• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the debate is over. Tom Brady is the best.

All I have to say is swap Peyton and Brady at the beginning of the season and tell me what their records would be respectively.

Broncos with Brady 15-1
Patriots with Peyton 9-7

Have you ever seen a quarterback do more with less than Tom Brady has done throughout his career?
People bring up moss all the time. He had moss well after his prime for a couple seasons. Has Brady ever had a 6'4" receiver? He never benefited from a Brandon Marshall or Andre Johnson or A.J. Green or Larry Fitzgerald. Has receivers, backs, TE's cycled through lineups year after year. Plays in cold harsh conditions year after year. Has crummy defenses year after year. I think all the arguments against him have been thoroughly rebutted. I'm really interested in hearing someone make a case for Peyton, I don't think it can be done anymore. :noidea:
Tom will do it in Feb SB.. Go Pats...

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Rodgers had less? Yes, his line has been below average, and lately has been awful, but he also has one of the best set of receivers in the NFL.

TBH, this is a fair question, as us Packers fans have been bragging about the receiver corp for a while, but it's mostly been based on potential. Jordy Nelson and James Jones had pretty poor hands up until last year. Greg Jennings was hurt a lot in GB. Jermichael Finley has done nothing more than show flashes of his potential. This is only Randall Cobb's third year, but he's been injured for most of it.

Overall, I feel they have a nice collective group, but Rodgers has never had a Wes Welker or Marvin Harrison or a Rob Gronkowski to throw to.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rodgers had a really good receiving corps for a while. One of the best. He did still play amazingly with a more average receiving corps this year though.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have been on horrible rosters with horrible coaches every year of their career. Fuck this whole "team game" talk. QBs are like boxers without a corner, everything that happens is on them.

Brady singlehandedly won 3 Super Bowls, while Manning only singelhandedly won one. Therefore, Brady > Manning.

what are you talking about?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here I thought that this debate has been over for years.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way man. Peyton is the best. He has 1 whole ring and he beat Rex Grossman for it.

Peyton beat the Bears Defense which was like top 5 that year....It amazes me how fans and media place qb's against each other as if they really were.....Offense against Defense....Defense against Offense...1+1=2....now put the round pegs in the round holes, there you go.....:doh:
Peyton is great with 1 SB , Brady is great with 3 SB's and Marino is great with no SB's.....Grow up folks !!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton beat the Bears Defense which was like top 5 that year....It amazes me how fans and media place qb's against each other as if they really were.....Offense against Defense....Defense against Offense...1+1=2....now put the round pegs in the round holes, there you go.....:doh:
Peyton is great with 1 SB , Brady is great with 3 SB's and Marino is great with no SB's.....Grow up folks !!!!

Damn, Oldschool. You ruined my day.

I read this stupid effin thread only to hear you talk about Joe Flaccid....

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season pretty much sums up the entire debate. Peyton has outplayed Brady significantly but their teams have the same records so Brady is better for some illogical reason.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Oldschool. You ruined my day.

I read this stupid effin thread only to hear you talk about Joe Flaccid....

Dagnabbit !!!!!.....Did I forget to mention that Joe is great with 1 SB because he beat both of them last year in the playoffs in their house in the cold as underdogs on his way to the SB MVP and he got the 'Vette.....
There you go South.......:rockon::rockon::rockon:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate will never end. So expect many more threads on the subject.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO That's funny. Does Brady make people around him better? YES. Is he good? Yes again.

Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, Randy Moss all in their prime? This year he has the least amount of talent around him, but overall the guy has had weapons at WR and always has a few good RBs as well.

Meh..I can let the Moss in his prime remark slide even though it was at the end of his career..but the "Brandon Lloyd in his prime" ...well you lose all credibility with that remark! :wtf2:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you crucifying?

This thread could be made a screenplay, with some JC Superstar background music.
Who is the guilty devil of sorts?

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Choke again.

Right! Because leading your team back to Super Bowl leads not one time but two times in two different SB's with under 5 minutes left to play.. only to go sit and watch your defense gag that lead away in both games is Brady choking.

:wtf2: Is this your first year of actually understanding football?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the JC clip:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVh3y_FH4A]Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) - Heaven On Their Minds - YouTube[/ame]

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the debate was over, why are we still debating? Truth is, you guys know deep down that Peyton is better, so you spend all your time defending your beloved Tom in these debate threads. Don't get me wrong, Brady is amazing, but Peyton is better. You know, I know it, we all know it. You just refuse to admit it. And always will. But honestly, if there is no debate, why are you here posting and debating it? You contradict yourselves.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the debate was over, why are we still debating? Truth is, you guys know deep down that Peyton is better, so you spend all your time defending your beloved Tom in these debate threads. Don't get me wrong, Brady is amazing, but Peyton is better. You know, I know it, we all know it. You just refuse to admit it. And always will. But honestly, if there is no debate, why are you here posting and debating it? You contradict yourselves.

And you are doing what, telling people what they are doing, what are you doing?