• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Billicheat are finished. The Cam Corder days are behind them. They have stolen enough AFC East championships. Time for the Patriots to get rid of the cheaters.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great feeling, Sonny! :nod: Especially since I called it.

I hear ya I know alot of Pats homers and bandwagon guy were obnoxious and overbearing in early 2000's ( and some still now). Kinda of like some Seattle fans are now and fans of other teams. Indy fans were unbearable after 2006 SB and Who dat nation came out of woodwork. And your dad didnt help being a Celts fan. Bask in it my friend, looks like a long rocky road for Pats.

Greats need to go out while still on top. Montana left KC at right time and Sugar Ray Leonard left too late.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Billicheat are finished. The Cam Corder days are behind them. They have stolen enough AFC East championships. Time for the Patriots to get rid of the cheaters.

Loved that film of walk-thru of Rams , helped them steal SB from Greatest show on turf. What they score 3 points first 3 quarters? Gotta love video cams

RamsGiantsBroncos4ever love it

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely some teams get more media hype than others and it is also a noteworthy story that NE (a team that hasn't been "dominant" in several years) "could be sliding into mediocrity". What's your point? Surely those two questions you ask don't aim to speak to my opinions that notions of "mystique" and "taking a hit nationally" are a bunch of crap.

I think I've made it pretty clear, however, that I'm not prepared to accept, as others seem to, that there is conclusive evidence that NE is incapable of competing for the SB this year. Seems to me (perhaps due to my poor reading comprehension) that you are among those who have concluded that NE "has slid into mediocrity".

By how much can I expect the Bengals to beat them Sunday night?

New England has certainly dominated the AFC East for years. When was the last time they finished with single digit wins, 2002? They've been outstanding. They've been the model franchise since 2001.

My point is that it's not a bunch of crap that the Patriots have had a mystique. Ever heard of the Patriot Way? Ever noticed how many of their coordinators get head coaching jobs? Did you notice how the story today isn't "wow, the Chiefs looked great!" it was "what is wrong with the Patriots?"? You don't have to believe there's a mystique, a reverence, an awe, whatever word you want to use about the Patriots, but it exists. And they've earned it. Their on field record speaks for itself.

And yes, I do believe that the Patriots are a mediocre team. I think Tom Brady is currently a mediocre quarterback. I still expect them to win the division, but I do not consider them a Super Bowl contender. They've got way too many issues on that offense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: Anything can happen, like Baltimore 2 years ago having a mediocre season and getting hot at the right time and winning it all as a WC, Giants a few times too. Right now the 3 powers in AFC imo are Denver, SD and Cinci. See how injuries and rest of season pans out. But I agree that its too early (1/4 ) of season to determine anything

I don't think anyone is determining anything, we're all just speculating. To me the Patriots don't look like a very good team. Of course they've got plenty of season left to turn it around. But if I had to put money on it, I would bet against them reaching 10 wins.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is determining anything, we're all just speculating. To me the Patriots don't look like a very good team. Of course they've got plenty of season left to turn it around. But if I had to put money on it, I would bet against them reaching 10 wins.

I think your right but I see them at 10-6 I'll do a month AV bet you sport a Brady and I'll sport a Manning you on?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right but I see them at 10-6 I'll do a month AV bet you sport a Brady and I'll sport a Manning you on?

So they reach at least 10-6 and you win, any less and I win? Sounds good to me.:suds:

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't think of a more deserving team to be sh*t on....:lol:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$17 mil in dead money isn't helping them too much either. I think Hernandez comes off the books next year and will free up a good chunk of that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to sport a Peyton for a month, Belichick and Brady will be dead to me

Based on their history, you've got a lock. Based on their play so far this season, I've got a lock. The good news for me is I don't really mind Tom Brady, so even if I lose it really won't bother me too much. :yahoo:

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that film of walk-thru of Rams , helped them steal SB from Greatest show on turf. What they score 3 points first 3 quarters? Gotta love video cams

RamsGiantsBroncos4ever love it

But the Kraft-Gooddell butt buddy relationship made sure that all the evidence was destroyed. How many years did the Putiots steal the AFC Championship title? I would guess eight to ten easy. All the while, Gooddell and Kraft pass favors behind closed door.

The Pats days are over and most NFL fans love it! :lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft a deceitful slimeball creep? naaaaaaaaaaaw

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowly but steadily ESPN has been removing Patriots as contenders. Now the Patriots are at the bottom of the pile in the NFL. As a Pats fans its where they belong, for now, based on that performance.

Brady does not look right, and has not all year.

Everyone is writing them off. Perhaps Brady got old rapidly

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic on the streets of Foxboro! :yahoo:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowly but steadily ESPN has been removing Patriots as contenders. Now the Patriots are at the bottom of the pile in the NFL. As a Pats fans its where they belong, for now, based on that performance.

Brady does not look right, and has not all year.

Everyone is writing them off. Perhaps Brady got old rapidly

You know what will help fix Brady & his Pats? Playing against the AFC East!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just a reaction from this game, it's based on the Patriots play this season. They got blown out in Miami and did nothing on offense the entire second half. The barely got by Oakland (probably the worst team in the league) at home. Even in their win against Minnesota, their offense didn't do much. Then last night they are completely shut down and their defense shredded.

The good news for the Patriots is their schedule is favorable and they play in the AFC East which is bad. I still think they're the favorite to win their division and that guarantees them a home playoff game.
I'm not trying to be a prick....er......c**t....but have you seen the pats schedule right up to their week-10/bye..??,....last year I wouldn't even fret, but this year = OUCH....!,....*and your broncos are in that schedule too,@n.e. [early-nov.?].