• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one thing I found so funny about the ESPN crew so thoroughly writing NE off after a shitty game at a pretty tough place to play against a team with a good coach and some good players. Same network that has propped up the Pats for a very long time. Et tu, Ray Ray?

If the Bengals go into NE next week and do anything that resembles what KC did last night, then perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that NE isn't nearly as bad they looked last night. Even if that happens, however, over two-thirds of the regular season still remains. Just seems so funny to me that ESPN, like a lot of fans, think that so much is revealed from a game or three. Anyone remember the 2012 Ravens?

ESPN is nothing more than a hype machine and when the people they chose to hype fail they drop them so fing quickly!

I wish I had your optimism TDs3nOut but this Patriots team and they last 4 games give me no confidence in them, nor make me think at this point they will turn things around. This team could just as easily be 0-4 as they are 2-2 right now.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...I would say no team has had as much Assistant Coach turnover as that of New England over the last 10 years. Eventually that catches up with you. Throw in it does seem that the more you throw on the Head Coaches plate the more they start to decline a bit. Saw this with the Broncos in they gave Shanahan complete control of the team and it started being one bad draft after another and horrible FA signings and just all-around bad decisions.

I will help with drafting they need to sign this pop warner RB in like 7-8 years

Young football player demolishes opposing team

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt because they've built up a mystique. But getting blown out 41-14 in front of the entire nation has a way of cracking that mystique. Brady and Belichick have obviously had great success together, but nothing lasts forever. Brady just is not that good anymore. He's frequently under pressure, which has caused him to be very inaccurate, and has him ducking from phantom pressure when he does have time. Then he can't drive the ball downfield anymore (thanks to that whole pressure issue), which means defenses can sit on all of that short stuff.

I imagine that a lot of people will pick the Patriots to beat the Bengals on Sunday. They'll do this because the Patriots don't lose two games in a row, and they don't lose at home, and of course the Patriots will rebound after losing in such an embarrassing fashion. But I think that's a mistake. I think the Bengals will win, and win big. And at that point I think a lot more people will come around to the fact that Brady and the Patriots just aren't that good anymore.
umm,......have you taken that bag off your head from your team's last SB/massacre..?,...we know we need to fix many problems, positions, play-calls, etc.........but we are 2-2....!,...like skip bayliss said today on ESPN = I don't even think the best team out there [ex. seahawks] could've gone into Arrowhead and won that game there last night in that environment....!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is nothing more than a hype machine and when the people they chose to hype fail they drop them so fing quickly!

I wish I had your optimism TDs3nOut but this Patriots team and they last 4 games give me no confidence in them, nor make me think at this point they will turn things around. This team could just as easily be 0-4 as they are 2-2 right now.

LOL I'm not making myself clear! I'm not optimistic or pessimistic. I just find it laughable that so many are prepared to draw conclusions after a quarter of the season. What will people say after Sunday night if NE blows out Cincinnati, who some are now calling "the team to beat in the AFC"?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when Arizona went 4-0 a few seasons ago and then finished 5-11 I think.

A lot can happen in the last 3/4 of the season.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt because they've built up a mystique. But getting blown out 41-14 in front of the entire nation has a way of cracking that mystique. Brady and Belichick have obviously had great success together, but nothing lasts forever. Brady just is not that good anymore. He's frequently under pressure, which has caused him to be very inaccurate, and has him ducking from phantom pressure when he does have time. Then he can't drive the ball downfield anymore (thanks to that whole pressure issue), which means defenses can sit on all of that short stuff.

I imagine that a lot of people will pick the Patriots to beat the Bengals on Sunday. They'll do this because the Patriots don't lose two games in a row, and they don't lose at home, and of course the Patriots will rebound after losing in such an embarrassing fashion. But I think that's a mistake. I think the Bengals will win, and win big. And at that point I think a lot more people will come around to the fact that Brady and the Patriots just aren't that good anymore.

That's always been true about Brady and the smart teams focused their game plan on that Achilles heel. You get in Brady's face, hit him a few times and keep knocking him around, he loses it. He needs a nice pocket around him ... that's what he is accustomed to ... but it isn't there much this season, so far, hence the shitty play from him and the O.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the SB last year?

Of course I watched the Super Bowl, and you better believe the Broncos took a hit nationally from their performance. What's your point?

Also, in your previous post you wrote that NE has played poorly the "entire season". What you meant, of course, is the "first quarter of the season".

Actually what I wrote was "it's not just a reaction from this game, it's based on the Patriots play this season." So I meant exactly what I wrote. Maybe what you meant to do was read a little more carefully.

I don't know what happens this Sunday night (nor do I even really care that much, other than a NE win might make people understand that there is a tendency to think one knows more than he really does know), but I won't be at all surprised if Brady, Belicheck, et al find a way to stop this "downward slide".

Sure they might win. But let's stop pretending that this is all an overreaction based on one bad game. It's not. It's a trend with the Patriots.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm,......have you taken that bag off your head from your team's last SB/massacre..?,...we know we need to fix many problems, positions, play-calls, etc.........but we are 2-2....!,...like skip bayliss said today on ESPN = I don't even think the best team out there [ex. seahawks] could've gone into Arrowhead and won that game there last night in that environment....!

I think there are several teams that could have gone into Arrowhead last night and won. We'll get our chance. They get us on a Sunday night.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,.....I will admit = I've never seen ESPN so ~riled-up~ about a NFL game since the 4th-n-2/debacle [pats/colts]... on last night's game, and their ~sky~ is falling on my pats/chants,.......let's please move-on, can we....!?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I watched the Super Bowl, and you better believe the Broncos took a hit nationally from their performance. What's your point?

My point is that the outcome of a particular game is frequently an imperfect indicator of the relative strength of the two teams. Then again, unlike you apparently, I happen to find notions like "mystique" and "taking a hit nationally" a bunch of crap.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are several teams that could have gone into Arrowhead last night and won. We'll get our chance. They get us on a Sunday night.
...and......didn't your team have their hands full when kc came to YOUR house....[I think kc played Denver at Denver,right?].

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A big difference though between the Broncos massacre and that of New England...The Broncos had a whole off season to fix what went wrong in that game. They added FA and Draft picks to correct that very problem. Plus getting back some of our top players in Harris, Miller, Clady, and Moore. Not sure how much New England can do at this point to fix what is wrong. FA players are slim pickings at this time. Usually can't just tell your players play better and all of a sudden they just do. An issue that very few have brought up for New England is they lost their OL coach this year. I think it is showing big time. The Patriots have typically been a top-10 OL in the NFL and I think he was the one constant that made that possible.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that the outcome of a particular game is frequently an imperfect indicator of the relative strength of the two teams. Then again, unlike you apparently, I happen to find notions like "mystique" and "taking a hit nationally" a bunch of crap.

Really? So you don't believe that some teams get hyped up more by the media than others? You don't think it's a big deal that a team that is as dominant as the Patriots have been could be sliding into mediocrity?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the future Jim Brown right there. A man among boys! I'm sure that run got him a few scholarship offers from the NCAA.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and......didn't your team have their hands full when kc came to YOUR house....[I think kc played Denver at Denver,right?].

Sure did. I still think the Chiefs can be beaten in Arrowhead, though. Shoot, the Titans did it and they're terrible.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the future Jim Brown right there. A man among boys! I'm sure that run got him a few scholarship offers from the NCAA.

Right? this kid bowled over the first 2 defenders, knocked them flat on their asses

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? this kid bowled over the first 2 defenders, knocked them flat on their asses

His stiff arm was the most impressive to me. He was almost at a complete stand still with the kid coming at him and just shoved him to the side. Doesn't have great speed but who needs it when you can just shove guys left and right off of you.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, that was just shitty tackling.