• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway if Manning comes back for another year it should lead to another classic Brady and Manning fighting for a Super Bowl run once again. I fully expect it to be the Broncos and Patriots fighting for the crown once again.

I'm wondering if the Broncos win the Super Bowl (regardless of his kneck) if Manning retires. But yes if he does come back next year is going to be very fun!

All signs point to the upcoming Super Bowl having no bearing on whether he comes back or not. Manning himself has said a Doctor's appointment in March is the deciding factor at this point and with how he played this year I don't see how the doctor will find any kind of damage.

Throw in the Broncos Offensive Coordinator passed up a head coaching job to come back for one more year with Manning. Not sure he passes up that opportunity unless he thinks Manning is coming back. We shall see though.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cheatriots lost by failing to score more points than their opponents. The rest is whining.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm wondering if the Broncos win the Super Bowl (regardless of his kneck) if Manning retires. But yes if he does come back next year is going to be very fun!

I don't think that Manning would retire if the Broncos win the SB. He is obviously still playing very well. He said that Elway heading the Broncos FO was instrumental in his decision to sign with Denver, which I think includes trying to at least match the way Johnny Bronco ended his playing career.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to the upcoming Super Bowl having no bearing on whether he comes back or not. Manning himself has said a Doctor's appointment in March is the deciding factor at this point and with how he played this year I don't see how the doctor will find any kind of damage.

Throw in the Broncos Offensive Coordinator passed up a head coaching job to come back for one more year with Manning. Not sure he passes up that opportunity unless he thinks Manning is coming back. We shall see though.

Yeah I do remember him mentioning that. And I hadn't thought of the Elway angle either so points are leading to yes. Especially considering this year he had felt no pain or anything like that with his kneck? right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do remember him mentioning that. And I hadn't thought of the Elway angle either so points are leading to yes. Especially considering this year he had felt no pain or anything like that with his kneck? right?

Only injury he has really had this year that nagged him was he sprained both of his ankles in the Jaguars game. That was one of those games I was almost hoping the Broncos would just pull Manning at because early and often the Jaguars would just dive at Peyton's knees and well they didn't end his season but they definitely left him hurting for about a month. I could see him maybe needing either some rehab or possibly a minor surgery on one of his ankles after the season.

As for hits that could have hurt his neck honestly I can only remember a few big hits this year that had me cringing. Peyton really went untouched most of the year.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On any given sunday, a 1 and 14 team can beat a 14 and 1 team. And the only excuse is they were the better team today. They played better than we did.
After the game, all of us armchair types can analyze nit pick and choose our scapegoat for the day.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were the most injured team in football this season. That, all the holding and grabbing and the bad calls by the refs are the only reasons we lost in Foxoboro.

:rolleyes2::pout::bawling:

:L The Colts got run over. Give it up.

Edit: I think my sarcasm meter might have broke there, if so transfer the :L over to me

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning = NFL's Lebron James, Brady = Michael Jordan. Brady will always be the best real QB in NFL history. Peyton will be the best bandwagon QB right next to Favre. Hats off to both of them. Not everyone is good enough to stay with the same team forever and still win multiple championships like Jordan and Brady, so it's not a slam on Peyton that he had to bandwagon to stay relevant. Just a fact.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning = NFL's Lebron James, Brady = Michael Jordan. Brady will always be the best real QB in NFL history. Peyton will be the best bandwagon QB right next to Favre. Hats off to both of them. Not everyone is good enough to stay with the same team forever and still win multiple championships like Jordan and Brady, so it's not a slam on Peyton that he had to bandwagon to stay relevant. Just a fact.

LOL You clearly don't know what a "fact" is. You also use "bandwagon" in a way that differs from its traditional meaning.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<------ Please see my avatar.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Colts basically chose Luck over Manning. What do you suggest Manning should have done even though he still wanted to play football? This should be good.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots lost because they couldn't stop the Broncos offense. It's that simple. Time of possession said it all. Every team has injuries at this point of the season. It's not an excuse, it's a copout & something the Patriots organization would never do. So if their fans feel this way I'm a bit surprised.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Young was on the Bucs the won it all on the 49ers. Jerry Rice and Joe Montana finished there careers somewhere else. Reggie White went from the Eagles to the Packers. Thanks for posting stupidity but thats what I guess I should expect from a Lions fan.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um...if you're using championships to judge how great QB's are....

Terry Bradshaw is better than Tom Brady. 4>3.

In which case Terry is also equal to Joe Montana, and better than Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, etc.

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only injury he has really had this year that nagged him was he sprained both of his ankles in the Jaguars game. That was one of those games I was almost hoping the Broncos would just pull Manning at because early and often the Jaguars would just dive at Peyton's knees and well they didn't end his season but they definitely left him hurting for about a month. I could see him maybe needing either some rehab or possibly a minor surgery on one of his ankles after the season.

As for hits that could have hurt his neck honestly I can only remember a few big hits this year that had me cringing. Peyton really went untouched most of the year.

hmm.. don't remember hearing about the ankles. Interesting. Yeah Peyton's OL certainly kept him upright

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm.. don't remember hearing about the ankles. Interesting. Yeah Peyton's OL certainly kept him upright

It was a big deal for about a month as he had to miss some practice time and pretty much had a glorified cast trying to protect both of his ankles. There is a picture that circulated for quite a while of Peyton with his helmet on watching his Ipad with his ankle in a whirlpool. From what I understand Peyton didn't want to miss what was happening on the practice field so he had them stream practice live to his Ipad then he had his helmet on so he could listen to his OC Gase give all the plays. It was actually pretty comical to watch.

The ankles though look perfectly fine and the major taping jobs they were doing have become less and less. Again don't think he will actually need surgery just a month or two off of them to fully get them back up. Maybe a minor surgery to help clean them up or something.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz and BigKen are two on here that have been claiming injury as the reason the Patriots are not Super Bowl Champs this year. The vast majority though obviously don't feel this way and know injuries are just part of the game.
dont forget that in Briz's mind, the Bronco's were playing their Superbowl. To that end, I am happy to know that the Bronco's have already won the Superbowl, and that next weeks game is a meaningless show.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a big deal for about a month as he had to miss some practice time and pretty much had a glorified cast trying to protect both of his ankles. There is a picture that circulated for quite a while of Peyton with his helmet on watching his Ipad with his ankle in a whirlpool. From what I understand Peyton didn't want to miss what was happening on the practice field so he had them stream practice live to his Ipad then he had his helmet on so he could listen to his OC Gase give all the plays. It was actually pretty comical to watch.

The ankles though look perfectly fine and the major taping jobs they were doing have become less and less. Again don't think he will actually need surgery just a month or two off of them to fully get them back up. Maybe a minor surgery to help clean them up or something.

Hmm.. Never saw those... That's pretty cool how he did that....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.. Never saw those... That's pretty cool how he did that....

OH also you might want to go tell your boy NEHomer he might just want to calm down with his homerism. I thought he had been doing pretty good but he seemed to have a break down earlier today saying that New England's injuries and BB and the NFL wanting to be nice to Manning is the only reason they won.