• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS some of you know, I am not a big Brady fan at all, and never really have been. I always thought he was over rated and his SB wins were because of his Def, and I am fine with that. He made the plays he needed to to get them in a position to win. I have always said he cannot throw the long ball, he does not have a very strong arm if you ask me. This yr he has been terrible, period, plain and simple. I knew he would decline this yr, but did not see him falling off the cliff. Sure his WR run bad routes, or they are not where they are suppose to be and even drop the ball. There have been plenty of time the WR were where they needed to be and he flat out missed them!! Balls thrown low, high or picked off, dropping snaps on 4th and 1. His actions on the field this yr, are pretty shitty in terms of the way he acts. So yes, Brady sucks this yr compared to other yrs. Season is not over, so he can improve. However, I think his arm is shot.....Can't be good for ever....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure and I didnt say Brady was top 5 this year. I said I thought it was one of the best jobs he had done in NE. Doesnt mean its his best season, it means he is doing more with less than he has had to in the past...

I guess I just don't know how you arrive at that conclusion that this is his best season though. I understand having a bunch of new players plays into his stats being down but he has had no name receivers before and still done very well even stats wise. Peyton before has had no name receivers and done just fine. Rodgers this year has guys going down left and right and still keeps putting up great numbers. I don't think Brady should get a full pass just because he is playing with a bunch of new guys. He has been off target more than any other quarterback in the NFL and that cannot all just be blamed on the new guys. There are throws he is 5-10 yards off and that just doesn't happen very often with great quarterbacks. Something isn't quite the same with Brady this year whether he is trying to force things because of the new guys or what I don't know but something seems off with him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best season was 2010. Welker, two rookie tight ends, then no one and 36-4. This year certainly doesn't compare to that.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure and I didnt say Brady was top 5 this year. I said I thought it was one of the best jobs he had done in NE. Doesnt mean its his best season, it means he is doing more with less than he has had to in the past...

I think the truth is that he is doing less with less...just as it looks...there is no secret here, obviously it is not the offense keeping them in games. And to say that this is one of his better performances is just downright ridiculous. Brady has frankly been less good than he has ever been. A spade is a spade mistah....belichick and the rest of the team have been covering for the offense so far and I dont see that need changing anytime soon. I said at the beginning of the season that Belichick had gone too far this time banishing good players, he's propped it up ok so far, but at the expense of a productive offense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Tom Brady the Patriots will have not won a single game this year.

So the 27th best (or is that worst?) QB in the league single-handedly won six games? Riiiight. :L

What about the two losses?

"Had nothing to do with Brady."

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, fellas. ESPN is serving it in 64 oz. Big Gulp cups. Anyone need more?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the truth is that he is doing less with less...just as it looks...there is no secret here, obviously it is not the offense keeping them in games. And to say that this is one of his better performances is just downright ridiculous. Brady has frankly been less good than he has ever been. A spade is a spade mistah....belichick and the rest of the team have been covering for the offense so far and I dont see that need changing anytime soon. I said at the beginning of the season that Belichick had gone too far this time banishing good players, he's propped it up ok so far, but at the expense of a productive offense.

Not what I said. Said best job, as in managing game situations and getting wins. Best performance is something different.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton with Reggie, Blair WHite, Austin COllie, and Jacob Tamme, worst running game in the NFL.

"He has so many great weapons"

Brady with Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Collie, Dobson, Thompkins, solid running game.

"He is doing what he can with what he has"

Every WR that has ever played significant time with Peyton has produced. ANd many have struggled after they left. (Dallas Clark, Collie, White, Garcon). Guess who was also a no-name coming into this year? Julius Thomas! Now suddenly people rave about him being so good. Weird how that works! Last year Stokley was as stud. The years before that he was a bench warmer.

OH and not to mention peyton had nerve damage and had limited feeling in his throwing arm.

Why can't brady do the same?

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Mr mojo said it best football is a team sport and QB's don't, by theirselves, win or lose games. Football indeed is a complete team effort. QB's only orchestrate the offense and how well that ochestration works helps determine whether his team wins or loses.

There are QB's in the league that put up much better passing numbers than Brady. In fact, so many that I don't want to take the time to list them. However, their are none that can orchestrate their team offense as well with as little as Brady has to work with. He knows exactly what he has to work with and how to utilize them. He's a maestro when it comes to calling plays and running the offense. The execution isn't always there but no one orchestrates any other teams offense better. I believe there is only one other QB who could have given this Patriots team, the way it is, a 6-2 record and that's Aaron Rogers. The guys a leader and a winner. To prove my point Brady has helped the Patriots, with both good and bad defenses, win more games than any team has won since he's come into the NFL.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 27th best (or is that worst?) QB in the league single-handedly won six games? Riiiight. :L

What about the two losses?

"Had nothing to do with Brady."

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, fellas. ESPN is serving it in 64 oz. Big Gulp cups. Anyone need more?

I am convinced no matter what anyone says, they are wrong in your book. So here is the answer you are looking for:

Brady sucks, he is the worse QB in the NFL today. If it was not for his Def and playing the worse 6 teams in the NFL, they would be 0-8. It is not his WR fault, its is all on him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole argument really just depends on what you value. If you value stats and numbers then Brady is having a bad year. If you value wins and being clutch then he is having a good year. There are like 6 or 7 guys in the league putting up great numbers and winning, there are guys putting up better numbers than Brady whos team cant win a damn thing and their are guys like Brady ( Alex Smith, Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick) who have thrown 9 or 10 TD's but their teams are hugely successful. Winning gets done alot of different ways but its still the most important thing. Why dont you ask the fans of Carolina, Dallas, Atlanta and St Louis if they would rather be 6-2 or have their QBs have the numbers they have because ALL those guys have better numbers than Brady, Smith, Luck and Kaepernick.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton with Reggie, Blair WHite, Austin COllie, and Jacob Tamme, worst running game in the NFL.

"He has so many great weapons"

Brady with Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Collie, Dobson, Thompkins, solid running game.

"He is doing what he can with what he has"

:lol::10: