• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's it take to get a mercy post around here? :scratch:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clear something up here... ESPN has stated the Patriots Defense as ELITE... ESPN.... I haven't seen many Pats fans say the D or overall the Patriots are elite.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does. Not. Matter.

Taping signals is against the rules - and the Pats did it.

It helped them win titles.

Without the tapes not only have they not won anymore, but their playoff wins have dropped from 83% down to 50%.

When the Pats have to play it straight, they struggle.
I ASSume ....you had ''Y O U R'' bags packed [too] for new Orleans back in 2/02.....??

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clear something up here... ESPN has stated the Patriots Defense as ELITE... ESPN.... I haven't seen many Pats fans say the D or overall the Patriots are elite.

I admit it. I was very excited in the offseason. I saw Revis as a better and more reliable corner than Talib (who I really liked). So that and the return of Mayo and Wilfork made be think "Yeah this defense could be real good"

Welcome to the real world PatsFan... :gaah:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit it. I was very excited in the offseason. I saw Revis as a better and more reliable corner than Talib (who I really liked). So that and the return of Mayo and Wilfork made be think "Yeah this defense could be real good"

Welcome to the real world PatsFan... :gaah:

exactly... but you weren't calling them elite by any means... Just saying you thought they would be better than they showed on Sunday.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,......it's only been one fukken game [played] and the ~vultures~ are circling over-head,....it was a fkkn division-game down in hot/humid/fla....!,....we did lose to the jets and Miami last year [away/gms. too],....lets see how we do in minni. this sunday.....{+}....!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,......it's only been one fukken game [played] and the ~vultures~ are circling over-head,....it was a fkkn division-game down in hot/humid/fla....!,....we did lose to the jets and Miami last year [away/gms. too],....lets see how we do in minni. this sunday.....{+}....!

No kidding. It's actually gratifying in many ways. Even if the the Dolphins don't make it to the playoffs, this could be the highlight of their season.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly... but you weren't calling them elite by any means... Just saying you thought they would be better than they showed on Sunday.

I had fantasies that they could be one of the best Ds in the league. Emphasis on "could" . Pretty common thinking this time of year imo.

They still might be very good and *gasp* maybe even Elite by seasons end. But certainly the game on Sunday was way below that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had fantasies that they could be one of the best Ds in the league. Emphasis on "could" . Pretty common thinking this time of year imo.

They still might be very good and *gasp* maybe even Elite by seasons end. But certainly the game on Sunday was way below that.

Certainly was below that, clearly and it was very evident. :L:gaah:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The panic has largely come from Pats fans. This isn't easy for you and I understand that but it's time to start accepting the inevitable. Until you have an above-average QB and a plan, you're going nowhere fast.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were 29th against the run last year and currently 28th with Wilfork and Mayo back in, so getting better

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Vikings match up well with the Patriots of 2014 (1 game, I know). The Vikings can run the ball and get to the QB. Both are things Miami showed can beat the Patriots. Now, I'm still not sold on the Vikings secondary, so if Brady finds a rhythm it could prove to be a long day for the Vikings. I'm confident the Vikings will be able to keep enough pressure on Brady to prevent that from happening though.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor: After Urban Meyer restated his unwavering support of Aaron Hernandez' complete innocence of all charges, Robert Kraft has sought an unprecedented work furlough which will allow him to play home games.

"This shouldn't be seen as a sign of desperation in Foxboro" Kraft was overheard to say.

"Brady needs a receiver" has long been the cry of Patriots fans and it looks like he will be adding another one soon.

Sonny, thoughts? :noidea:

They should bring in some talent. Brady is the only QB that has taken 2 pay cuts to bring in some talent. Worked good when they brought Moss in. Brady is no#15 on QB's salary list. 14 QB's making more than him, because he is unselfish. That guy who has first and goal and throws 3 incompletions looking for stats(tds), instead of rb taking it in, should take a cue

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said. It's just one game. I do think the D will straighten itself out. How good is yet to be determined.

They were certainly rusty... Which baffles me... But then again the Dolphins played better. BB will get pissed and kick the D's butts during practice

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFCW 3-1 and AFCE 3-1 such a tough div that the Pats are in last place

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, can you confirm or deny reports that Aaron Hernandez is being driven to Foxboro practice by Robert Kraft at this time? :noidea:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Vikings match up well with the Patriots of 2014 (1 game, I know). The Vikings can run the ball and get to the QB. Both are things Miami showed can beat the Patriots. Now, I'm still not sold on the Vikings secondary, so if Brady finds a rhythm it could prove to be a long day for the Vikings. I'm confident the Vikings will be able to keep enough pressure on Brady to prevent that from happening though.

However... Brady needs time to throw the ball.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The panic has largely come from Pats fans. This isn't easy for you and I understand that but it's time to start accepting the inevitable. Until you have an above-average QB and a plan, you're going nowhere fast.

Yeah we need a QB that makes 4 t/o in the big games. We;ll settle for below avg Brady guy is a bargain at his pay compared to > .500 playoffs QB's making 5-7 mill a year more than him