• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these Brady knob-slobbers are ignoring hockey878. If I said it, they'd be flippin' the fuck out and spilling their Official Tom Brady Flavor Kool-Aid sippy-cups.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced no matter what anyone says, they are wrong in your book. So here is the answer you are looking for:

Brady sucks, he is the worse QB in the NFL today. If it was not for his Def and playing the worse 6 teams in the NFL, they would be 0-8. It is not his WR fault, its is all on him.

I never said he was the worst QB in the NFL today. I'd take him over Christian Ponder, Geno Smith and Josh Freeman. And the numbers prove me right.

There's only one problem with the whole "he's a game manager" theory. He sucks this season managing games and if you'd been watching the games like everyone else, and not with Tom Brady colored glasses on, you'd see that. It's painfully obvious. The Patriots are winning in spite of Tom Brady because they're playing terrible teams. They have the lowest SOC in the league so far and like someone else said, in any other division, they're 1-7 or 2-6 right now.

They'll get a playoff spot due to sheer attrition but can't/won't win a playoff game with Brady at QB unless he turns his game around and starts playing much better.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was the worst QB in the NFL today. I'd take him over Christian Ponder, Geno Smith and Josh Freeman. And the numbers prove me right.

There's only one problem with the whole "he's a game manager" theory. He sucks this season managing games and if you'd been watching the games like everyone else, and not with Tom Brady colored glasses on, you'd see that. It's painfully obvious. The Patriots are winning in spite of Tom Brady because they're planning terrible teams. They have the lowest SOC in the league so far and like someone else said, in any other division, they're 1-7 or 2-6 right now.

They'll get a playoff spot due to sheer attrition but can't/won't win a playoff game with Brady at QB unless he turns his game around and starts playing much better.

I agree 100%.....I do not wear TB glasses....trust me!

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton with Reggie, Blair WHite, Austin COllie, and Jacob Tamme, worst running game in the NFL.

"He has so many great weapons"

Brady with Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Collie, Dobson, Thompkins, solid running game.

"He is doing what he can with what he has"

We are talking about this yr...so I thought??? Lets compare weapons this yr....Reggie was a top 10 WR that yr, where is TB top 100?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think this is one of the best jobs he has ever done. To have that team at 6-2 when his best receivers are Julian Edelman ( a 3rd or 4th WR really) and a guy that no one had even heard of before the season ( Thompkins) AND to do it without a really good RB is pretty amazing.

I'm convinced that the one posting under your name is the one in the photo with the long blond hair and bright printed dress.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that the one posting under your name is the one in the photo with the long blond hair and bright printed dress.

LOL man. We just value different things like I said. I dont give a fuck about stats. I care about wins and teams dont win consistently unless they have a good QB in the NFL, even if their defense is great. Its cool to disagree, we dont have to have the same definition of what makes a good season. Sam Bradford and Tony Romo have better numbers than all but about 5 Qb's in the league this year and I doubt anyone would say they are having a good year. Conversely Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick have very pedestrian numbers but their teams are 8-0 and 6-2. Ill take that every day. You only have so many Peytons, Breeses, Rodgers etc

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL man. We just value different things like I said. I dont give a fuck about stats. I care about wins and teams dont win consistently unless they have a good QB in the NFL, even if their defense is great. Its cool to disagree, we dont have to have the same definition of what makes a good season. Sam Bradford and Tony Romo have better numbers than all but about 5 Qb's in the league this year and I doubt anyone would say they are having a good year. Conversely Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick have very pedestrian numbers but their teams are 8-0 and 6-2. Ill take that every day. You only have so many Peytons, Breeses, Rodgers etc

What you're saying is totally illogical. On one hand you're saying numbers don't mean shit, then you're saying QBs with below-average numbers are single-handedly winning games for their teams.

So just how exactly is Brady doing this? Please explain.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're saying is totally illogical. On one hand you're saying numbers don't mean shit, then you're saying QBs with below-average numbers are single-handedly winning games for their teams.

So just how exactly is Brady doing this? Please explain.

Show me one time I ever said Brady is winning games by himself. Ill wait. OK Ill save you the time. Never said it. I said hes doing one of his best jobs. Not having his best season or having his best performance. His JOB is to win and he is doing that with a team ( on offense ) that is substandard. Why is that controversial??? Does anyone really think Edelman, Thompkins and Ridley are top tier or even middle tier starters for most other NFL teams??? Jeez man I didnt think I was being difficult at all on this thread.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one time I ever said Brady is winning games by himself. Ill wait. OK Ill save you the time. Never said it. I said hes doing one of his best jobs. Not having his best season or having his best performance. His JOB is to win and he is doing that with a team ( on offense ) that is substandard. Why is that controversial??? Does anyone really think Edelman, Thompkins and Ridley are top tier or even middle tier starters for most other NFL teams??? Jeez man I didnt think I was being difficult at all on this thread.

See, now you're starting to squirm.

Is Brady winning games or not? Yes or no? You can't have it both ways.

He's the 27th ranked QB in the league but you keep up with this esoteric bullshit about how valuable he is. He's a terrible passer (just about the worst and the numbers prove it) and he's mismanaging games when it counts.

What exactly makes Brady so great this season in your opinion?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about this yr...so I thought??? Lets compare weapons this yr....Reggie was a top 10 WR that yr, where is TB top 100?

there is this guy named rob gronkowski.... since he has been back brady has looked no better in fact, worse probably. Brady also has a MUCH better run game and a MUCH more reliable defense than peyton did that year.

Im just saying, peyton was in a WORSE situation in 2010 and no one was singing his praises about he had no talent to help him out. The guy played with little to no feeling in his throwing arm and played better than brady has this year.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now you're starting to squirm.

Is Brady winning games or not? Yes or no? You can't have it both ways.

He's the 27th ranked QB in the league but you keep up with this esoteric bullshit about how valuable he is. He's a terrible passer (just about the worst and the numbers prove it) and he's mismanaging games when it counts.

What exactly makes Brady so great this season in your opinion?

the same thing that made brady great when he won superbowls... a reliable solid defense.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do actually think Brady is one of the top quarterbacks of all-time. That said, this is probably the first season he's had to deal with a lot of real adversity and he's not handling it very well. When looking at his body of work, I don't think it's meaningless that he has only been TOP FIVE in passer rating a meager 3 times during his entire career. Rodgers has been top 5 four times in only 5 seasons (#6 his first year starting) and Peyton pretty much always is.

You could say he plays well in the playoffs because of the early Super Bowl wins, but he's actually similar to Peyton in that they both underachieve slightly in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, and it did for both Brady and Peyton, and even Rodgers.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<yawn>

yea i guess it was the defense that beat the 6-1 saints in the final seconds.

you guys fail to realize the bills, yets, and fish *hate* us and play 150% harder against us than anyone else. they rush and blitz brady like hes pamala anderson lying down spreading her legs. combine this with a totally new crew of recieving options which arent exactly *elite* and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out whats happening. shit the yets beat us back when we had moss and welker, stymied the shit out of our o. its not easy to beat a team that is gunning for you if you dont match their intensity. look at flipping seattle against the rams. how do you explain that? the hawks are clearly superior but the rams were out for blood. well the pats get these blood games way more than anyone else. shit the detroit lions played their preseason game against the pats this year like it was the sb. no joke. this is the reason brady isnt his usual self, hes got teams gunning for him and completly new recievers. he needs some more time to get comfortable with everyone.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<yawn>

you guys fail to realize the bills, yets, and fish *hate* us and play 150% harder against us than anyone else. they rush and blitz brady like hes pamala anderson lying down spreading her legs. combine this with a totally new crew of recieving options which arent exactly *elite* and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out whats happening. shit the yets beat us back when we had moss and welker, stymied the shit out of our o. its not easy to beat a team that is gunning for you if you dont match their intensity. look at flipping seattle against the rams. how do you explain that? the hawks are clearly superior but the rams were out for blood. well the pats get these blood games way more than anyone else. shit the detroit lions played their preseason game against the pats this year like it was the sb. no joke. this is the reason brady isnt his usual self, hes got teams gunning for him and completly new recievers. he needs some more time to get comfortable with everyone.

The Packers are the Super Bowl to all NFC North teams and Rodgers has done more with less against division rivals, and they're better teams than Brady is playing against in the AFC East. Stop with the excuses. Brady IS NOT PLAYING WELL this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<yawn>

You say this crap about every team that plays the patriots...news flash they are not as popular as you would like them to be. Yes teams try hard against them but Brady has done just fine against that in the past. What is so different about this year? He has had new weapons before and done just fine. The defense is the only thing keeping them in most games this year. One big throw against the saints does not make him elite. He missed routine throws throughout that and other games all year this year that he has almost always made before