• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn... better record post spygate. More points per game post spygate. Made 4 AFCC and 2 SBs.

They lost the 2 SBs on a single play in both games.

Not surprised blind haters would try to make it only about winning the SB. It's a weak line of logic but I get the sense that is common place here based on this thread.

Honestly haven't seen much actual discussion. I see people that hate the Pats hoping the results of week one tells the story of 2014. Good luck with that.

You understand that disliking other teams is common in sports, right? :scratch: "Hating" the Patriots (or any other team in organized sports) is not against the rules and no one needs apologize for it.

As for "blind" I'd say Boston sports fans are the very textbook definition of the word.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw where some Pats fans that didn't like the thread coming in and taking shots and trying to derails.

It was meant to troll, so no big deal, but I don't want to see the Pats fans sit here and pretend like this is some sort of bullshit that no one else has to go through when they lose to a team they were supposed to beat.

I was actually expecting more crowing from Dolphin fans.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of their 4 losses last year were from division. Miami always plays them tough at home. No need to panic . Look Pitt had their hands full with division Browns

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or we could just simplfy this and just say

Patriots scored 20 points in the 1st half and 0 in the second.

Tail of two halfs, which is an all too common theme for New England

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn... better record post spygate. More points per game post spygate. Made 4 AFCC and 2 SBs.

They lost the 2 SBs on a single play in both games.

Not surprised blind haters would try to make it only about winning the SB. It's a weak line of logic but I get the sense that is common place here based on this thread.

Lost on a single play? The same people who say Brady is the GOAT because of his Super Bowls are saying that it is illogical to base our knowledge on their lack of SB wins.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost on a single play? The same people who say Brady is the GOAT because of his Super Bowls are saying that it is illogical to base our knowledge on their lack of SB wins.

Those were the two plays that stand out the most in the Patriots two loses. Hence why they are always brought up... Bottom line - the Offense and Defense didn't do enough to win those games and as a result the Patriots lost. Time to move on from those...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 4 AFCG in a row is in decline, I'll take that. Too early to panic

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ Pats fans daring to use the word "illogical." :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 4 AFCG in a row is in decline, I'll take that. Too early to panic

Sonny, when you guys lose to Rex we'll be relying on you to keep the panicking among the Foxboro faithful on SportsHoopla to a minimum!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, when you guys lose to Rex we'll be relying on you to keep the panicking among the Foxboro faithful on SportsHoopla to a minimum!

it would weed out the "bandwagon Patriots fans"...

but the Patriots really do need to play better in all 3 phases of the game (and YES... I am getting sick of hearing ONLY that from BB)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would weed out the "bandwagon Patriots fans"...

but the Patriots really do need to play better in all 3 phases of the game (and YES... I am getting sick of hearing ONLY that from BB)

Is there such a thing as a bandwagon Pats fan since they haven't won anything in the last decade? :noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely HD congrats on Tenn big win btw. I think AFC is wide open and anybody's to win. Last year they lost to Miami and Jets and went 8-2 outside division. Thats what happens when you play in a tough division. Both Raiders and Chicago found that out yesterday, Pats only 1 to lose and in last place. Only div that had a better record in AFC was North and it was close. South and West are weak

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely HD congrats on Tenn big win btw. I think AFC is wide open and anybody's to win. Last year they lost to Miami and Jets and went 8-2 outside division. Thats what happens when you play in a tough division. Both Raiders and Chicago found that out yesterday, Pats only 1 to lose and in last place. Only div that had a better record in AFC was North and it was close. South and West are weak

every team in the Division has the momentum... Patriots not so much.... Isn't going to be an easy road for the Patriots.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the ONLY thing you have is they lost the SB yes. It isn't winning percentage because that has been better post spygate. Isn't lack of making it deep into the playoffs. Played in 4 AFCCs and 2 SBs. Isn't even Brady's overall play. His "bad" 2013 was a good QB year by any fair standard.

So again David Tyree doesn't catch a ball on his head you have No argument. So yes tell me about logic again.

Oh and want the main reason why they haven't won a title since 2004? The play makers on defense got old and they didn't replace them. Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, Harrison and Mcginest. They weren't just good players. They made big stops at bug moments. They got too old to make those plays consistently by 2005 and rest is history.

Again Pats offense didn't play great in either SB they lost. Yet both games gave them the lead on the final drive.

But why discuss facts with people with the logic of a 5 year old. Clearly this is mostly a "my team rules and your team sucks" board. Reminds me of KFFL board in the mid 2000s. We weeded them out with only a couple of "you guys" left. Now we have to start over in the kiddie pool...awesome.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team in the Division has the momentum... Patriots not so much.... Isn't going to be an easy road for the Patriots.

They'll regroup and be ok. Wilfork needs to get back to old form and block up middle better, cant have a back running for 130 yards. They usually good for 1-2 losses in division so no panic. Lot of good teams looked horrible in second half besides NE. We'll know by midseason, who they really are

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not understood all the preseason hype when people are picking Super Bowl winners and they include New England. I just dont see how they improved to be considered for that.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not understood all the preseason hype when people are picking Super Bowl winners and they include New England. I just dont see how they improved to be considered for that.

I doubt they make the SB but they went 12-4 and made the AFCC without Gronk on offense and half their key defenders out for the 2nd half of the season. Those guys are all healthy and they replace Talib with Revis.

may not end up better than last year but hard to expect them to be worse. Highly doubt they will be any worse. So far they lost the same game they did last year ( at Mia).

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They said the same thing about GB and NO too. Both D's gave up a lot of points