• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's still one of the 3 best in the NFL IMO. This season goes to show it matters who your receivers are (see Matt Ryan).

Matt Ryan is still completing 67% of his passes an has 14-7 TD-INT. The defense and run offense on that team have been terrible

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a FF geek i'd say he sucks, as a fan i'd say he is playing well.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Manning, P.
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Ryan
5. Wilson

Did I leave anybody out?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where Do You Rank Brady As A QB This Season?

Better than what my team has.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Manning, P.
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Ryan
5. Wilson

Did I leave anybody out?

You're insane.

"Best job ever." I don't believe this shit. It never ceases to amaze me. :doh:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan is still completing 67% of his passes an has 14-7 TD-INT. The defense and run offense on that team have been terrible

I'd love to see Tom Brady play for the Falcons. He'd be gunslinging for his life like Favre used to do and he'd be leading the league in INTs. You could put a good HS QB behind the line Brady has always enjoyed and he'd excel.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Briz or patsfan1234 or BF4L drop the old "your psychopathic hatred of Brady disturbs me" just because I'm not impressed with 9 and 6. :rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Manning, P.
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Ryan
5. Wilson

Did I leave anybody out?

I would put Luck ahead of Ryan and Wilson at this point. If we are talking about this season I would say Rivers needs to be in the talk of being top 5 as well.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think this is one of the best jobs he has ever done. To have that team at 6-2 when his best receivers are Julian Edelman ( a 3rd or 4th WR really) and a guy that no one had even heard of before the season ( Thompkins) AND to do it without a really good RB is pretty amazing.

To be fair to the rest of the quarterbacks, not hearing of Thompkins doesn't make him crappy. He's a talented WR who is mostly unheard of because of his background. It's not like he has the talent level of a UDFA.

That being said, I still think he's having a good year leading this team to a 6-2 record.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is brady's best season ever. to lose all your wrs and te's and half your team to injury still lead your team to the superbowl despite teams playing their sb against you constantly just goes to show how great he is. no other qb in the league could do this not even peyton. tom brady is still the best qb alive no matter what his stats are. :whistle:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Drew Brees being in that top five list. Now as for this being Brady's best year I don't really agree with that. He has had no name receivers many times before and still put up good numbers. This is the first year I have ever seen him missing wide open receivers on a weekly basis. Again some of that is on the receivers but Brady just does not look the same this year at all

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is brady's best season ever. to lose all your wrs and te's and half your team to injury still lead your team to the superbowl despite teams playing their sb against you constantly just goes to show how great he is. no other qb in the league could do this not even peyton. tom brady is still the best qb alive no matter what his stats are. :whistle:

Riiiiiiiight. :L

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the deal. Bradys numbers are so so, tha said his team is 6-2 and when they needed against Buffalo?? Win. When they needed him against NO?? Win. When they needed a huge comeback against Miami?? Win. Hell even in their loss to the Jets that sure as hell wasnt Bradys fault since he brought them back to the lead only to watch the D blow it. I dont give a shit if the guy throws 30 TDs and 5 INTs. If he goes 8-8 then he is by definition average. Fair or not QB's are judged based on wins and losses. Id gladly take Matt Ryan have 9 TDs and 6 INTs right now if it meant Atlanta was 6-2 and he ahd led them to 3 great come from behind wins.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the deal. Bradys numbers are so so, tha said his team is 6-2 and when they needed against Buffalo?? Win. When they needed him against NO?? Win. When they needed a huge comeback against Miami?? Win. Hell even in their loss to the Jets that sure as hell wasnt Bradys fault since he brought them back to the lead only to watch the D blow it. I dont give a shit if the guy throws 30 TDs and 5 INTs. If he goes 8-8 then he is by definition average. Fair or not QB's are judged based on wins and losses. Id gladly take Matt Ryan have 9 TDs and 6 INTs right now if it meant Atlanta was 6-2 and he ahd led them to 3 great come from behind wins.

Gotcha. So let's praise the guy because they eeked out wins against bad teams. The wins are on him, the losses are on the D. Right.

Did you watch any of those games? Would you say that Brady played like an elite QB in any of them, or are you just going to stick with the ole "wins and losses" bullshit that does nothing but prove that Alex Smith is the best QB in the league?

There are at least a dozen college QBs I can think of off the top of my head who are more accurate passers than Tom Brady.

"Oh, well that's the receivers."

Tom Brady has great receivers.

"He can make ANYONE a superstar."

Tom Brady has bad receivers.

"It's not HIS fault they're terrible!"

The Brady knob-slobbing is unparalleled in sports.

"Brady is nowhere near his receivers on almost all passes this season cause he's trying to make them work harder. No QB does that!!!"

Beyond belief... :L

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just stirrin the pot. :ss: :)

brady is fine i know everyone been waiting for him to fall off the map but its not gunna happen anytime soon. hes playing into his forties.

theres been so much change to the offense this year with new wrs, no welker, hernandez in jail, no gronk, he has had a tough time adjusting. pats should have never let welker go he was bradys fav target. they didnt bring in any true studs for wr, they spent a 2nd and a 4th on wr who arent elite talent. not good enough. when you got a qb like brady you should give him great wrs not 2nd rate stuff. you saw what he did with moss and welker. pats are pretty stupid in that regard.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. So let's praise the guy because they eeked out wins against bad teams. The wins are on him, the losses are on the D. Right.

Did you watch any of those games? Would you say that Brady played like an elite QB in any of them, or are you just going to stick with the ole "wins and losses" bullshit that does nothing but prove that Alex Smith is the best QB in the league?

There are at least a dozen college QBs I can think of off the top of my head who are more accurate passers than Tom Brady.

"Oh, well that's the receivers."

Tom Brady has great receivers.

"He can make ANYONE a superstar."

Tom Brady has bad receivers.

"It's not HIS fault they're terrible!"

The Brady knob-slobbing is unparalleled in sports.

"Brady is nowhere near his receivers on almost all passes this season cause he's trying to make them work harder. No QB does that!!!"

Beyond belief... :L

HD I have always only cared about wins and losses, thats all anyone should care about. The Pats are still scoring this year and they literally have about the 20-25th best skill position guys in the league aside from Brady. Thats not fiction, its reality. They dont have a single skill position guy on that team that has played all year that would be a starter on more than half of the other NFL teams. Not one. 6-2 is 6-2 and with the talent Brady has around him on the outside and at RB that is as impressive as hell.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a very good QB and will get the job done just like he does every year. I don't get the, how good compared to last year or 07 or whenever. It makes no difference, he's not a different player, just the same dude that has to adapt year after year to the changes. If you were looking for some gushing and slurping reports, forget it, Pat's fans do a great job of that already.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

My point is that Matt Ryan has had great stats because he's had one of the best receiving corps of all time. Look what he did against the Cardinals when he didn't have his super-receivers; he had 4.9 YPA and 4 picks.

Brady has had one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL this year (maybe the worst), and even he isn't going to put up great numbers when that happens. It doesn't mean he's not a great QB any more; it just means that the Patriots are weaker than weak at WR. Their only hope this postseason is that Dobson starts to get it really fast.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Drew Brees being in that top five list. Now as for this being Brady's best year I don't really agree with that. He has had no name receivers many times before and still put up good numbers. This is the first year I have ever seen him missing wide open receivers on a weekly basis. Again some of that is on the receivers but Brady just does not look the same this year at all

It's different when you are developing rookies as opposed to having no name veterans who at least are used to playing in the NFL, though, IMO.

Did I miss something?