• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this YEAR, Tom brady is not a top 5 QB. Heck, he's not even Top 10.

I'd trade Schaub for him and the Jags would probably trade Gabbert for him. In any other division the Pats are 1-7 because of Brady's play.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this might come off as shocking to all the other members that know me from the site i came here from

1) Brady
2) Manning (peyton)
3) Luck
4) RW3
5) Breesus

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my View on Brady has not changed.

I don't blame Brady for their record. I blame dobson and Tompkins. They had no WR core

Edelmen is Meh
Admondola only got paid bc he was the only half decent Wr in St. Louis

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only one in this thread that can't seem to understand that we're talking about this season. Maybe Hammer is right about you.

I realize we are talking about this season. Brady's performance certainly hasn't been up to snuff thus far, partially because of the lack of experience at WR and no Gronk.

I actually view this thread as just another chance for Brady haters to do their bashing. Some of these posters would bash him if he was having a great year. Brady and Tony Romo are targeted for abuse the most. So this was just another opportunity for some, like hammerdiown, to take their shots.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady and the Patriots are 6-2 and lead their division. I don't even know who their WR's are. How this translates to brady sucking is beyond me.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this might come off as shocking to all the other members that know me from the site i came here from

1) Brady
2) Manning (peyton)
3) Luck
4) RW3
5) Breesus

4) RW3 :laugh3:

Thats a good one dude.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize we are talking about this season. Brady's performance certainly hasn't been up to snuff thus far, partially because of the lack of experience at WR and no Gronk.

I actually view this thread as just another chance for Brady haters to do their bashing. Some of these posters would bash him if he was having a great year. Brady and Tony Romo are targeted for abuse the most. So this was just another opportunity for some, like hammerdiown, to take their shots.

Then why are you so torn up about it?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady and the Patriots are 6-2 and lead their division. I don't even know who their WR's are. How this translates to brady sucking is beyond me.

Not that I completely disagree with you but does winning in football really mean a quarterback is good? I mean if that is the case then shouldn't Alex Smith be on the top of every list in football when it comes to quarterbacks because he has been the winningest quarterback in the NFL over the last couple of years.

I guess I always thought a quarterback gets too much credit in a win and too much blame in a loss. For Brady this year he happens to be on a team that is ranked top 5 on defense in points allowed. Now I will say the Patriots offense seems to be getting better which is expected considering all of the young guys on the team and Gronk coming back but I would say in reality I don't know how much Brady really had to do with that 6-2 record to start the season this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of who his rb's and receivers are, the point was made that he has only 9 touchdowns on the season. Either you are convinced that 9 touchdowns are typically enough to win 6 games in this league , or the obvious answer is that the New England defense/ST have been the units that have kept them in/won them games, which has nothing to do with Tom Brady.

Ironically the combined record of NFL QB's this year that have exactly 9 TD passes to their credit for the year is 22-9. LOL. Thats a weird stat. Obviously NE's D has had something to do with it. You dont have a winning record in this league without being good on both sides of the ball but Brady has made plays when he needed to and his team is 6-2 with a bunch of leftovers at skill positions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically the combined record of NFL QB's this year that have exactly 9 TD passes to their credit for the year is 22-9. LOL. Thats a weird stat. Obviously NE's D has had something to do with it. You dont have a winning record in this league without being good on both sides of the ball but Brady has made plays when he needed to and his team is 6-2 with a bunch of leftovers at skill positions.

3 of those 4 quarterbacks have a defense in the top 7 in points per game. The one that doesn't is 2-6 right now so yes all of those players have benefited from having a great defense.

Now of the top 5 quarterbacks in touchdowns this season only one of them is not leading their division as a team. So I would say those 5 quarterbacks have had a lot more of an impact on their team's success than those with 9 at this point.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess because in most instances people want to argue stats and only stats, it's almost as if they don't realize football is a team sport. Can't tell you how many times I have argued that Brady never won a superbowl people still don't get it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me where you see me torn up about anything. Just stating my opinion like the rest of you.

You're attacking me in literally every post. And everyone sees it. What's next, Bulldog? You gonna call me a "stupid stupid-head?" :rollseyes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of those 4 quarterbacks have a defense in the top 7 in points per game. The one that doesn't is 2-6 right now so yes all of those players have benefited from having a great defense.

Now of the top 5 quarterbacks in touchdowns this season only one of them is not leading their division as a team. So I would say those 5 quarterbacks have had a lot more of an impact on their team's success than those with 9 at this point.

Well sure and I didnt say Brady was top 5 this year. I said I thought it was one of the best jobs he had done in NE. Doesnt mean its his best season, it means he is doing more with less than he has had to in the past...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00