• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People simply don't realize how good Troy Aikman really was. If Brady had to endure the hits Aikman took he would have been out of the league after two years tops. Aikman was one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen. He could put the ball where he wanted it with ease. I've seen Tom Brady just throw the ball at his feet to avoid a hit. He hasn't had to take to many of them. Guess what he's no different from any other QB in the league. When he gets rushed he goes down or backs away to.

I love how retired players become better every year. "Troy Aikman was 7 feet tall, he consumed the opponents with fireballs from his eyes and threw bombs like lightning bolts from his arse"

There is a 30 For 30 on about the Cowboys O-line from Aikman's time, that's how good they were. Brady would have done just fine behind that line, especially with the weapons on that team at the time. They might have won 4 SB's instead of 3.

Brady throws the ball at feet of receivers because he is smart, getting hit isn't smart. That being said, Brady stays in that pocket and takes the hit to make a pass as good as anyone ever. Much like Marino and Manning.

There also seems to be this thing where people think Brady and Manning aren't tough. They are both as tough as they come IMO. Both play hurt consistently and both have only ever missed time once in their careers. Getting hit and getting hurt doesn't make you tougher, it makes you more stupid.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how retired players become better every year. "Troy Aikman was 7 feet tall, he consumed the opponents with fireballs from his eyes and threw bombs like lightning bolts from his arse"

There is a 30 For 30 on about the Cowboys O-line from Aikman's time, that's how good they were. Brady would have done just fine behind that line, especially with the weapons on that team at the time. They might have won 4 SB's instead of 3.

Brady throws the ball at feet of receivers because he is smart, getting hit isn't smart. That being said, Brady stays in that pocket and takes the hit to make a pass as good as anyone ever. Much like Marino and Manning.

There also seems to be this thing where people think Brady and Manning aren't tough. They are both as tough as they come IMO. Both play hurt consistently and both have only ever missed time once in their careers. Getting hit and getting hurt doesn't make you tougher, it makes you more stupid.

You must have missed Aikman's first two years in the league when he was on his back a ton. Or the fact that he retired due to concussion issues. No Brady throws the ball away whenever he gets rushed. If he doesn't have 5 to 6 seconds to throw the ball he has a hissy fit at his offensive line.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed Aikman's first two years in the league when he was on his back a ton. Or the fact that he retired due to concussion issues. No Brady throws the ball away whenever he gets rushed. If he doesn't have 5 to 6 seconds to throw the ball he has a hissy fit at his offensive line.

Nope, I was here, and Aikman had it tough at first but many QB's today have it tougher than he ever did. Aikman was sacked 58 times his first 2 years, a decent amount. Brady was sacked 72 his first two years starting. So, yes, I think Brady would have been just fine. Infact, in all likelihood, Brady will be sacked more this year than Aikman ever was in a single season. The guys today are much bigger than 20 years ago. He would have survived and then flourished with that Cowboy team without question.

I'm not sure what games you watch, but what makes Brady and Manning the best is the fact they get rid of the ball fast. Brady doesn't need 5 seconds often, but if he gets time he uses it. I've seen a lot of Patriot games this year and I've seen Brady get hit immediately more than him having a lot of time. Both Brady and Manning always seem to have great O-lines, well they are a big factor why. I could be wrong but didn't the Patriots O-line give up the most sacks the year Brady was injured?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, this is a fair question, as us Packers fans have been bragging about the receiver corp for a while, but it's mostly been based on potential. Jordy Nelson and James Jones had pretty poor hands up until last year. Greg Jennings was hurt a lot in GB. Jermichael Finley has done nothing more than show flashes of his potential. This is only Randall Cobb's third year, but he's been injured for most of it.

Overall, I feel they have a nice collective group, but Rodgers has never had a Wes Welker or Marvin Harrison or a Rob Gronkowski to throw to.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Rodgers, I think he's pretty clearly the best in the NFL right now. And I think when all is said and done him and Jordy will be on the level of Peyton/Harrison

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to take anything away from Rodgers, I think he's pretty clearly the best in the NFL right now. And I think when all is said and done him and Jordy will be on the level of Peyton/Harrison

Do you mean stat wise or just being in sync wise?

By the way every time I see that avatar I always chuckle. :10:

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one of the greatest receivers the game has ever seen in the prime of their career, some unknown guy named randy moss. Sure it wasn't a very long time but to say he's NEVER had a guy like that is false..

:L

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tom brady is the biggest fraud in sports.

NEVER been the best QB in the league.

ZERO SB Titles without the SpyGate.

he's a cheater and a disgrace to the NFL, and humanity.

Well, PATSOX…looks like it was topped. He topped it himself! :laugh3:

Never underestimate the dumb in a dum dum.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning still the best of this generation.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, talk about beating a dead horse....

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody cares to answer this ^^^^??? Weird.

I think most rate Marino > Elway. :noidea: I think Marino was better. Marino never had a running game and rarely had much of a defense. The whole rings argument is unfair anyway. In Elway's defense he had neither a running game nor much in the way of receivers until Sharp & then Davis showed up and he still dragged them to 3 SBs.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without the advantage of spygate brady has accomplished nothing next to manning.

BTW, Austin Collie brady's THIRD WR today had outrageous numbers with peyton. So stop all this brady doesn't have weapons bullshit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Will that last INT (thrown directly into the hands of the defender) drop Brady below even the mediocre, middle-of-the-pack, pedestrian level he's playing at this season? Should put him firmly somewhere well behind Sam Bradford around 16th maybe?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is running out of excuses. It's time to perform or walk away from the game.

Ryan Tannehill > Tom Brady

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....Hammer your obsession with Brady is funny!! You troll him more than NE fans do...

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO

however im convinced BB is the greatest coach ever.

Peyton Manning in the greatest QB ever to lace them up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....Hammer your obsession with Brady is funny!! You troll him more than NE fans do...

"hatred, bitterness and obsession"

Same tune every single Patriots loss.

Get new material, guys. If you're going to talk nonstop shit, grow a pair and be prepared to take 10% of what you dish out without panicking. As a friend, it makes you look pretty bad.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO

however im convinced BB is the greatest coach ever.

Peyton Manning in the greatest QB ever to lace them up.

Who was that guy on the sidelines for the Pats today wearing a clean (not a single stain), pressed shirt? He looked like a coach. :noidea:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is "The debate is over. Tom Brady is the best."

It's nine pages long full of every reason in the world why Tom Brady is the greatest and every excuse why his failings are someone else's fault.

Brady just had yet another subpar performance.

I enter thread.

"You're obsessed." - Brady fans

Just wow. :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Will that last INT (thrown directly into the hands of the defender) drop Brady below even the mediocre, middle-of-the-pack, pedestrian level he's playing at this season? Should put him firmly somewhere well behind Sam Bradford around 16th maybe?

dh8gy8.gif