• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to debate this with someone so cliche and ill informed. I want to preface my next statement by saying this: I am not excusing any illegal videotaping of signals or practices but...

Cowher, Dungy, Gruden and various other coaches said they did the same things the Pats were doing.

You think Goodell destroyed the evidence because of one team? He destroyed it because he didn't want any evidence that it was happening and was widespread. Just like "BountyGate."

I hate talking to people so unbelievably gullible.

But the fact of the matter was that he was doing it after the league put out a notice....typical Belicheat arrogance. Even worse was the fact that he already had a good team but still did it to put them over the edge.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact of the matter was that he was doing it after the league put out a notice....typical Belicheat arrogance. Even worse was the fact that he already had a good team but still did it to put them over the edge.

1 game after the memo came out and that is why such the big fine and loss of draft pick.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm correcting him in more than one thread. I don't like cowards who just ignore the truth when it's shown to them. But I'm sure he's excited that you think he won the internet today.

Nipsey, you're so hopelessly mindraped I don't think you're going to get a wink of sleep tonight. It's been fascinating to witness the panic and ensuing implosion but you're really starting to get on everyone's nerves.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please show me when that happened. all those teams would have faced the same punishment the pats did

Google it, verbatim and you should be able to find some info. I guess start with Cowher saying he did the same type of stuff, on air. "SpyGate" is "SO 2000 and late."

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game after the memo came out and that is why such the big fine and loss of draft pick.

Perhaps the league knew that he wouldn't stop because of his continued arrogance? If anyone else was doing this after the memo they surely would have been fined as well no? There really is no argument here it just comes down to how it affected their bowl wins in the past which we'll never know...hence the asterisk on them....and rightly so.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the oddest style, BF4L. I've never seen anyone else who has 10,000 posts on a sports board always pull the "bowing out" thing like you do. We're all fans of different teams and players. It's perfectly okay to disagree and debate. If it's not your thing, why come into the thread with a gratuitous jab at me and then when we start talking about the game "bow out?"

Fair point. I did start off with a shitty kinda smart ass post towards you. For that I apologize.

Bottom line in this game as I see it was the Fins played really well and Brady did not come through at the end like he has done many times before.

If this was the NHL board where I am more comfortable cause I know hockey and the NHL much better then I do the NFL I probably would debate further. It is not.

In the end I root for the Pats. They are my home team but in the end I am a casual fan at best. I enjoy watching them and I enjoy watching other games but I am not as passionate as you and others about the NFL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google it, verbatim and you should be able to find some info. I guess start with Cowher saying he did the same type of stuff, on air. "SpyGate" is "SO 2000 and late."

But were these guys saying they did it after the memo and to the extent that Belicheat did...of course not. That's the difference and they were also softening it up a bit as the league was truly embarrassed hence the harsh penalty to not only the patsies but Belicheat.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nipsey, you're so hopelessly mindraped I don't think you're going to get a wink of sleep tonight. It's been fascinating to witness the panic and ensuing implosion but you're really starting to get on everyone's nerves.

How original.

I'm sorry that I pointed out how you were wrong…and I'm sorry for calling you out for ignoring all posts that you can't handle.

You're going to be just fine.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr0qvlgXFDE]Tom Brady - plays - YouTube[/ame]

Brady uses and expletive then drops the mic at :72 into the press conference and walks out.

"Classy"

"Strength of character."

"Veteran leadership."

"Face of the franchise."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez shows emotion?

"He's selfish. Cancer."

Brady shows emotion?

"He's passionate."

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting bunch of snippets hammer, where did you pick up all those quotes? Certainly not from Pats fans.
BTW, Brady did good today against a tough Miami D and almost pulled off a last second win!

Pats D wasn't too bad, but gave up a couple of big plays because of bad tackling. Also, Gost screwed it up today with missed field goal and awful last kick-off that gave the ball to Miami on the 40.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

When the Pats win, Brady gets the credit. When the Pats lose, people blame the defense, kicking game, towel boy, hot dog dude, parking valet, etc.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

When the Pats win, Brady gets the credit. When the Pats lose, people blame the defense, kicking game, towel boy, hot dog dude, parking valet, etc.

Well, there was a dropped TD pass. When Pittsburgh loses, they just lose and not much is made of it. Tomlin has his little speech about how their play was unacceptable and time goes on. He continues to be held unaccountable and you guys love him for it.