• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he can talk. Steve Young just rambles aimlessly until even he loses total interest in what he is saying.

I do think it is funny when Dilfer & Young literally start arguing with each other & someone has to step in to keep everyone going forward LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't like each other in real life.

BTW I think Dilfer & Simms are the worst to be forced to listen to talk about football.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure that a player who has had as much success on and off the field as he has, once he is 37 years old, has to make the decision each offseason whether it's worth the effort to keep playing. Tempting as it might be to write Brady off after tonight's game, I'm not at all convinced that he won't play for several more years.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Brady in a heartbeat. We have a Superbowl-caliber team for you Brady :)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Brady in a heartbeat. We have a Superbowl-caliber team for you Brady :)

the Seahawks already have a QB :whistle:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just something sad about this picture. I don't know why but that tweet from PFT just didn't sit right with me. There are guys out there who I feel have earned enough respect in this game that yeah, they should be untouchable and Peyton and Brady are two of them. Without them and the Pitts/Ravens rivalry, and the Favre debacle, the aughts would've been a boring decade in football.

I wouldn't say untouchable. He certainly deserves criticism right now.

But what pft did wasn't criticize, they're trolling. Which is really all they do.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he can talk. Steve Young just rambles aimlessly until even he loses total interest in what he is saying.

Young's eyes are still glazed over from the last concussion he suffered in his playing days.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about him is that he sucked as a player, but he so forcefully asserts his opinions. Credibility gap? I think so. Regardless, I don't think that either KC is as good or NE is as bad as the game tonight suggests.

You're never as good as you looked in your last game, and you're never as bad as you looked in your last game either. We all saw the Steelers and Bucs Sunday. The Bengals having to go to New England Sunday night on national tv again scares the crap out of me.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many years does he have left on his contract?

His contract runs through 2017.

Brady can only do so much. I would put the blame squarely on BB's shoulders. He thinks he smarter than he is. His O-line is terrible & his WR(s) are mediocre. That is directly his own fault because rather than pay the good players on his roster that may be slightly declining in the near future, he ships them off. He got away with that philosophy for about a decade, then it caught up with him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer: "Pats are a weak team".

Young: "How could this organization have fallen so far to not surround Brady with SB talent".

My take: It's hard to win on the road. KC has some good players. People tend to make too much about a particular game. It's quite likely that KC won't look like a 27-point-better-than-NE-team by the end of the season.

Yet this clowns are the same people who picked the Patriots to win the division because they had such a great team!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's about 1 to 2 major hits away from being FORCED to retire!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're never as good as you looked in your last game, and you're never as bad as you looked in your last game either. We all saw the Steelers and Bucs Sunday. The Bengals having to go to New England Sunday night on national tv again scares the crap out of me.
YOU...?,.......you guyz are scaring the crap out of ~patriot-nation~ [right now].....with your impending visit ,....and on SNF too......!??

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about him is that he sucked as a player, but he so forcefully asserts his opinions. Credibility gap? I think so. Regardless, I don't think that either KC is as good or NE is as bad as the game tonight suggests.
sorry,....but WE do sukk, this year,.....*MM kicks cat*.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Right now there is a lot of talk about how good the Bengals are, and deservedly so. Perhaps Cincinnati goes to NE this Sunday and gets a W. That is far from a foregone conclusion, however.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet this clowns are the same people who picked the Patriots to win the division because they had such a great team!

That's one thing I found so funny about the ESPN crew so thoroughly writing NE off after a shitty game at a pretty tough place to play against a team with a good coach and some good players. Same network that has propped up the Pats for a very long time. Et tu, Ray Ray?

If the Bengals go into NE next week and do anything that resembles what KC did last night, then perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that NE isn't nearly as bad they looked last night. Even if that happens, however, over two-thirds of the regular season still remains. Just seems so funny to me that ESPN, like a lot of fans, think that so much is revealed from a game or three. Anyone remember the 2012 Ravens?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because he sucked as a player, doesn't mean he doesn't know the game. The best players never make the best analyst/coaches. That's the most annoying message board assumption.....just because a player was great as a player must mean his opinion is more credible than one that wasn't so great. It's horseshit...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he sucked as a player, doesn't mean he doesn't know the game. The best players never make the best analyst/coaches. That's the most annoying message board assumption.....just because a player was great as a player must mean his opinion is more credible than one that wasn't so great. It's horseshit...

I understand your point. George Will knows a lot about baseball, though I'm sure he throws like a girl! Matt Millen was a great football player, yet he sucked as a GM! Still, whenever I hear Dilfer analyze QB play, I can't help but wonder why he played as if he had no clue about the game.