• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

Cripes...glad to hear that!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...if you're using championships to judge how great QB's are....

Terry Bradshaw is better than Tom Brady. 4>3.

In which case Terry is also equal to Joe Montana, and better than Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, etc.

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?

Otto Graham = best QB of all time. LOL!
Brady wouldn't even be in the top 5QBs if rings were the definition of the greatest.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Graham = best QB of all time. LOL!
Brady wouldn't even be in the top 5QBs if rings were the definition of the greatest.

Which begs the argument that, were championships easier to win with less teams?

My point was that using Lombardi's as a yardstick by which one gauges QB's is not a good idea.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart Starr actually has 5 NFL/Super Bowl championships though.

and he played in 6 if I'm not mistaken ?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starr was a 17th round draft choice of the Green Bay Packers in 1956. Three years later, his playing time was still limited and his football future appeared in doubt. That’s when Vince Lombardi took over as the Packers coach, an event that may have saved Bart's NFL career. Lombardi, in tireless study of films, found that he liked Bart's mechanics, his arm, his ball-handling techniques and, most of all, his decision-making abilities. Under Vince's careful nurturing, Starr gained the confidence to become one of the NFL's great field leaders. By 1960, Starr led Green Bay to the Western Division championship, the first in a long string of successes for Starr and the Packers. From 1960 through 1967, Bart's "won-lost record" was a sizzling 62-24-4 and the Packers won six divisional, five NFL, and the first two Super Bowl championships. Although Starr seemed to receive minimal personal recognition for the team’s successes, knowledgeable football men knew who was making the Packers click. He was the perfect quarterback for his team. Because it was a balanced attack that he led, Starr's passes were limited – remarkably, he never threw as many as 300 passes in any one season. This may have helped to create the illusion that he was only an average passer. The statistics, of course, do not bear this out. Starr held several NFL passing records, including the lifetime record of completing 57.4 percent of his passes over a 16-year period. He led the league in passing three times. He was the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1966. He won MVP honors in both Super Bowls I and II. Bart was at his best in his many postseason appearances. After their first title loss to Philadelphia in 1960, the Packers never lost another playoff game under Starr. - See more at: Hall of Famers » BART STARR

:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't predict how people will react, but I do think "Pats fans excuses" angle is a bit overplayed. Every team has fans who make excuses after a loss. They are out there. But I've seen a lot of Pats fans who chalked it up to being beat by a good team. I've seen plenty shrug it off with "It just wasn't our year." Most Pats fans I've chatted with are halfway decent people. It's when spring arrives and they put on their Red Sox hats that they become insufferable vermin! :yahoo:

That really hurts.

I try really hard to be "insufferable vermin" all year. I'm going to have to try harder.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI on Broncos v Pats AFC CG:

In his 14-season stay in New England, Bill Belichick's Patriots have never given up more yards (507) yards in a game, and Manning's 400 yards passing was the first time Belichick's New England defense has surrendered that many

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who's popular. Is this your photo? Upgrade to plus for additional bandwidth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bart Starr was a good QB, but back then the league was little and the best teams were bought off. Lombardi and crew was known for buying out the best players during those years. The Packers were like the Yankees - no salary cap BS. They got the best players from other teams to join their team for a handsome salary. Remember Otto Graham? Same story. I can't really put these early QBs on the top 5 all-time QB lists simply because of these reasons. The game was completely different then. They even admit that most of these QBs didn't have good passing stats simply because they ran the ball more (hence no talent needed to hand the ball to the running back). When they did pass, it was always for longer throws around 15 yarders and that's why you see all the old QBs have the best YPP %. After watching a lot of video footage from those days you will notice these QBs wouldn't have enough talent to start in today's NFL, but to be fair we really can't say that for sure as if they lived in today's world their talent level might have been greater with technology and knowledge of how the game has changed over the years. This is just another reason why you can't base individual success on team championships alone. You have to research and watch video footage and games of these guys to get the full scoop of their careers.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart Starr was a good QB, but back then the league was little and the best teams were bought off. Lombardi and crew was known for buying out the best players during those years. The Packers were like the Yankees - no salary cap BS. They got the best players from other teams to join their team for a handsome salary. Remember Otto Graham? Same story. I can't really put these early QBs on the top 5 all-time QB lists simply because of these reasons. The game was completely different then. They even admit that most of these QBs didn't have good passing stats simply because they ran the ball more (hence no talent needed to hand the ball to the running back). When they did pass, it was always for longer throws around 15 yarders and that's why you see all the old QBs have the best YPP %. After watching a lot of video footage from those days you will notice these QBs wouldn't have enough talent to start in today's NFL, but to be fair we really can't say that for sure as if they lived in today's world their talent level might have been greater with technology and knowledge of how the game has changed over the years. This is just another reason why you can't base individual success on team championships alone. You have to research and watch video footage and games of these guys to get the full scoop of their careers.

Well, since you want to take it there...

How about we do away with the Mel Blount rule. The one that says you can't jam the receiver downfield?And while we're at it, let's make hitting the QB in the head legal like it was back in the 60's and 70's. Oh and you can now lay out a defenseless receiver.

What do you think, Cochise? Think we'll see numbers drop?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many posts to quote and so little time. The Pats lost because they were out played on that day and their game plan didn't work. Plain and simple. They did have major "roster" issues though. Gronk played only 7 games, Hernandez is in jail and going away for life, Welker gone replaced with an oft injured Amendola, Spikes IR, Mayo IR, Wilfork IR, Talib hurt in the championship game, so yeah the injuries hurt them against a Denver team that was very healthy when speaking about starters who impact the game. You're not going to beat that team with that great offense with those problems. I was surprised the Pats made it as far as they did and give Denver full credit for the win. Great team, great leader, now go out and kick Seattle's ass!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many posts to quote and so little time. The Pats lost because they were out played on that day and their game plan didn't work. Plain and simple. They did have major "roster" issues though. Gronk played only 7 games, Hernandez is in jail and going away for life, Welker gone replaced with an oft injured Amendola, Spikes IR, Mayo IR, Wilfork IR, Talib hurt in the championship game, so yeah the injuries hurt them against a Denver team that was very healthy when speaking about starters who impact the game. You're not going to beat that team with that great offense with those problems. I was surprised the Pats made it as far as they did and give Denver full credit for the win. Great team, great leader, now go out and kick Seattle's ass!!!

Thanks for confirming everything that's been said about Pats fans. :suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for confirming everything that's been said about Pats fans. :suds:

Hammer gimme a break bro,the Pat's do not deserve the BS that is being spewed like that :laugh3: You an instigator? really i mean lol.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Hawk fan we roll with the hit's were used to it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI i have done a ton for views on you're site,trust me i have.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i will do more,how it's my gig bro.

Just watch,but you gotta give some freedom.