• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...I would say no team has had as much Assistant Coach turnover as that of New England over the last 10 years. Eventually that catches up with you. Throw in it does seem that the more you throw on the Head Coaches plate the more they start to decline a bit. Saw this with the Broncos in they gave Shanahan complete control of the team and it started being one bad draft after another and horrible FA signings and just all-around bad decisions.

More than the Ravens you think?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So you don't believe that some teams get hyped up more by the media than others? You don't think it's a big deal that a team that is as dominant as the Patriots have been could be sliding into mediocrity?

Surely some teams get more media hype than others and it is also a noteworthy story that NE (a team that hasn't been "dominant" in several years) "could be sliding into mediocrity". What's your point? Surely those two questions you ask don't aim to speak to my opinions that notions of "mystique" and "taking a hit nationally" are a bunch of crap.

I think I've made it pretty clear, however, that I'm not prepared to accept, as others seem to, that there is conclusive evidence that NE is incapable of competing for the SB this year. Seems to me (perhaps due to my poor reading comprehension) that you are among those who have concluded that NE "has slid into mediocrity".

By how much can I expect the Bengals to beat them Sunday night?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I'm not making myself clear! I'm not optimistic or pessimistic. I just find it laughable that so many are prepared to draw conclusions after a quarter of the season. What will people say after Sunday night if NE blows out Cincinnati, who some are now calling "the team to beat in the AFC"?

ESPN certainly will say that! I won't.... Nor do I see the Patriots blowing out Cincy

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely some teams get more media hype than others and it is also a noteworthy story that NE (a team that hasn't been "dominant" in several years) "could be sliding into mediocrity". What's your point? Surely those two questions you ask don't aim to speak to my opinions that notions of "mystique" and "taking a hit nationally" are a bunch of crap.

I think I've made it pretty clear, however, that I'm not prepared to accept, as others seem to, that there is conclusive evidence that NE is incapable of competing for the SB this year. Seems to me (perhaps due to my poor reading comprehension) that you are among those who have concluded that NE "has slid into mediocrity".

By how much can I expect the Bengals to beat them Sunday night?

:10: Anything can happen, like Baltimore 2 years ago having a mediocre season and getting hot at the right time and winning it all as a WC, Giants a few times too. Right now the 3 powers in AFC imo are Denver, SD and Cinci. See how injuries and rest of season pans out. But I agree that its too early (1/4 ) of season to determine anything

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Arizona went 4-0 a few seasons ago and then finished 5-11 I think.

A lot can happen in the last 3/4 of the season.

Yes yes it can. But nothing I've seen so far makes me think that will happen to the Patriots. Especially considering Brady still have about 2 seconds to throw the ball... BB lost his balls and doesn't go for 4th and 2 for the oppositions 42 anymore!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We witnessed the end of an era last night and it was difficult to watch. Tom Brady now leads the league in missed throws. He needs to honor his word and legacy and walk away now.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big difference though between the Broncos massacre and that of New England...The Broncos had a whole off season to fix what went wrong in that game. They added FA and Draft picks to correct that very problem. Plus getting back some of our top players in Harris, Miller, Clady, and Moore. Not sure how much New England can do at this point to fix what is wrong. FA players are slim pickings at this time. Usually can't just tell your players play better and all of a sudden they just do. An issue that very few have brought up for New England is they lost their OL coach this year. I think it is showing big time. The Patriots have typically been a top-10 OL in the NFL and I think he was the one constant that made that possible.
I just wish coach/B.B. would pull a ''john elway'' and load-UP for what could be most likely brady's last chance at another ring = just like your broncos have done last year and this year,......trust me, we're ALL ~grumbling~ up here and ''time is of the essance''....!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Our defense is elite." - bullshit you won't hear from a Pats fan anymore anytime soon

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish coach/B.B. would pull a ''john elway'' and load-UP for what could be most likely brady's last chance at another ring = just like your broncos have done last year and this year,......trust me, we're ALL ~grumbling~ up here and ''time is of the essance''....!

he never will, which is ridiculous! Seriously... Did he not see what happened when Brady had time to throw and had Moss? Um.... Hello!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're never as good as you looked in your last game, and you're never as bad as you looked in your last game either. We all saw the Steelers and Bucs Sunday. The Bengals having to go to New England Sunday night on national tv again scares the crap out of me.

Not as much as it scares me...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally like Dilfer as an analyst but the criticism that the Patriots, owners, Belichick etc don't want to win the Superbowl is just plain stupid. There are are plenty of valid criticisms today but that isn't one of them.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We witnessed the end of an era last night and it gave me a massive boner to watch. Tom Brady now leads the league in missed throws. He needs to honor his word and legacy and walk away now.

Fify

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
formerly Brady's parking space.
th

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady was a guy who benefited from great receivers and o-line but is now falling apart without either.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady was a guy who benefited from great receivers and o-line but is now falling apart without either.

Are you serious? LOL @ pretending like he's not fucking SURROUNDED by offensive weapons.

"Gronk isn't even good" - Pats, errr... I mean Tom Brady fans who'll say ANYTHING to excuse his league-worst play at QB

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? LOL @ pretending like he's not fucking SURROUNDED by offensive weapons.

"Gronk isn't even good" - Pats, errr... I mean Tom Brady fans who'll say ANYTHING to excuse his league-worst play at QB

Huh?

I'm specifically saying he's not a great QB but has had a great cast (and coach) around him and is struggling without them. Gronkowski is great when healthy but how many games has he missed outright or played injured?

I certainly don't think Wes Welker is missing Tom Brady.

Edit:

It also hasn't exactly hurt him to have played so many games against the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love your gloating Hammer , very fitting. Reminds me of first time I looked at a playboy magazine @ age 10

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your gloating Hammer , very fitting. Reminds me of first time I looked at a playboy magazine @ age 10

It's a great feeling, Sonny! :nod: Especially since I called it.