• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a notable year for Tom in the end. Not sharp in his deep throws. I suspect changes next year. His window is probably 3 years now max.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that most of the Patriot fans on this board have been nothing but a class act especially in defeat. Yes like said above there are those few but for the most part my hats off to Patriot fans and the way they have handled this season of controversy.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, please inform me of the threads and posters that have said the Patriots lost because of injuries!

Patriots lost because the Broncos OUTPLAYED, OUT COACHED and OUT WORKED the Patriots plain and simple!

A Little thing called "home field advantage" didn't hurt either.... and the Broncos earned it.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots, Colts & Packers were absolutely bombarded with injuries this year. It's a reasonable explanation. That's not to say they would've won with all their guys on IR / Talib, but it sure didn't help.

In 2010 no team was more injured than the Packers.

In 2008 the Steelers were among the most injured teams as well.

It's not easy to over come but you CAN do it.

The Pats lost this game in the offseason. Losing Welker to the Broncos, and losing Hernandez to prison (now THAT'S a thug!) hurt their TE position more than they could make up. Injuries did play their part but that's part of the game. No one is injury free this time of year.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look further down in this forum. This has been covered at least 100000000000 times.

make that 1000000000001 :suds:

yeah, but it never gets old

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots, Colts & Packers were absolutely bombarded with injuries this year. It's a reasonable explanation. That's not to say they would've won with all their guys on IR / Talib, but it sure didn't help.

Let's not forget that Denver has dealt with injuries this year, too. They've got 5 defensive starters on IR.

Injuries are what they are. That's why you need depth to win a Super Bowl.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty cool. If he didnt have those injuries to slow his career, he could have very well been on his way to being possibly the greatest back ever. He was that good.

I watched him doing an ab workout about a year ago where he laid on an incline bench with a 45 lb ion his chest and did about 200 situps. Jaws were dropping all over the gym.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes. I must admit I was not sold on Mike Tomlin especially with his cover 2 philosophy. Tomlin might be a good motivator, but he needs to grow as a coach, seriously. Yea, he's been to two SBs but some things he does just does not make sense at times.

I likeTomlin, but Ben's ability to keep plays alive and make something from nothing and the D got us to those two SBs, I dont think it was so much anything Tomlin did.

I worship the ground Mike Tomlin walks on. The guy is virtually perfect; a prototypical head coach. Honestly if I had to choose between him and BB, it'd be close.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Whisenhunt and Locker, Locker will definitely improve as a QB and the Titans offense will certainly improve. CJ said he wanted to be used right, Whisenhunt is gonna make u famous. He is a very good balanced offensive mind.

Well, thats if Locker stays.

I love Whisenhunt but me and allot of other fans are very concerned that he's going to have Jake on too short of a leash. And shut your mouth about CJ; he's going to cut his ass and don't pretend otherwise. CJ and his "use me" bullshit really pisses fans off. He runs behind an above-average OL and the only thing that's changed since his breakout seasons is his franchise-crippling contract. By virtually any standard, CJ has been a total waste of money.
We had LeGarrette fucking Blount and cut him!!! :gaah:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is of note that if the Broncos lose the SB, Pats fans will not descend upon this site with multiple threads bashing Manning.

You dull witted cockroaches have all come out of the walls...but would still be in hiding if the Pats won.

There is nothing to bash. You would if you could. Simple as that. If God designed a perfect QB, it would be 2013 Peyton Manning. And that KILLS you Patriots fans because your go-to debating points to glorify Tom Brady and bash Peyton Manning are now irrelevant and proven for the absurd horseshit all non-brainwashed football fans always knew they were.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Denver has dealt with injuries this year, too. They've got 5 defensive starters on IR.

Injuries are what they are. That's why you need depth to win a Super Bowl.

Injuries only affect the Patriots. Didn't you know? :wtf:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, please inform me of the threads and posters that have said the Patriots lost because of injuries!

Patriots lost because the Broncos OUTPLAYED, OUT COACHED and OUT WORKED the Patriots plain and simple!

Do you understand that there are about a dozen Patriots fans here and MILLIONS who aren't?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand that there are about a dozen Patriots fans here and MILLIONS who aren't?

I do but people are claiming these fans are on this board as well and have said it on THIS board. To which I say SHOW ME where they on HERE are saying it

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do but people are claiming these fans are on this board as well and have said it on THIS board. To which I say SHOW ME where they on HERE are saying it

Briz and BigKen are two on here that have been claiming injury as the reason the Patriots are not Super Bowl Champs this year. The vast majority though obviously don't feel this way and know injuries are just part of the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz and BigKen are two on here that have been claiming injury as the reason the Patriots are not Super Bowl Champs this year. The vast majority though obviously don't feel this way and know injuries are just part of the game.

see was that show hard to just say this ^^^ instead? I haven't seen those two post about it (granted i haven't looked for it) but I will now

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good place to start would be on the NE Board on the 2nd page there is a page geared towards Gronk out with ACL where some of them talk about the Patriots being so hurt that they can't compete for a Super Bowl. It was that conversation that caused me to leave the Patriots board for a while as I did not want to come across as a Troll and thought I was just trying to have a nice conversation with an opposing team's fans. I admit maybe I came across a little strong just passionate about football and especially my Broncos.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worship the ground Mike Tomlin walks on. The guy is virtually perfect; a prototypical head coach. Honestly if I had to choose between him and BB, it'd be close.

I actually think this was one of Mike's best years. I know it sounds funny to say that but think about it....

He lost key positions in the offseason: WR, OLB, NT, RB and then lost Pouncey in the first week. We were going to get off to a slow start while water found it's own level. We started 0-4. Lots of teams would have given up and/or layed up for a better draft pick.

Mike kept this team together and despite starting 0-4, we won 8 of our last 12 (3 of every 4) and 6 of our last 8. Had the ref in the KC/SD game made the right call, we would have made the post season. We finished BUCK strong and I expect to pick up where we left off this coming year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good place to start would be on the NE Board on the 2nd page there is a page geared towards Gronk out with ACL where some of them talk about the Patriots being so hurt that they can't compete for a Super Bowl. It was that conversation that caused me to leave the Patriots board for a while as I did not want to come across as a Troll and thought I was just trying to have a nice conversation with an opposing team's fans. I admit maybe I came across a little strong just passionate about football and especially my Broncos.

It certainly didn't help not having Gronk in this game but even IF the Pats had him I really don't think they would have beaten the Broncos. They (broncos) kicked the Patriots rears on every phase of the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly didn't help not having Gronk in this game but even IF the Pats had him I really don't think they would have beaten the Broncos. They (broncos) kicked the Patriots rears on every phase of the game.

The Broncos definitely played better than I ever thought they could against a BB lead team. Gronk to me is the scariest player in the NFL when healthy. He is a decent blocker and even double coverage that guy just seems to catch everything thrown his direction. I don't know why Brady looks to throw it to anybody but him in a game.

Anyway if Manning comes back for another year it should lead to another classic Brady and Manning fighting for a Super Bowl run once again. I fully expect it to be the Broncos and Patriots fighting for the crown once again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway if Manning comes back for another year it should lead to another classic Brady and Manning fighting for a Super Bowl run once again. I fully expect it to be the Broncos and Patriots fighting for the crown once again.

I'm wondering if the Broncos win the Super Bowl (regardless of his kneck) if Manning retires. But yes if he does come back next year is going to be very fun!