• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also whoever made this poll needs to next time have a middle setting. Kind of a hot and cold option. Should be like "they're still good but maybe not as good as we thought" or "they're not there yet".

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also whoever made this poll needs to next time have a middle setting. Kind of a hot and cold option. Should be like "they're still good but maybe not as good as we thought" or "they're not there yet".

"On the decline, but overlook them at your peril."

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick's like a good lawyer, you hate his guts unless he's representing you!

I've said all along that if I wasn't a Pats fan, I'd bust stones about spygate too. I just wouldn't convince myself of it like fin has.

As for the thread question, the Patriots probably are in decline. They've already had the longest consistency streak the league has ever seen. Why would anyone assume that it's going to continue forever?

Of course, you dream that it can and I gotta say, Pats fans aren't saying much about Garappolo because we don't want to jinx anything. Others aren't saying anything about him 'cause Brady being replaced by a solid new prospect has to be every Pats hater's nightmare!

As it stands, yes, they're probably going to have to go through the same lean years any organization does before too long.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On the decline, but overlook them at your peril."
Initially I had 3 choices for the poll. But you either agree that they are in decline or you don't. And so far it's split right down the middle.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that they are on the decline, but I don't have to agree that it's the end. If JG become the second coming of Brady and they find another serviceable WR they are right back in the mix, for example. As it is, they should still be in the playoffs, which is a long way from "over".

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I picked Seattle vs New England in the preseason. I watch a lot of New England games because my buddy is a Pats fan and we like talking shit to each other while watching each others teams lol. I'm still keeping that pick too assuming week 1 was a fluke for the Pats.

Yeah I'm hoping it was a fluke and hoping maybe it was the heat that made them play like shit the second half. First half both offense and defense played extremely well,but second they couldnt stop the run and Brady was missing wide open guys with throws 10 feet over their heads. 2 years ago when NE went into Seattle it was a great game. NE was up 14 points to only have Russell Wilson make a great comeback and D make some big stops. I want to see close SB's and not blow outs

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's unusual for fan bases of successful teams to get arrogant. (See Seahawks, Seattle) It's part of the fun.

Yes I hear you but the pats haven't won a bowl in ten years and yet some fans seem to think that they've won ten straight years of bowls. It's one thing to be proud of your teams accomplishments but some people are down right delusional.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF you are way off base maybe 10% name 5 on here

What's this high school sonny..haha...I'm not going to get into name dropping most should know what they're doing and this goes back to ESPN days too glad most of those pieces of work aren't on here. You are ok in my books sonny even if we don't happen to see eye to eye on some things.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said full retard, this is the type of thing that I was referring to. Carry on.

Easy homer relax your waders are in a knot...when was the pats last super bowl win??? That's what I was talking about....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course he knew what they did because he was their D coordinator the year before. Shame on Belichick to keep doing it after the memo came out, against the Jets and a creep like Mangini, who already tried to lure some coaches from NE. Bill cost himself 500k and worse , cost the team a first round draft pick

Of course after the fact mangini realized he was a rat and tried to play it down as I'm sure most in the league told him to shut up as the scandal made the whole league look bad. Integrity is huge otherwise you look like the WWE. But BB doing it against a tool like mangini was just arrogant beyond belief he just pushed it too far and cost your team a high pick.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick's like a good lawyer, you hate his guts unless he's representing you!

I've said all along that if I wasn't a Pats fan, I'd bust stones about spygate too. I just wouldn't convince myself of it like fin has.

True on BB.

Homer are you jekyll and hyde you'd bust stones if you weren't a pats fan but you wouldn't believe what you were saying? Better see a doctor.... There's nothing to be convinced about BB was caught and reprimanded heavily but he made the decision to use spygate for a reason and I'm sure it just wasn't for shits and giggles. Be rational man...and stop before you make yourself look real foolish.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course after the fact mangini realized he was a rat and tried to play it down as I'm sure most in the league told him to shut up as the scandal made the whole league look bad. Integrity is huge otherwise you look like the WWE. But BB doing it against a tool like mangini was just arrogant beyond belief he just pushed it too far and cost your team a high pick.

So I guess Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher and Herm Edwards also aren't to be believed?

face it, the same crap you say about Pats fans applies to you also. Just from the opposite perspective. You already hated the Pats because of their arrogant fans so no matter what logic anyone uses on spygate you will assume the worst.

Jimmy Johnson said he did the same thing before but it didn't help him. Cowher said it had little to do with their winning and Edwards said he knew about it and said nothing.

Sure Pats got something out of it but it wasn't the holy grail for winning football games you want to pretend.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher and Herm Edwards also aren't to be believed?

face it, the same crap you say about Pats fans applies to you also. Just from the opposite perspective. You already hated the Pats because of their arrogant fans so no matter what logic anyone uses on spygate you will assume the worst.

Jimmy Johnson said he did the same thing before but it didn't help him. Cowher said it had little to do with their winning and Edwards said he knew about it and said nothing.

Sure Pats got something out of it but it wasn't the holy grail for winning football games you want to pretend.

The integrity of the whole league was in jeopardy after this why do you think the tapes were destroyed? Of course they all downplayed spygate do you think anyone involved in the NFL wanted to make a bigger deal out of it than necessary? It was a black eye! Would you do this if you made your livelihood from football? Besides if what BB did was no big deal why were the tapes destroyed and how would anyone else really know to what extremes BB actually went to? It wasn't like the commish let it all out in detail but I tell you one thing it isn't logical for BB to risk everything for no gain.

No one ever said that the pats automatically won every game due to spygate but it had to have helped as they won 3 out of 4 super bowls then nothing after for ten years with some pretty damn good teams. Coincidence? I've been over this enough if you don't get it I can't help you....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy homer relax your waders are in a knot...when was the pats last super bowl win??? That's what I was talking about....

But that's not what you said.

350x.jpg

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The integrity of the whole league was in jeopardy after this why do you think the tapes were destroyed? Of course they all downplayed spygate do you think anyone involved in the NFL wanted to make a bigger deal out of it than necessary? It was a black eye! Would you do this if you made your livelihood from football? Besides if what BB did was no big deal why were the tapes destroyed and how would anyone else really know to what extremes BB actually went to? It wasn't like the commish let it all out in detail but I tell you one thing it isn't logical for BB to risk everything for no gain.

No one ever said that the pats automatically won every game due to spygate but it had to have helped as they won 3 out of 4 super bowls then nothing after for ten years with some pretty damn good teams. Coincidence? I've been over this enough if you don't get it I can't help you....

Good thing the league did show what was on the tapes. (the second press conference)

Also with the latest revelation in the Rice case, maybe the league can get the whole thing right and either return the pick, or fine the Dolphins and Jets (who were caught doing the same thing and not fined)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Herm knew all about it because he is on film waving to the Pats cameraman on the sidelines. This was of course before the 07 memo, so most didnt think it was a big deal. Like many posters on here said, Bill arrogance got the better of him, hurt the team with high pick loss and put a dark cloud over the team

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this high school sonny..haha...I'm not going to get into name dropping most should know what they're doing and this goes back to ESPN days too glad most of those pieces of work aren't on here. You are ok in my books sonny even if we don't happen to see eye to eye on some things.

No but its like me saying that all Miami players are cocky because of Mercury Morris running his mouth from something that happened in early 70's with a 14 game season . Let it go man

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not what you said.

350x.jpg

Homer the goal is the bowl! Sure it's nice to have a good record but I sure as hell don't beat my chest over that. Like Ricky Bobbie said second is last!:suds: