• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that Brady is behind Rogers and Brees and slightly ahead of Peyton and Luck.

Brady's lower than expected performance in 2013 was due primarily to two factors. (1) Injuries to every starter on the offensive line. At the end of the season and into the playoffs, not one OL was playing in his position and three starters were on IR. (2) Only WR who didn't miss at least 3 games was Edelman and he had over 100 catches. Basically the only target available week in and week out.

For those who think he's over the hill.......he's been working out daily at Foxboro. He's spending hours working on hius movement in the pocket and moving out of the pocket. He says he doesn't want to put himself into the position he was in last year where he started ducking because he was late moving around.

Prediction: 5200 yards passing 46 TDs.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that Brady is behind Rogers and Brees and slightly ahead of Peyton and Luck.

Brady's lower than expected performance in 2013 was due primarily to two factors. (1) Injuries to every starter on the offensive line. At the end of the season and into the playoffs, not one OL was playing in his position and three starters were on IR. (2) Only WR who didn't miss at least 3 games was Edelman and he had over 100 catches. Basically the only target available week in and week out.

For those who think he's over the hill.......he's been working out daily at Foxboro. He's spending hours working on hius movement in the pocket and moving out of the pocket. He says he doesn't want to put himself into the position he was in last year where he started ducking because he was late moving around.

Prediction: 5200 yards passing 46 TDs.

Cliffnotes: "If Brady only had receivers and an OL." :L

Truly beyond belief.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliffnotes: "If Brady only had receivers and an OL." :L

Truly beyond belief.

Do you think he had a offensive line and receivers you'd be happy to have starting for your team?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady makes his o-line and receivers better, until he doesn't, then it's on them.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is just trying to stir some sports intrest. I hate brady but he's still elite and is one of the top 4 with Brees, Rogers and Manning. What's a more interesting question is he a top fantasy QB. My top 5 Fantasy QBs for this upcoming season is:
1. Manning
2. Rogers
3. Brees
4. Stafford
5. Luck

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is saying Brady is no longer top 5 that radical? They didn't say he was washed up and worthless, just not in the top 5. Heck, I agree with them. We will find out next season I guess.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is saying Brady is no longer top 5 that radical? They didn't say he was washed up and worthless, just not in the top 5. Heck, I agree with them. We will find out next season I guess.

We found out last season in convincing fashion, Harold. Hell, even Pats homers on SportsHoopla admitted that he couldn't hit wide-open receivers after hanging out in the pocket his dominant OL created for him. But it's almost time to start getting excited again so they're going to forget that real quick.

Just LOL @ Ken putting Brady ahead of Manning. :L Utter nonsense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely close to the top 5 but that guy is going to be 37 by the start of this season. He didn't have a lot of weps but he still has a great O-Line and the schedule wasn't super hard. I think age is just catching up with him. Brady's throwing motion always had a gunner style (deep/launching) so once his arm deteriorates a bit I think it'll hurt him more than Manning who was a quick style thrower. Manning is more on par with a Marino/Montana who had a punch style throw which favors short quick passes. Manning suffered on the deeper balls this year which is no surprise.

Rodgers/Brees/Rivers/Manning (because of his pass style) still rank ahead of him IMO. #5 is a tough one. There's so many tied for #5 and IMO Brady is kind of a T-5th kind of guy. Not sure I could put a clear cut #5 in there at this point.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady makes his o-line and receivers better, until he doesn't, then it's on them.

I don't know, I was always of the opinion that it takes 2 to tango. But any qb that has a constant rotation of targets that are unfamiliar with the offense or just not that talented to begin with and there are going to be struggles. The difference between the great ones like Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees and the rest is they still find ways to win a lot of games. Not all, but a lot. They still made the post season last year, to the 2nd round. Lesser QB's dont even sniff that post season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We found out last season in convincing fashion, Harold. Hell, even Pats homers on SportsHoopla admitted that he couldn't hit wide-open receivers after hanging out in the pocket his dominant OL created for him. But it's almost time to start getting excited again so they're going to forget that real quick.

Just LOL @ Ken putting Brady ahead of Manning. :L Utter nonsense.

Yeah but some folks are always behind the curve Hammer. Maybe a repeat performance will convince them, but most likely still hear the same old same old.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he's top 1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he'll get a receiver this year, though. He can't throw the ball to himself.

We will see. One thing he has going for him is that the AFC really doesn't have teams that play defense or at least not very well.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. One thing he has going for him is that the AFC really doesn't have teams that play defense or at least not very well.

I'm only being halfway serious. But serious question; would you take Brady for one season or Wilson?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only being halfway serious. But serious question; would you take Brady for one season or Wilson?

This year? Wilson, no hesitation. He was better last year.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? Wilson, no hesitation. He was better last year.

Lol, I posed that question because I just knew you'd chime in. To me it's still Rodgers then Brady. Taking into account the talent level across the board. JMHO