• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious how he promotes himself? When the players had a lawsuit going, Kraft helped with the negotiations is all. This guy is a relatively new owner ( 20 years) compared to Rooneys, Browns, Davis's etc) and some bashers post like he thinks he invented football, full blow retarded statements. When they drafted Christian Peters from Nebraska, and he had some charges come to the table, he was dropped before preseason. He obviously knew Hernandez had some issues and took a chance on a first round pick in 4th round, but didnt think the guy was gonna kill people

Omg he helped with an investigation of a murderer on his team? What a saint. Lets give him a Nobel Peace Prize. I take everything I said back.

Hernandez had a long history of violence. I have no problem with the Pats drafting him. Seahawks have drafted some questionable people as well, but they don't promote themselves with the "Seahawks Way" and how they're morally above the rest of the league like Kraft did.

Like I said I don't care about the stuff he did I care about that things he says that are complete BS.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't they only around during the old 14 game schedules, so not as bad. 1-13 and 2-12. :lol:

No they started playing 16 games in 78 and Kiam didnt buy the team till 88 Grogan, Sam bam Cunningham, John Hannah, Russ Frances days

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg he helped with an investigation of a murderer on his team? What a saint. Lets give him a Nobel Peace Prize. I take everything I said back.

Hernandez had a long history of violence. I have no problem with the Pats drafting him. Seahawks have drafted some questionable people as well, but they don't promote themselves with the "Seahawks Way" and how they're morally above the rest of the league like Kraft did.

Like I said I don't care about the stuff he did I care about that things he says that are complete BS.

Hey you have a Kraft cronie there in Petey

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR. They're probably both Dbags in real life :).

Nah Pete seems like a nice guy, I met him when he was HC for Pats. I dont think Kraft is a douchebag, at least not for NE, he has done a lot here. I'm weirded out with the fact that he is with someone half his age, but$$$ buys that. Remember Anna Nicole Smith with the 88 yr Old billionaire in a wheel chair. I dont know anything about the lawsuit with his son, so cant comment

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft is a self serving ass just like ALL millionares but just how long after your wife dies are you required to mourn? If Kraft had died, how long would Myra have had to wait before she banged the poolboy?

I'm wondering if the judgemental pricks in this thread have some sort of timeframe.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Jerry Jones:L

Thanks god for Jerry Jones... :party:

I think the criticisms and outrage of Kraft comments while they have some validity are exaggerated. The criticisms about his personal life are completely wrong and intrusive. Personally if he died some time in the future with big fat smile on his face :wink: :wink: I would only be happy for him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Just look at the latest convo when it was brought up during training camp. A player brought it up not anyone on this board and pat fans went into full denial. I and others only responded to the BS. They could have easily let it go but nope the talk was all about ten year dynasty blah blah blah....when you've won nothing for ten years! I've only corrected ignorant posters but I'll stop unless you continue to question me I'll obviously stand up for myself and the others. We also have quite a few pats posters frequent the Fins board and spew nonsense. If they talk football that's fine but this is usually not the case but I laugh it off as its humorous....

When I said full retard, this is the type of thing that I was referring to. Carry on.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you might be too young to remember the Sullivans, some of the worst owners, shitty ass field in Schaefer and father and son always fought. Thats when Pats had the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons annually

Started watching them in 85 when I was 8. So yeah a little too young to appreciate how bad they were. My father clued me in though.

All the more reason to give Kraft tons of love as a fan of the team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a proud football fan, I don't care about stuff like this. My mom gets all crabby about things like this. Stopped buying Heinz catchup because Big Ben raped that chick. Misguided anger.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks god for Jerry Jones... :party:

I think the criticisms and outrage of Kraft comments while they have some validity are exaggerated. The criticisms about his personal life are completely wrong and intrusive. Personally if he died some time in the future with big fat smile on his face :wink: :wink: I would only be happy for him.

Jerry is still the measuring stick for owners being fools. Kraft has a far way to go to reach that level.

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Pete seems like a nice guy, I met him when he was HC for Pats. I dont think Kraft is a douchebag, at least not for NE, he has done a lot here. I'm weirded out with the fact that he is with someone half his age, but$$$ buys that. Remember Anna Nicole Smith with the 88 yr Old billionaire in a wheel chair. I dont know anything about the lawsuit with his son, so cant comment

It was actually all his sons. He was basically trying to be in control of their inheritance.

I don't know any of them so I can't say. Maybe I'm being over zealous. For all I know Kraft could be the nicest guy in the world, but his little morality stances in the past have gotten on my nerves. Maybe I was a bit too in the moment. What person over 50 wouldn't like to sleep with someone half their age? It's just the things he says and does are very hypocritical, and like I've said a lot of it has been the NFL and ESPN always using his comments like he's some undeniable source, and that's not exactly his fault.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a proud football fan, I don't care about stuff like this. My mom gets all crabby about things like this. Stopped buying Heinz catchup because Big Ben raped that chick. Misguided anger.

This.

I've heard plenty about Dickey Betts but I still dig the Allman Bros!

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha if you actually believe that only two of us believe spygate helped your team then you're more delusional than I thought homer. It's actually pats fans that keep bringing it up I just correct their ignorance. Either way I'll sit back and let them spew their propaganda if it makes you feel better. You can now go back and pump out your chest again as all time winners...:L

Lol Eric Mangini himself (the coach that caught the Pats) doesn't think that what the Pats did was THAT bad, and has said multiple times that he wishes he didn't report it, and he didn't think it would be such a big deal. I think the real problem is the tape wasn't released to the media and was burned.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually all his sons. He was basically trying to be in control of their inheritance.

I don't know any of them so I can't say. Maybe I'm being over zealous. For all I know Kraft could be the nicest guy in the world, but his little morality stances in the past have gotten on my nerves. Maybe I was a bit too in the moment. What person over 50 wouldn't like to sleep with someone half their age? It's just the things he says and does are very hypocritical, and like I've said a lot of it has been the NFL and ESPN always using his comments like he's some undeniable source, and that's not exactly his fault.

Good post Larry and happy for your Hawks. I predicted them to be in SB vs Denver at beginning of last season but forecast the score at Seattle 27-24, didnt expected that blowout. And they still look like the team to beat, didnt show any SB hangover early in season, clicking on all cylinders

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Eric Mangini himself (the coach that caught the Pats) doesn't think that what the Pats did was THAT bad, and has said multiple times that he wishes he didn't report it, and he didn't think it would be such a big deal. I think the real problem is the tape wasn't released to the media and was burned.

And of course he knew what they did because he was their D coordinator the year before. Shame on Belichick to keep doing it after the memo came out, against the Jets and a creep like Mangini, who already tried to lure some coaches from NE. Bill cost himself 500k and worse , cost the team a first round draft pick

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I think some of it is over-zealousness. There was a time when they thought they only recruited players of good character but those illusions fade quickly. I think now it's around team vs individual attitudes. I don't think the Patriots are the only decent team that doesn't think they have something "special".

All these guys are different. Some don't like the limelight and aren't good in the limelight. Some like the attention and are pretty good at it. Kraft is probably one of those. Some love the attention.

Many times Kraft seems to be talking as a business man in some form of corporate speak where he's trying to make his team and/or the league look good. Because good PR is good for the bottom line of his team and the NFL. Same as any number of CEO's.

But even the best of them can be caught being "hypocritical" or non-genuine. It's just too easy.

Same with issues about his personal life.

I think Kraft is generally respected as an owner by both other owners and players but I'm sure there must be some that don't him. And yes being a good owner is not the same as being a good person.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course he knew what they did because he was their D coordinator the year before. Shame on Belichick to keep doing it after the memo came out, against the Jets and a creep like Mangini, who already tried to lure some coaches from NE. Bill cost himself 500k and worse , cost the team a first round draft pick

Agreed. We know Belichick can be arrogant even if he is a good coach.

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Larry and happy for your Hawks. I predicted them to be in SB vs Denver at beginning of last season but forecast the score at Seattle 27-24, didnt expected that blowout. And they still look like the team to beat, didnt show any SB hangover early in season, clicking on all cylinders

Yeah I picked Seattle vs New England in the preseason. I watch a lot of New England games because my buddy is a Pats fan and we like talking shit to each other while watching each others teams lol. I'm still keeping that pick too assuming week 1 was a fluke for the Pats.

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We know Belichick can be arrogant even if he is a good coach.

Definitely. He's also been known to try to manipulate the system (which lets be honest there isn't a good coach in the league that doesn't).