• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Patriots haven't won shit since spygate" - Retards everywhere.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the league did show what was on the tapes. (the second press conference)

Also with the latest revelation in the Rice case, maybe the league can get the whole thing right and either return the pick, or fine the Dolphins and Jets (who were caught doing the same thing and not fined)

As you can see in the Rice case they only showed us what they felt comfortable with. It was detrimental to the league to show the inside the elevator portion. I'm sure that spygate was no different that's why the tapes were destroyed. In this case the league was screwed as tmz scooped them!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Patriots haven't won shit since spygate" - Retards everywhere.

And here come the insults when you have nothing logical to add to this homer....nice. when was the pats last super bowl victory??? Here's a hint pre-spygate.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The integrity of the whole league was in jeopardy after this why do you think the tapes were destroyed? Of course they all downplayed spygate do you think anyone involved in the NFL wanted to make a bigger deal out of it than necessary? It was a black eye! Would you do this if you made your livelihood from football? Besides if what BB did was no big deal why were the tapes destroyed and how would anyone else really know to what extremes BB actually went to? It wasn't like the commish let it all out in detail but I tell you one thing it isn't logical for BB to risk everything for no gain.

No one ever said that the pats automatically won every game due to spygate but it had to have helped as they won 3 out of 4 super bowls then nothing after for ten years with some pretty damn good teams. Coincidence? I've been over this enough if you don't get it I can't help you....

Pretty much. You can keeping pointing out that same coincidence over and over again and ignoring everything else that contradicts it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. You can keeping pointing out that same coincidence over and over again and ignoring everything else that contradicts it.

Are you saying that no matter how many times someone spews the same nonsense, it doesn't change the facts? :noidea:

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see in the Rice case they only showed us what they felt comfortable with. It was detrimental to the league to show the inside the elevator portion. I'm sure that spygate was no different that's why the tapes were destroyed. In this case the league was screwed as tmz scooped them!

Matters not, they showed the tapes. The league even said most of the tapes did not have much on them and were similar to the ones displayed (mentioned at the second press conference)

They under-reacted with Rice and over-reacted with NE.

And like Rice, they need to either step up and fine the teams that have been caught or return the pick because they refuse to fine the teams that were caught.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that no matter how many times someone spews the same nonsense, it doesn't change the facts? :noidea:

I'm saying that pointing out one singular fact repeatedly (No championships since 2004) and ignoring all the others facts about the Patriots performance since then is nonsense.

Given all that when FinFan asked if it was all just a coincidence, I think I have to agree.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that pointing out one singular fact repeatedly (No championships since 2004) and ignoring all the others facts about the Patriots performance since then is nonsense.

Either way I like it. People like to ignore that they still have won the division and gotten to AFCCG's as well. So you can't win them all. I'd rather they have the seasons they do than end up like the Jets, Dolphins, Jags, etc.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way I like it. People like to ignore that they still have won the division and gotten to AFCCG's as well. So you can't win them all. I'd rather they have the seasons they do than end up like the Jets, Dolphins, Jags, etc.

Look at the Boston Celtics. Multiple Championships over multiple decades and then NOTHIN! for over 20 years. Don't overlook luck and coincidence!

Forget the fact that Haters are STILL waiting for the Patriots to die a horrible football death.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here come the insults when you have nothing logical to add to this homer....nice. when was the pats last super bowl victory??? Here's a hint pre-spygate.

I have typed pages of logic toward you to no avail. It is a fact that the Patriots have not won the Superbowl since spygate; it is not true that they haven't won anything. Solely focusing upon the lack of a Superbowl victory is the stuff of retards. It's all you have when the very year they were admonished for breaking a rule (week 1), they completed a perfect regular season. I've admitted many times that the loss to the Giants knocked the entire campaign down a notch but 18-0, the best record ever amassed by a modern team gets swept under the rug too quickly by....you guessed it....retards.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Brady remains near the top of his game, so do the Pats.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matters not, they showed the tapes. The league even said most of the tapes did not have much on them and were similar to the ones displayed (mentioned at the second press conference)

They under-reacted with Rice and over-reacted with NE.

And like Rice, they need to either step up and fine the teams that have been caught or return the pick because they refuse to fine the teams that were caught.

I believe that you're a little naive Goodell has proven that he will only release what he wants or has to which is proven in the Rice case. Either way if I know your signals I'll definitely take advantage of it. Go ahead and put your head in the sand and deny it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given all that when FinFan asked if it was all just a coincidence, I think I have to agree.

Their record after spygate has nothing to do with them cheating before that as those were completely different teams. It's just a fact that they couldn't win the big game after spygate but magically had no trouble while using spygate. If anything the pats were getting better with brady maturing but that's another topic. No one has said that any of the teams were horrible during spygate either just that they used spygate to get them over the hump. How many times do I have to say this???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have typed pages of logic toward you to no avail. It is a fact that the Patriots have not won the Superbowl since spygate; it is not true that they haven't won anything. Solely focusing upon the lack of a Superbowl victory is the stuff of retards. It's all you have when the very year they were admonished for breaking a rule (week 1), they completed a perfect regular season. I've admitted many times that the loss to the Giants knocked the entire campaign down a notch but 18-0, the best record ever amassed by a modern team gets swept under the rug too quickly by....you guessed it....retards.

Homer you don't seem to understand that whatever they did after has nothing to do with them cheating beforehand. Your trying to use circumstantial evidence to change what actually happened in the past but it has absolutely no bearing except with even better teams they couldn't seal the deal. Perhaps with spygate they may have won 13 super bowls...see it works both ways if you want to use that argument. it's one thing to win games it's another to win championships...every edge helps. We'll just have to disagree on this so go ahead and put your head in the sand and believe that your team didn't cheat.:L

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their record after spygate has nothing to do with them cheating before that as those were completely different teams. It's just a fact that they couldn't win the big game after spygate but magically had no trouble while using spygate. If anything the pats were getting better with brady maturing but that's another topic. No one has said that any of the teams were horrible during spygate either just that they used spygate to get them over the hump. How many times do I have to say this???

:billb:

Yeah, pretty much done here.

Here's a toast to our resident chief Pats hater :suds:

dolphins-los-cabos.jpg

FlyerFinFan!

Hope you cats have a good year, just not a great one~

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:billb:

Yeah, pretty much done here.

Here's a toast to our resident chief Pats hater :suds:

dolphins-los-cabos.jpg

FlyerFinFan!

Hope you cats have a good year, just not a great one~

Likewise cheers! :suds:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As many times as I have to say there are any number of better and legitimate football reasons that they couldn't get over the hump. You keep maintaining that the big difference is the taping and anyone who actually watched the games could see there were any number of more obvious reasons why they haven't won the big game since.

Here's a fact for you.

The Patriots never won another Superbowl after Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennell left their staff. Fact.

They never won a Superbowl after Adam Vinitieri left the Patriots. Fact.

Are any of these facts the reason the Patriots couldn't get over the hump since? Or it is just a coincidence. Why is spygate the only real reason in your mind for their lack of big game success?