• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was a really QB and was on his way to the HOF, but TD kept him from being another Fouts or Marino. That I wont disagree with. He had one of the best three yr stretches any back has ever had.

I think Elway was very good but I don't think he was top 5 all time. He matured toward the end of his career, but early on he threw missiles to receivers 3 yards away. Peyton is definitely top 5 in my book.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you believe me if I told you his brother lives across the street from me and his nephew and my son are good friends? TD works out at the LA Fitness and is a nice guy. He's seen all around town and is a pilot; he flies himself from our local strip to LA to be on his show.

Thats pretty cool. If he didnt have those injuries to slow his career, he could have very well been on his way to being possibly the greatest back ever. He was that good.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was at the top of my list as well. I'm pretty sure the entire Steeler Nation was in uproar over the Tomlin pick. Crazy how that turned out. You can still hear echoes of that uproar when people say "Tomlin only won because he inherited Cower's team"…

Oh yes. I must admit I was not sold on Mike Tomlin especially with his cover 2 philosophy. Tomlin might be a good motivator, but he needs to grow as a coach, seriously. Yea, he's been to two SBs but some things he does just does not make sense at times.

I likeTomlin, but Ben's ability to keep plays alive and make something from nothing and the D got us to those two SBs, I dont think it was so much anything Tomlin did.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes. I must admit I was not sold on Mike Tomlin especially with his cover 2 philosophy. Tomlin might be a good motivator, but he needs to grow as a coach, seriously. Yea, he's been to two SBs but some things he does just does not make sense at times.

I likeTomlin, but Ben's ability to keep plays alive and make something from nothing and the D got us to those two SBs, I dont think it was so much anything Tomlin did.

Hard to disagree, but I still think Tomlin had a lot more to do with the 2nd Super Bowl win. The 1st he was clearly "along for the ride".

But yes, Tomlin has a lot more growing to do. His days of laying back and letting the standard be the standard aren't going to cut it anymore, especially not with a youth-movement underway. Back to back 8-8 seasons should be the eye opener. Some people just need a swift kick in the ass every now and then.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to disagree, but I still think Tomlin had a lot more to do with the 2nd Super Bowl win. The 1st he was clearly "along for the ride".

But yes, Tomlin has a lot more growing to do. His days of laying back and letting the standard be the standard aren't going to cut it anymore, especially not with a youth-movement underway. Back to back 8-8 seasons should be the eye opener. Some people just need a swift kick in the ass every now and then.

Yea, but he's the "we've got to work harder. We're a proud organization and we strive for excellence" type. All thats good, but at some point you've just got to bitchslap a motha (not literally), but u have to be more stern.

He's too "nice" I guess. Cowher wasnt an asshole, but he'd put his foot up yours when need be. And the refs for that matter.lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but he's the "we've got to work harder. We're a proud organization and we strive for excellence" type. All thats good, but at some point you've just got to bitchslap a motha (not literally), but u have to be more stern.

He's too "nice" I guess. Cowher wasnt an asshole, but he'd put his foot up yours when need be. And the refs for that matter.lol

Completely agree. Tomlin was always the "buddy-buddy" guy because all of the starters were entrenched veterans. Those vets did his job for him in the motivational department. I think this year Tomlin stepped up nicely, which should be a good learning experience moving forward.

…Man how I miss Cowher's altercations with referees.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Caldwell, I think if they can improve on defense and as long as he doesnt get in the way of the offense, they should improve barring injuries.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Whisenhunt and Locker, Locker will definitely improve as a QB and the Titans offense will certainly improve. CJ said he wanted to be used right, Whisenhunt is gonna make u famous. He is a very good balanced offensive mind.

Well, thats if Locker stays.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Caldwell, I think if they can improve on defense and as long as he doesnt get in the way of the offense, they should improve barring injuries.

I think Peyton Manning as QB coach would solve everything. Dudes an absolute master of offense.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is of note that if the Broncos lose the SB, Pats fans will not descend upon this site with multiple threads bashing Manning.

You dull witted cockroaches have all come out of the walls...but would still be in hiding if the Pats won.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is of note that if the Broncos lose the SB, Pats fans will not descend upon this site with multiple threads bashing Manning.

You dull witted cockroaches have all come out of the walls...but would still be in hiding if the Pats won.

I can't predict how people will react, but I do think "Pats fans excuses" angle is a bit overplayed. Every team has fans who make excuses after a loss. They are out there. But I've seen a lot of Pats fans who chalked it up to being beat by a good team. I've seen plenty shrug it off with "It just wasn't our year." Most Pats fans I've chatted with are halfway decent people. It's when spring arrives and they put on their Red Sox hats that they become insufferable vermin! :yahoo:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? You gave them exactly what they want, do you not realize that? Let them all paint the Pats logo on their forehands form a circle and circle jerk one another, all you provide in this equation is the monkey in the middle covered in spooge.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peyton Manning as QB coach would solve everything. Dudes an absolute master of offense.

I could easily get on board with that although I do not think it will ever happen. I mean whats a QB coach or offensive coordinator make?? Like 100k a year? He can tip a waitress that cash.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were the most injured team in football this season. That, all the holding and grabbing and the bad calls by the refs are the only reasons we lost in Foxoboro.

:rolleyes2::pout::bawling:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, please inform me of the threads and posters that have said the Patriots lost because of injuries!

Patriots lost because the Broncos OUTPLAYED, OUT COACHED and OUT WORKED the Patriots plain and simple!