• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you grade QBs on. TDs? 8 others throw for more. Yardage 5 threw for more. Pass percentage, a boat load, but many didn't play every game, so throw that one out. I kind of like how many TDs as one of the big stats, but you got to include other stats to some degree also.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you grade QBs on. TDs? 8 others throw for more. Yardage 5 threw for more. Pass percentage, a boat load, but many didn't play every game, so throw that one out. I kind of like how many TDs as one of the big stats, but you got to include other stats to some degree also.

I like to look at TD/INT ratio, completion %, QB rating, and YPA.

Several QBs beat Brady in all of these last year: Manning, Brees, Rivers, Wilson and Foles. And there may be more.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not normally one to give too much credit for a QB winning games, but seriously, can you name 10 other Patriots players that played in the AFCCG against the Broncos besides Brady? I highly doubt it. No Brady, no winning for the Patriots. Just a clear fact to me. Based on that alone, there are not 5 QBs in this league better than him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not normally one to give too much credit for a QB winning games, but seriously, can you name 10 other Patriots players that played in the AFCCG against the Broncos besides Brady? I highly doubt it. No Brady, no winning for the Patriots. Just a clear fact to me. Based on that alone, there are not 5 QBs in this league better than him.

I think you will see some of the young guys trending to the top 5. Luck is going to have R. Wayne back to go with Hilton, plus they drafted some good WRs, so he's going to have a slew of WRs this year. Foles going into his second year in Chip Kellys system should put up some great #s. Russell Wilson has a healthy Harvin, a speedster in Richardson to add to what they had last year minus Tate. I feel his #s are going up also, although he won't have the yardage others have, running a offense that is geared to run the ball, but he'll put up more TDs for sure IMO.

As for Brady, the big excuse for a down year was no receivers, but really they are bringing back the same crew. Gronk being the one difference, but will he be 100% and will he stay healthy. He hasn't lately.

I also expect to see some of the old dogs start showing their age a bit, not a ton, but a bit at least.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see some of the young guys trending to the top 5. Luck is going to have R. Wayne back to go with Hilton, plus they drafted some good WRs, so he's going to have a slew of WRs this year. Foles going into his second year in Chip Kellys system should put up some great #s. Russell Wilson has a healthy Harvin, a speedster in Richardson to add to what they had last year minus Tate. I feel his #s are going up also, although he won't have the yardage others have, running a offense that is geared to run the ball, but he'll put up more TDs for sure IMO.

As for Brady, the big excuse for a down year was no receivers, but really they are bringing back the same crew. Gronk being the one difference, but will he be 100% and will he stay healthy. He hasn't lately.

I also expect to see some of the old dogs start showing their age a bit, not a ton, but a bit at least.

I think just natural development and regression is in play too. Over the past 3-4 years there has been a huge influx of young QB talent. And the third year of a QB starting is generally the biggest step in development, IMO at least. Combine that with most of the "elite" QBs being in their mid-late 30s and this could definitely be the year that several torches are passed. Personally I think some were passed last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just natural development and regression is in play too. Over the past 3-4 years there has been a huge influx of young QB talent. And the third year of a QB starting is generally the biggest step in development, IMO at least. Combine that with most of the "elite" QBs being in their mid-late 30s and this could definitely be the year that several torches are passed. Personally I think some were passed last year.

I couldn't agree more .

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how the top 4 are debatable. Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. You can argue their order, but to say you feel better about your chances at a SB with any other QB is pretty insane if you ask me.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10? 10? 10 other players on one team?

I don't think I could do that for any team in the NFL other than the Seahawks. San Fran is probably next on the list and I think I could name maybe 8 off the top of my head. If you take out the ones in trouble with the law and have been in the news all off-season than maybe 5.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10? 10? 10 other players on one team?

I don't think I could do that for any team in the NFL other than the Seahawks. San Fran is probably next on the list and I think I could name maybe 8 off the top of my head. If you take out the ones in trouble with the law and have been in the news all off-season than maybe 5.

What I mean is that there weren't any memorable, elite players on that Patriots team playing in the AFCCG minus Brady. I should've known that most people don't follow the game close enough to know every team well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is over 12 hrs old and Sonny hasn't checked in. Somebody call the local hospitals! :shocked:

Sorry guys I was out looking for Squatch still no sign of him and the Kap incident

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

91 targets and only 53 receptions? Sure it's not the QB???

"Brady hit them right in the hands and they kept dropping the ball"

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I want to get you on record right now.

Yes or No?

Is there a single reason the Patriots shouldn't win the Super Bowl this season?

Yes or No, Sonny? I don't want to hear your fuckin Patriots fans talking Super Bowl and then 5 min into the season start up with your excuses.

if you got any excuses, I wanna hear 'em now.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I want to get you on record right now.

Yes or No?

Is there a single reason the Patriots shouldn't win the Super Bowl this season?

Yes or No, Sonny? I don't want to hear your fuckin Patriots fans talking Super Bowl and then 5 min into the season start up with your excuses.

if you got any excuses, I wanna hear 'em now.
amen

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just what I thought. Sonny came in, read my post and left.

You're scared, Sonny. :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Brady needs targets. He's got no one to throw to."