• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JesusBrady%204.gif

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady vs Manning... it just never gets tired.

deadhorse.gif

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is swap Peyton and Brady at the beginning of the season and tell me what their records would be respectively.

Broncos with Brady 15-1
Patriots with Peyton 9-7

Have you ever seen a quarterback do more with less than Tom Brady has done throughout his career?
People bring up moss all the time. He had moss well after his prime for a couple seasons. Has Brady ever had a 6'4" receiver? He never benefited from a Brandon Marshall or Andre Johnson or A.J. Green or Larry Fitzgerald. Has receivers, backs, TE's cycled through lineups year after year. Plays in cold harsh conditions year after year. Has crummy defenses year after year. I think all the arguments against him have been thoroughly rebutted. I'm really interested in hearing someone make a case for Peyton, I don't think it can be done anymore. :noidea:

He had one of the greatest receivers the game has ever seen in the prime of their career, some unknown guy named randy moss. Sure it wasn't a very long time but to say he's NEVER had a guy like that is false..

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one of the greatest receivers the game has ever seen in the prime of their career, some unknown guy named randy moss. Sure it wasn't a very long time but to say he's NEVER had a guy like that is false..

Who would that be? Moss was not in his prime in NE you do realize that was pretty much the end of Randy's career. And Tom had him for two years. But I agree Moss was the best WR ever, and it's just my opinion.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I can't wait for these two to retire so we can stop talking about them. Pats. Den, Indy should be happy to have QB's like these 2. Both #1 in my book.....

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I can't wait for these two to retire so we can stop talking about them. Pats. Den, Indy should be happy to have QB's like these 2. Both #1 in my book.....

You still see Barry vs Emmitt arguments and Barry, at least, has been retired for 15 years.... and I agree both Brady & Manning are top 5 all time. I have my favorite, but that's all it is. There's no way to know how Peyton would have done with Tom's or vice-versa.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been doin it since he became a starter. ''WINNING'' Nothing against Peyton.. I hope the Pats make it to the SB in Feb 2014. That'd be fuckin great...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still see Barry vs Emmitt arguments and Barry, at least, has been retired for 15 years.... and I agree they're both top 5 all time. I have my favorite, but that's all it is. There's no way to know how Peyton would have done with Tom's or vice-versa.

Both arguments are old and stale.

And most people that you see making the Barry vs Emmitt debate dont know WTF they're talking about.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
both are great QBs, football is a team sport, one QB has more championships,end of story, carry on))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would that be? Moss was not in his prime in NE you do realize that was pretty much the end of Randy's career. And Tom had him for two years. But I agree Moss was the best WR ever, and it's just my opinion.

so, what you're saying is that Brady killed Moss' career?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
both are great QBs, football is a team sport, one QB has more championships,end of story, carry on))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Both have been on horrible rosters with horrible coaches every year of their career. Fuck this whole "team game" talk. QBs are like boxers without a corner, everything that happens is on them.

Brady singlehandedly won 3 Super Bowls, while Manning only singelhandedly won one. Therefore, Brady > Manning.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this argument is odd because if I tried to make the argument that Dan Marino was better than John Elway Id get crucified by most despite the fact Marinos career numbers are superior to Elways in almost all categories of relevance. The reason Id get crucified is because Elway won rings and that ends the debate in almost every scenario. Yet we continue to argue about the 2 greatest QBs of our generation and for some reason the fact Brady has won 3 rings while Manning has only won 1 becomes irrelevant in ONLY this situation.... Why is that??? Marino has a better completion %, more yards, a better ypa, more TD's, a better QB rating yet Elway is largely deemed better by virtue of having 2 more rings. Yet Brady has 2 more than Manning and their numbers are MUCH closer than Elways are to Marinos.... Anyone care to explain to me why we give Manning a pass on this argument when we dont do that for any other of the great QB's???

So nobody cares to answer this ^^^^??? Weird.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Marino>Elway

True. Elway was actually below the NFL average in passer rating, YPA & completion percentage over his career. One of the most overrated players in the history of the NFL. Still great but not one of the all-time greats.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prime of his career? He was washed up when he went to New England. Nobody wanted him. It probably just seemed like his prime because he had Brady throwing him the rock. He was old as dirt when they took a chance on him.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. Peyton is funnier. If I was making a comedy, he would be in over TB!!!

nicecatchp1.gif

Peyton_Manning_SNL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this argument is odd because if I tried to make the argument that Dan Marino was better than John Elway Id get crucified by most despite the fact Marinos career numbers are superior to Elways in almost all categories of relevance. The reason Id get crucified is because Elway won rings and that ends the debate in almost every scenario. Yet we continue to argue about the 2 greatest QBs of our generation and for some reason the fact Brady has won 3 rings while Manning has only won 1 becomes irrelevant in ONLY this situation.... Why is that??? Marino has a better completion %, more yards, a better ypa, more TD's, a better QB rating yet Elway is largely deemed better by virtue of having 2 more rings. Yet Brady has 2 more than Manning and their numbers are MUCH closer than Elways are to Marinos.... Anyone care to explain to me why we give Manning a pass on this argument when we dont do that for any other of the great QB's???

Who cares? Same with Manning and Brady. It is subjective with no right answer. All of them are/were great QBs that most teams would love to have. Beyond that the debate is pointless you will never convince everyone that one or the other is the best QB.