• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of the things Brady supporters point to is the records he set.

The ones that Peyton just broke.

I'm not saying I ascribe to this theory, but it takes away an argument for Brady.

I don't know if there really is one thing you look at inparticular to say if one QB is better than another. To me it's more the eye ball test - which is complete conjecture.

And I honestly don't know if one really is any better than the other.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of the things Brady supporters point to is the records he set.

The ones that Peyton just broke.

I'm not saying I ascribe to this theory, but it takes away an argument for Brady.

I don't know if there really is one thing you look at inparticular to say if one QB is better than another. To me it's more the eye ball test - which is complete conjecture.

And I honestly don't know if one really is any better than the other.

The ones he just broke? Wrong. The season yds and TDs record is not what's cited when we talk of records. Playoff wins and losses is the measure and Peyton still has a ways to go.

As for SBs, apparently in some people's world 2/3 would best 3/5. :noidea:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones he just broke? Wrong. The season yds and TDs record is not what's cited when we talk of records. Playoff wins and losses is the measure and Peyton still has a ways to go.

As for SBs, apparently in some people's world 2/3 would best 3/5. :noidea:

Oh but it used to be....until Peyton broke them, now the goal posts have moved again.

And PS, isn't playoff wins and losses still a TEAM stat?

If you're going to say that one can't count Lombardi's since that's a team achievement, isn't a win the same thing? Doesn't it take the whole team to win?

Especially when Pats fans say that the key to those playoff wins early in Brady's career were about DEFENSE?

See...that's what you guys tell me when I point out that you won 85% of your playoff games under Spygate. "It was the defense".

So which is it?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but it used to be....until Peyton broke them, now the goal posts have moved again.

And PS, isn't playoff wins and losses still a TEAM stat?

If you're going to say that one can't count Lombardi's since that's a team achievement, isn't a win the same thing? Doesn't it take the whole team to win?

Especially when Pats fans say that the key to those playoff wins early in Brady's career were about DEFENSE?

See...that's what you guys tell me when I point out that you won 85% of your playoff games under Spygate. "It was the defense".

So which is it?

Please link for me one post on ANY message board where Brady's '07 season is cited as evidence of him being BOAT. Good luck scrolling through all the 18-1 posts.

...and yes, playoff wins and losses is a team stat as are total yds and total TDs. Do you ever actually read what you type?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please link for me one post on ANY message board where Brady's '07 season is cited as evidence of him being BOAT. Good luck scrolling through all the 18-1 posts.

...and yes, playoff wins and losses is a team stat as are total yds and total TDs. Do you ever actually read what you type?

Then if you're going to count playoff wins and losses as a factor in determining who's the GOAT, then why don't Lombardi's count as well?

Both are team wins. Yes?

Both are in the post season. Yes?

Oh wait...*I* know this one...it's because there are QB's that have more Lombardi's then Brady so we can't use that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only in response to the if-Manning-wins-the-SB-he-bests-Brady talk Spiller referred to that I mention Lombardis. Stop trying to argue and think.

Oh wait...*I* know this one...it's because there are QB's that have more Lombardi's then Brady so we can't use that.

WTF are you talking about? I've never claimed Brady to be the best of all time but I do think he's a notch above Manning.

(((Midnight's auto-argue program)))

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only in response to the if-Manning-wins-the-SB-he-bests-Brady talk Spiller referred to that I mention Lombardis. Stop trying to argue and think.

WTF are you talking about? I've never claimed Brady to be the best of all time but I do think he's a notch above Manning.

(((Midnight's auto-argue program)))

I'm thinking just fine....enough to know you never answered the question.

Why is it you count post season wins but not Lombardi's since both are TEAM achievements?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I repeat, WTF are you talking about? If you will clarify your question or point out where I've denied that Lombardis are playoff team wins, we might get somewhere.

Are you ready to concede that nobody offers Brady's '07 season as evidence of BOAT? Nobody has moved any goalposts....you've simply reeeeeeached beyond logic and reality.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has more forehead. Better hung. Far more intelligent. Better actor and comedian. Oh, and a better football player. Everyone outside a small ring around the Boston area realizes this.

But hey, your guy is clearly the second best of this era and he does have Gisele (of course I have too) and he cries better than Peyton, so in that phase of acting, he does get the nod. :nod:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who thinks that if the Broncos win- that says that Peyton is the best QB of all time is a total hypocrite...

So, Peyton getting his second SB ring makes him better than Brady and his 3... If Superbowls are so important, then how can peyton be better than brady??

I think Peyton is better than Brady, but it is not because the Broncos just made it to the Show, nor does it have anything to do with the Broncos might winning the SB...

Brady if winning will have done it with 2 separate teams and possibly without the kicker bailing him out in either of his wins. Brady won 3 SBs by 3 points each purely because a kicker made field goals :nod:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double post

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady if winning will have done it with 2 separate teams and possibly without the kicker bailing him out in either of his wins. Brady won 3 SBs by 3 points each purely because a kicker made field goals :nod:

:lame:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I repeat, WTF are you talking about? If you will clarify your question or point out where I've denied that Lombardis are playoff team wins, we might get somewhere.

Are you ready to concede that nobody offers Brady's '07 season as evidence of BOAT? Nobody has moved any goalposts....you've simply reeeeeeached beyond logic and reality.

You discount Lombardi's as a means of measuring a QB's greatness.

When asked what your yard stick it, you say playoff wins.

Why do you count one and not the other when both are team wins?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You discount Lombardi's as a means of measuring a QB's greatness.

When asked what your yard stick it, you say playoff wins.

Why do you count one and not the other when both are team wins?

I did?

Yes ram, they did win three SBs by a single play and similarly lost two by a single play. By the same logic Brady could be 5/5 and he still wouldn't be the greatest QB of all time. He is, however, a notch above Manning.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did?

Yes ram, they did win three SBs by a single play and similarly lost two by a single play. By the same logic Brady could be 5/5 and he still wouldn't be the greatest QB of all time. He is, however, a notch above Manning.

for the sake of argument they lost their last 2 Super Bowls by more than one play.

they never got into field goal position or close enough for a decent throw.

but as far as above posts were concerned I was just going for the obvious punch lines :yahoo: