coach, he was the coach."

It gets old, ya know?

and all the brady fans of the same set of reasons

no talent for WR's
won in the playoffs (whats his record since spy gate again)

Actually take the blinders off and take a look for a second. Are you actually making the case that blair white, austin collie jacob tamme made peyton great?

THere is a common denominator with all those players and its peyton.

what has dallas clark, stokely and collie done without peyton? does anyone even know who Blair White is?

they were all extremely productive with peyton... after they left not so much.

Isnt that the argument the brady fans make? after these guys left new england they were non factors?

so why doesn't that argument apply to peyton as well? because you dont want it to? hmm...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, you Peyton homers use all the same excuses.

"Oh, but Peyton never had a defense."
"Peyton made all of those players great, not the other way around."
"Oh my poor wittle, Peytie, oh my God, he never had a head coach, he was the coach."

It gets old, ya know?

Edit: In my head those words were being said by an old Irish woman in a thick Irish accent.

"Oh me poor, poor Peytie."

A Brady apologist talking about "excuses."

I have officially heard it all. :L

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't explain Cassells success when Brady went down?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Decker and DThomas were hightly rated coming into the NFL and just needed a decent QB. Wasn't it DThomas that took that slant from Tebow and blasted 80 yds to upset the Stealers in the WC? :nod:
He was a stud at Gtech and 1st rd baller.

I watched Decker at Minnesota and he was outstanding. Had he not broke his leg, I believe, he's a late
1st rd WR. Denver got a steal. Let's stop with the Manning made these guys. They just needed a very good QB and while Manning is HOF outstanding, Brady has played with less.

Which WR's have the Pats drafted in early rounds to give Brady weapons? I can't remember off hand but there must be a couple out there. :noidea: Do you have a list?

Daniel Graham (1st), Ben Watson (1st), Chad Jackson (2nd).

and so you watching them in college makes them good? Basically you are just building up anyone peyton has played with and trying to make anyone brady ever played with look like a slouch. when in fact, most of hte receivers that have played with either of these QB's struggled after they went elsewhere.

The difference is brady gets all this credit for it, while peyton's receivers that became non-factors are ignored.

btw welker has more TD's this year with peyton than he ever did in a year with brady...

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BF4L, are you busy tonight? Eric and Nipsey are failing miserably and they need someone to pass the "hatred, bitterness and obsession" torch to. Can you help out? :hope:

Nah.

Good win by the Fins. They played very well. If you or anyone had asked me that if the Pats had 4 chances from like the 15 to win the game with a TD I would have said Pats win. Fins played tough at the end of that game and Brady had one really good pass that Armendola or how ever you spell it should have hauled in. He didnt. Fins win.

Great game and fun to watch.

You know I was just bustin on ya about the 6 weeks thing eh?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the point you are making is that Austin Collie who was a STUD with peyton couldn't make a team desparate for wide outs and then is a non-factor for the patriots??

Hmmm.... that seems like its an argument for how good peyton is?

And yea whats wrong with throwing Amendola into the conversation his numbers are no different with Brady than they were with Sam Bradford... why is that?

Yes, Collie had concussions and is WASHED up...Let's being cut by a desperate 9er team and unproductive with the Pats. Are you following? :L It's so frustrating conversing with someone that seems to have just turned on an NFL channel this year.

Stop with Amendola. He's average. Why not follow the years that Brady had leading receivers over a 6 yr stretch.

Can you say Andre Caldwell, TBrown, EGivens and DBranch...From 2001-2006 those receivers led the Pats during one season or more. THose are ALL below avg WR's while Manning was LOADED during that tenure. :nod:

Even RWayne was kickin' it with ALuck. Manning had Wayne and Harrison and could dump it off to Edge or find Ubecht and TE Clark (who had a 100 reception season) because of the safeties having to roll to the WR's leaving a 1 on 1 with LB's.

All I can say is that I really don't think you've disected football for more than 1 or 2 years. I'm sorry to insult you but all I can go by is your conversation. :noidea:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:Just wondering. Why is Peyton Manning being mentioned in this thread. I dont think he plays for the Pats or the Fins.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to have an honest debate: Let's list the things that each does better than the other, regardless of weapons or teams. We can imagine them with the exact same team and offensive scheme. Indoor and outdoor splits.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making you look stupid "failing miserably"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Good win by the Fins. They played very well. If you or anyone had asked me that if the Pats had 4 chances from like the 15 to win the game with a TD I would have said Pats win. Fins played tough at the end of that game and Brady had one really good pass that Armendola or how ever you spell it should have hauled in. He didnt. Fins win.

Great game and fun to watch.

You know I was just bustin on ya about the 6 weeks thing eh?

The pass was to the defender. Right into his hands.

Whatever Brady threw to Amendola, Collie or Edelman they caught. They were carving the field up and marching unimpeded. It wasn't the receivers fault. Why can't you guys just admit when Jesus Chr... errr I mean Tom Brady makes a mistake?! :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:Just wondering. Why is Peyton Manning being mentioned in this thread. I dont think he plays for the Pats or the Fins.

Pretty sure you don't have to ask. Why does Bush get brought up when discussing Obama? Why does Barry Sanders get brought up when discussing Emmitt Smith?

You know the drill.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Graham (1st), Ben Watson (1st), Chad Jackson (2nd).

and so you watching them in college makes them good? Basically you are just building up anyone peyton has played with and trying to make anyone brady ever played with look like a slouch. when in fact, most of hte receivers that have played with either of these QB's struggled after they went elsewhere.

The difference is brady gets all this credit for it, while peyton's receivers that became non-factors are ignored.

btw welker has more TD's this year with peyton than he ever did in a year with brady...

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: 2 TE's and a typical garbage Florida WR? :L

Talk Welker when he twice catches 122+ balls. Again, why do continue to ignore the obvious? :noidea:

It's called DT, Decker, JT. C'mon, man, your corroborating info is :lame:.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear: "Apologies" and "excuses" are being made on behalf of both players. They always will be.

Dude, admit it. There's never been a QB that gets criticized as much as Peyton or one who gets excused more than Brady.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass was to the defender. Right into his hands.

Whatever Brady threw to Amendola, Collie or Edelman they caught. They were carving the field up and marching unimpeded. It wasn't the receivers fault. Why can't you guys just admit when Jesus Chr... errr I mean Tom Brady makes a mistake?! :L

Like I said HD I thought it was a good pass. You may disagree. That is fine.

The fact that it was the only good pass that Brady threw with 4 chances I thought would be enough to explain that Brady did not come through.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making you look stupid "failing miserably"

"I'm in this thread to make intelligent statements to defend my position. I'm not here to chase Hammer around like an obnoxious chihuahua with a bunch of silly little insults."

"Hammer's the one who's obsessed, not me!!!"

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even talking about Utecht? The dude was AWFUL.

So can we just say that after branch left he was "washed up" what about patten and givens?
why do all these excuses work for brady's WR's that struggled after leaving and not for Peytons that sucked after leaving?? Fact is Collie was a MONSTER with peyton and nothing since. He was cleared from the concussions and continued playing. Same with Clark. Same with Blair FREAKING WHITE.

Dallas Clark left and nothing.
Reggie is a stud no question.

WHy should I stop with Amendola? Yea hes average, but why has he been no better with Brady than with Sam Bradford? Or does that not fit into your agenda? I presented a point and all you do is tell me to stop with no counter argument.

WHy does Welker have the most TD's in his career in one year with peyton after all those with Brady?

Oh and hey Mr. Fountain of Knowledge I know so much about the NFL, Andre Caldwell never played for the pats, it was Reche Caldwell. Andre plays for the broncos this year and has 3tds in VERY limited playing time..

i imagine that has more to do with him being fantastic and less with peyton.

clearly i just turned on "the nfl channel" this year. jeepers at least come up with a good insult.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm in this thread to make intelligent statements to defend my position. I'm not here to chase Hammer around like an obnoxious chihuahua with a bunch of silly little insults."

"Hammer's the one who's obsessed, not me!!!"

Poor, HammerDown. "Please say that Tom Brady isn't good! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssseee!!!!"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said HD I thought it was a good pass. You may disagree. That is fine.

The fact that it was the only good pass that Brady threw with 4 chances I thought would be enough to explain that Brady did not come through.

It was 4th down and he had a man in the end zone and had to get rid of it. I didn't notice but if this season has been any indication, he got a major dressing-down from Brady on the way to the bench unless Brady was otherwise occupied with berating the refs.

The reality is that the Dolphins played lock-down D once the Pats got close. I couldn't believe how they were playing man-to-man and not even dropping a safety back. I wouldn't have bet a plugged nickle when it was 1st down that the Dolphins were going to win that game.