• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season manning has outplayed Brady. I am not disputing this.

But yes, it is true. I have not done the numbers including this year (I welcome anyone to compile them and show me how much they alter them), but per game prior to this season:

Regular season:
136-40(.773) average game - 21.4/33.6 253 1.89 TD .69 INT
Post season:
17-7 (.708) average game - 23/37 248 1.75 TD .91 INT

Peyton:
Regular season:
154-69(.691) average game - 22.6/34.7 265 1.95 TD .93 INT
Post season:
9-11 (.450) average game - 24/38 283 1.6TD 1.05 INT

The "Manning puts up better numbers" argument doesn't play out. This year, yes, manning is playing at a higher level. I expect the games head to head to look like the past head to head matchups and be highly competitive, but unless the patriots win the Super Bowl (which looking at surrounding casts would clearly mean Brady had to carry them IMO), I will not argue that Manning has been better than Brady this season. But counting either of these guys out or done is nuts. People did it with Peyton after his neck injury (although Indy made the right choice), and some of you are doing it now after half a season where Brady hasn't put up numbers, but has made enough plays to have his team 6-2. Half a season with young guys in a gameplan involving forcing extra balls to them to really toss them into the fire isn't enough of a sample size to outweigh what he has done over his career.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rate him :10:

lol

He has not been his pinpoint self this year I admit. He is still a damn good QB though especially considering the receiving corps he is operating with.

6-2 aint bad.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is playing poorly this year. Anyone not in denial can see that.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah hammerdown, I almost forgot to apologize for calling Eli Manning a Jackass. Sometimes things just leak out of me, like the truth.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other QB you've listed has played MUCH better than Brady. Its an insult to them to put him in the same category.

Oh, they have for sure...I'm not arguing that. I just think his track record means something, so that's why I included him.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen all of their games this year but from what I've seen Brady is throwing A LOT of bad passes in games. Somethings up with him this year and it isn't just the WRs.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

hTXXRdy.gif

:lol:Great pic, where can I get one the those for the TV room?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen all of their games this year but from what I've seen Brady is throwing A LOT of bad passes in games. Somethings up with him this year and it isn't just the WRs.

Nobody can argue with that and Pats fans have said it repeatedly. But the truth is overall he continues to instill a winner attitude in the team and it shows on defense, they have saved us in several games.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... but... but... what about Brady's "intangibles?" :noidea:

One of his key intangibles is leadership. Hard as you may try, there is no denying that.
:doh:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think this is one of the best jobs he has ever done. To have that team at 6-2 when his best receivers are Julian Edelman ( a 3rd or 4th WR really) and a guy that no one had even heard of before the season ( Thompkins) AND to do it without a really good RB is pretty amazing.

regardless of who his rb's and receivers are, the point was made that he has only 9 touchdowns on the season. Either you are convinced that 9 touchdowns are typically enough to win 6 games in this league , or the obvious answer is that the New England defense/ST have been the units that have kept them in/won them games, which has nothing to do with Tom Brady.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, but that is a spur of the moment reaction by a disgruntled player at that moment. Got any clips of the good times when Brady is motivating players?
:yahoo:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of who his rb's and receivers are, the point was made that he has only 9 touchdowns on the season. Either you are convinced that 9 touchdowns are typically enough to win 6 games in this league , or the obvious answer is that the New England defense/ST have been the units that have kept them in/won them games, which has nothing to do with Tom Brady.

Hmm, I don't think anyone is saying his numbers are great this year. In fact, they are horrible. However, I put into consideration that he has influence on the D and STs because they trust their leader. In a nutshell, that is the QBs job. I will further push the envelope to say that if we had another QB taking the snaps we could easily be 2-6 or 3-5 right now.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I don't think anyone is saying his numbers are great this year. In fact, they are horrible. However, I put into consideration that he has influence on the D and STs because they trust their leader. In a nutshell, that is the QBs job. I will further push the envelope to say that if we had another QB taking the snaps we could easily be 2-6 or 3-5 right now.

I agree with everything You just said...it wasnt your post I was responding to....it was that rmilia kid that gives credit for NE's record entirely to Brady.. I'm not a Brady hater in any sense, but I dont think he is the one that has saved your collective arses this season. In fact I think this is where the onus has to be going to Belichick.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything You just said...it wasnt your post I was responding to....it was that rmilia kid that gives credit for NE's record entirely to Brady.. I'm not a Brady hater in any sense, but I dont think he is the one that has saved your collective arses this season. In fact I think this is where the onus has to be going to Belichick.

Thanks. I enjoy your posts because they are objective always with a dash of wit. All fan bases have to deal with unbridled homers, it's part of the game.
:suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by all that's holy, you seem to think a serious debate is your cup of tea. Only if it's dishing dirt about someone you're jealous of like Tom Brady. Jealousy does strange things to people and it seems to have impared your eye sight as well as your common sense.

Brady is worth $100M, is married to a supermodel and lives in the biggest mansion in Beverly Hills. And Bulldog is so fucking intelligent that he was able to surmise that I'm jealous of Tom Brady. Wow, how insightful you are, Bulldog! :L No one ever accused you of being bright, did they? :tsk:

Is my "eye sight" impaired or is Brady's? Something is making him miss his receivers by a mile and they need to figure out what it is or he's going to lead the lead in INTs and lowest completion %.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but... but... but... his "tenacity" and "leadership" and "intangibles!" Yeah, his "intagibles!" What about those?

:L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Peyton
2.Rodgers
3.Brees
4.Rivers

But do these four have "key intangibles" like Brady?

If someone else were starting QB for the Pats not named Tom Brady and had his numbers, he'd be in the bottom 5 QBs in the league. That this team has lost twice in that division is criminal.