• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not understood all the preseason hype when people are picking Super Bowl winners and they include New England. I just dont see how they improved to be considered for that.

On Paper, they had some nice additions and some returning starters. On Paper. They still have a good chance to win the division and get to the AFC championship. So it's as good a WAG as any.

Personally I feel the Patriots have no chance when analysts start picking them.

What do some people say? "Don't believe the hype"?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game doesn't mean anything. The Pats will rebound.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not understood all the preseason hype when people are picking Super Bowl winners and they include New England. I just dont see how they improved to be considered for that.
The national media loves Belichick.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were in decline last year. Nobody really noticed because the whole AFC was.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been in decline since SpyGate......If they can't cheat......They can't win...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll regroup and be ok. Wilfork needs to get back to old form and block up middle better, cant have a back running for 130 yards. They usually good for 1-2 losses in division so no panic. Lot of good teams looked horrible in second half besides NE. We'll know by midseason, who they really are

Not panicking at all. Just saying that it's not going to be as easy as people claim it to be. And I hated when all 64 people at ESPN picked the Patriots. It never goes the way they call it when these so called "experts" make their picks. I did expect a few loses within the division because it always happens.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not panicking at all. Just saying that it's not going to be as easy as people claim it to be. And I hated when all 64 people at ESPN picked the Patriots. It never goes the way they call it when these so called "experts" make their picks. I did expect a few loses within the division because it always happens.

Agreed.

The other AFC East teams like to lie and wait to pounce on the Patriots. No matter what that's makes their season. That's pretty much been Rex Ryan's MO since he got there. Now the Dolphins want to do the same.

What has always worked for the Patriots even when they've had some off years is that the Jets, Dolphins and Bills tend bleed each other with some losses as well.

Both Miami and the Jets tend to split with the Pats and even the Bills will pull the upset but in the long haul the Pats still end up with the best record because of that.

I think this team is better than their last game. But they do have to beat Minnesota and they could be a handful.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The other AFC East teams like to lie and wait to pounce on the Patriots. No matter what that's makes their season. That's pretty much been Rex Ryan's MO since he got there. Now the Dolphins want to do the same.

What has always worked for the Patriots even when they've had some off years is that the Jets, Dolphins and Bills tend bleed each other with some losses as well.

Both Miami and the Jets tend to split with the Pats and even the Bills will pull the upset but in the long haul the Pats still end up with the best record because of that.

I think this team is better than their last game. But they do have to beat Minnesota and they could be a handful.

Peterson is licking his chops right now! He is thinking he could get 250 yards+ this week.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is licking his chops right now! He is thinking he could get 250 yards+ this week.

I would find it hard to believe he won't have a good game. HOWEVER, who do you fear more Cassel at QB or Ryan Tannehill?

I guess another big question is how good is the Minnesota defense?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would find it hard to believe he won't have a good game. HOWEVER, who do you fear more Cassel at QB or Ryan Tannehill?

I guess another big question is how good is the Minnesota defense?

Well we saw what Tannehill did and now Cassel has a chip on his shoulders so the Patriots are screwed.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we saw what Tannehill did and now Cassel has a chip on his shoulders so the Patriots are screwed.

LOL. In the past we've certainly made many a scrub QB look good. I'm going to need to see Cassel light us up before I think we have problems in the secondary. Even with the Pats D focused on stopping Peterson and the run.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. In the past we've certainly made many a scrub QB look good. I'm going to need to see Cassel light us up before I think we have problems in the secondary. Even with the Pats D focused on stopping Peterson and the run.

Yup. this is true... they tend to do that

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would Cassell have a chip? If it wasn't for Brady having surgery and sitting out a season, Cassell would have never had that big contract with KC. Pats made Cassell, he took a 16-0 team and went 11-5 , missed the playoffs but that record was good enough. Plus Pioli, Weiss and Crennell took him there. Or do you mean, he wants to remain starter? Sunday was a good start, they trounced

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count on the Pats being done after 1 game opener on the road where they normally have a tough time.....And to say Brady is done, is just laughable.....
Sure he and Peyton are coming down home stretch, but it ain't today, they still have a few good yrs left, and I would never count either of them out of the race.....They're 1a and 1b and then there's the rest....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem very confident.