• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only being halfway serious. But serious question; would you take Brady for one season or Wilson?

For the Seahawks? Wilson without question. Brady would melt like butter in the NFC west. I shudder to think of Brady behind the Seahawks OL facing the 49ers, Rams and Card. He would just retire.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 17 full seasons, Peyton has had 3 years under 90 qb rating (17 %)

In 12 full seasons, Brady has had 5 years under 90 qb rating (41 %)

Rodgers has never been under 90 for a full year. Brees only 3 times. Big Ben only twice. Russell Wilson 0 times under 100!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Seahawks? Wilson without question. Brady would melt like butter in the NFC west. I shudder to think of Brady behind the Seahawks OL facing the 49ers, Rams and Card. He would just retire.

Russell's brilliance in the pocket last year (evading pressure, creating time, scrambling) masked a lot of flaws on the Seahawk's O-line.

Brady would not have survived playing behind our O-line and throwing to our WRs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I posed that question because I just knew you'd chime in. To me it's still Rodgers then Brady. Taking into account the talent level across the board. JMHO

If you were looking at last year in a vacuum, forget about names on the jerseys.... Who was better?

Now, think about which one of those guys is young and ascending.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally disagree. Brady is able to make quick decisions. He would've faired better for the Niners than the Hawks but if he were the QB of the Broncos in the Super Bowl, the results would've been much different. I would still take Seattle but the game would've been much closer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's brilliance in the pocket last year (evading pressure, creating time, scrambling) masked a lot of flaws on the Seahawk's O-line.

Brady would not have survived playing behind our O-line and throwing to our WRs.

Brady would of ended up on the IR playing for the Seahawks last year.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were looking at last year in a vacuum, forget about names on the jerseys.... Who was better?

Now, think about which one of those guys is young and ascending.

That's too difficult to say. Who had the better receiving corps and running game, between the two? And don't forget defense and starting field position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. Brady is able to make quick decisions. He would've faired better for the Niners than the Hawks but if he were the QB of the Broncos in the Super Bowl, the results would've been much different. I would still take Seattle but the game would've been much closer.

The problem wasn't about quick decisions for Wilson, it was that the pass rusher were in his face much sooner then his receivers getting open. Brady would of got killed.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady can make quick decisions but behind our line and with our wrs who constantly got jammed, his only decision would be to throw it away.

On a team like the 49ers with that big offensive line and weapons like Vernon Davis, Boldin, Crabs...you would definitely take Brady over Russell.

But given the state of the Seahawk's O-line and our smaller wrs, I would take Russell over Brady

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady can make quick decisions but behind our line and with our wrs who constantly got jammed, his only decision would be to throw it away.

On a team like the 49ers with that big offensive line and weapons like Vernon Davis, Boldin, Crabs...you would definitely take Brady over Russell.

But given the state of the Seahawk's O-line and our smaller wrs, I would take Russell over Brady

That was kinda my point. Russell is the perfect QB for the Hawks.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too difficult to say. Who had the better receiving corps and running game, between the two? And don't forget defense and starting field position.

Receiving core? Tell me you didn't hear this from Pats fans before the season last year, "Brady led the league in TDs in 02 with Brown and Patten as his leading receivers, he can make it work with any group". As far as a comparison between the 2 teams? Seattle may have a slight edge, but it's not like Wilson is working with Denver's receiving core. The difference isn't nearly big enough to excuse a future HOFer for being outplayed.

Running game? Brady hasn't had a great running game for most of his career, why should lack of one be an excuse now? Especially considering that although it's not as good as Seattle's run game, it was still one of the better run games that he's had.

Defense? Wont argue that.

But starting field position? Seattle was 3rd in the league, New England was 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait for it, here it comes...

"He needs some talent around him."

:L

You say that like he had a plethora of weapons. Gronk was injured, Hernandez was done unexpectedly and Welker left town. He was working with 2rookie Wrs and a rookie TE all year. His top targets were a small unathletic (by nfl standards) white guy and Vereen, a rb that was deeply entrenched in a rb committee. Going from two probowl calibre TEs and a pro bowl calibre WR to what he had last year was a humongous downgrade. Trying to act like Patriots fans will use this as an excuse doesn't change the fact that it happened and was a big reason for Brady's bad year. And in Brady's down year, he still gets to the AFC Championship. Let's actually consider the facts and not act like Brady hating morons.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like he had a plethora of weapons. Gronk was injured, Hernandez was done unexpectedly and Welker left town. He was working with 2rookie Wrs and a rookie TE all year. His top targets were a small unathletic (by nfl standards) white guy and Vereen, a rb that was deeply entrenched in a rb committee. Going from two probowl calibre TEs and a pro bowl calibre WR to what he had last year was a humongous downgrade. Trying to act like Patriots fans will use this as an excuse doesn't change the fact that it happened and was a big reason for Brady's bad year. And in Brady's down year, he still gets to the AFC Championship. Let's actually consider the facts and not act like Brady hating morons.

:clap:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hammer is not acting like a "Brady hating moron" LOL

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lack of receivers was the problem? However this year he's making a comeback? What has change besides Gronk being back ( At a100 percent? For how long?), doesn't he have the same group of receivers this year?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady last year had 25 TDs and 11 Ints. Are you guys saying being over 2:1 TD to Int ratio is a down year? That's an unbelievable down year then.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady last year had 25 TDs and 11 Ints. Are you guys saying being over 2:1 TD to Int ratio is a down year? That's an unbelievable down year then.

Saying he wasn't top 5 last year and will not be this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's still a very good year. If he was a rookie, he would have won ROY with those numbers. But as far as elite standards go, it's not up to par.

Last 5 years:
34.5 TDs / 9 INTs
8 YPA
105.7 QB rating

Last year:
25 TDs / 11 TDs
6.9 YPA
87.3 QB rating

Last year was respectable, but it's still a down year.