• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans need to stop defending Belichek here. They cheated. Get over it. You still got the rings, but the team cheated to get them. It's getting annoying 10 years after the fact. There's a reason they can't win in the playoffs as efficiently.

Huh? (yawn).....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots fans need to stop defending Belichek here. They cheated. Get over it. You still got the rings, but the team cheated to get them. It's getting annoying 10 years after the fact. There's a reason they can't win in the playoffs as efficiently.

'efficiently'..what the fuck does that mean? maybe you haven't noticed but they have still gotten to the AFCCG and several Super Bowls.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameras kept getting better?!

:L

Homer.... technology report I can take a better picture from further away with my phone than I could with my camera ten years ago. Are you that clueless? Why do I even ask.

Even still none of you will answer my question why did BB risk using spygate even after the memo if it was ineffective? It's completely illogical...maybe because he felt like he had to like a kid on crack.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer.... technology report I can take a better picture from further away with my phone than I could with my camera ten years ago. Are you that clueless? Why do I even ask.

Even still none of you will answer my question why did BB risk using spygate even after the memo if it was ineffective? It's completely illogical...maybe because he felt like he had to like a kid on crack.

I'm sure he felt it was useful. Belichick also considers players giving information to the press as something like a prisoner of war giving secrets to the enemy. Is he right about that? He thinks so but is it really a game changer? Who knows? He's Bill Belichick.

No Patriot fan isn't saying Belichick isn't arrogant or a fanatic over details that may or may not actually be important or that he didn't break the rules over video taping but to make this great leap to the taping being the difference between Super Bowls and no Super Bowls is more about hating on the team as much as anything about the football. imo of course.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Pats fans but the numbers don't lie...

Pre Spygate 3-0 in SB's. Post Spygate 0-2 in SB's. Spin it anyway you want but those Pats teams were better (at least during the regular season) than both Giants teams they faced. Of course I'll be called a hater for simply pointing out facts. And a side note: I'm a $tealer$ hater.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well sure, if your camera is a piece of shit.

Clueless? I fucking teach photography. There have been focal lengths and optics that can take high resolution images from long distances for decades. Your statement is fucking retarded.

As for the benefit, of signal taping, it forces opponents to change signals. A more highly disciplined team will have less trouble with that process. That's the benefit and if a team doesn't change signals, too fucking bad about them. (This for the umpteenth time)

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pre Spygate 3-0 in SB's. Post Spygate 0-2 in SB's. Spin it anyway you want but those Pats teams were better (at least during the regular season) than both Giants teams they faced. Of course I'll be called a hater for simply pointing out facts. And a side note: I'm a $tealer$ hater.

You have stated a fact. What you have failed to do is to establish a causal relationship between the elements that correlate. One dropped pass or one caught pass and your entire academically void argument falls to pieces.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pre-spygate ... quality defense.

Post-spygate ... crappy defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-spygate ... quality defense.

Post-spygate ... crappy defense.

The Pats had an undefeated regular season back in '07, you don't go 16-0 w/ a crappy D. And looking up the stats from the '07 regular season (nfl.com) the Pats finished 4th in the league in total D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have stated a fact. What you have failed to do is to establish a causal relationship between the elements that correlate. One dropped pass or one caught pass and your entire academically void argument falls to pieces.

But that one dropped pass didn't happen. So my argument has not fallen to pieces.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you claim a wide reaching phenomenon. I understand that it's all ya got.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he felt it was useful. Belichick also considers players giving information to the press as something like a prisoner of war giving secrets to the enemy. Is he right about that? He thinks so but is it really a game changer? Who knows? He's Bill Belichick.

No Patriot fan isn't saying Belichick isn't arrogant or a fanatic over details that may or may not actually be important or that he didn't break the rules over video taping but to make this great leap to the taping being the difference between Super Bowls and no Super Bowls is more about hating on the team as much as anything about the football. imo of course.

So what you're trying to tell us is that pats fans are discrediting BB's coaching tactics not only back during the spygate era but now after praising him as a god??? I'm not sure I'm buying that line of thinking. I also never said that they wouldn't have won a super bowl without spygate but unfortunately there is no way to say that they would have either. BB tainted your teams history forever end of story.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, if your camera is a piece of shit.

Clueless? I fucking teach photography. There have been focal lengths and optics that can take high resolution images from long distances for decades. Your statement is fucking retarded.

As for the benefit, of signal taping, it forces opponents to change signals. A more highly disciplined team will have less trouble with that process. That's the benefit and if a team doesn't change signals, too fucking bad about them. (This for the umpteenth time)

Then why didn't BB film from the top of the stadium so he wouldn't be prosecuted. Is he a tool or was the technology not quite there at the time?

From what I understand teams always attempted to protect their signals since the dawn of time but no one was prepared to do it at the level of what BB was doing. That's why they outlawed it. If it was no big deal why outlaw it homer? Why put radio in the helmets of the D and O? Maybe you should open up a coaches school for being a disciplined signal caller you would surely make millions....:doh:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriot fans will never admit the obvious. Regardless, it doesn't matter. Their SB's will always be questioned because of spygate. There will always be the proverbial "asterisk" next to their titles and that will never change. Similar to Barry Bonds who holds the all time home run record. Sure he did it, but we all know he cheated to get there.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats had an undefeated regular season back in '07, you don't go 16-0 w/ a crappy D. And looking up the stats from the '07 regular season (nfl.com) the Pats finished 4th in the league in total D.
lol,.......they were loaded on ''offense'' back in 2007,....their last few games [I recall] during that 16-0/run were like (ex.)...37-35/scores with the GIants, ravens, philly?.........no defense in those games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,.......they were loaded on ''offense'' back in 2007,....their last few games [I recall] during that 16-0/run were like (ex.)...37-35/scores with the GIants, ravens, philly?.........no defense in those games.

So you are saying the Pats had no D in '07 yet they finished the season ranked 4th in total D? Wow.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the Pats had no D in '07 yet they finished the season ranked 4th in total D? Wow.
lol,...I went to some of those games back in 2007 = Washington had no offense [56-10?/blowout]...our offense never let off the pedal,...........Arizona flew in during a snowstorm and never wanted to get off the plane [according to k.warner] and got blown-away,....like I said our offense/defense was tiring during those last few games in 07,.....we had a ''good'' defense then but not as great as the 2001-2004/run....[m.-op.].

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny thing is that Pats had leads in all 5 SB's only to see their vaunted D's give up 4th quarter leads in every SB's. Pats were up 14 going into the 4th quarter with Rams etc etc. Wish their D payed attention to the tape and signals they stole

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriot fans will never admit the obvious. Regardless, it doesn't matter. Their SB's will always be questioned because of spygate. There will always be the proverbial "asterisk" next to their titles and that will never change. Similar to Barry Bonds who holds the all time home run record. Sure he did it, but we all know he cheated to get there.
umm,....here's a ~tissue~, ~cry-baby~.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,...I went to some of those games back in 2007 = Washington had no offense [56-10?/blowout]...our offense never let off the pedal,...........Arizona flew in during a snowstorm and never wanted to get off the plane [according to k.warner] and got blown-away,....like I said our offense/defense was tiring during those last few games in 07,.....we had a ''good'' defense then but not as great as the 2001-2004/run....[m.-op.].

Totally agree. The defense at the end of the year was not nearly as good as earlier. They could not make stops when they most needed to. Not that a lot of luck didn't help, but that was definitely the case in the Super Bowl.