• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 18-1 the year before with Brady.

This is true, but the notion that Brady is the whole team and has never had any help during his career is being disingenious, people that claim that of course.

If Brady accounted for such a great deal of success on his own, they should have won two or three games in 2008.

People in the early/mid 00s used to give me this same argument, that Manning had so much damn talent around him and Brady didnt have much. Really? When Manning stepped on the field, he pretty much knew that he needed to lead his team to 30 a game or they wouldnt have a chance because his defense was absolute shit.

Brady COULD PLAY LIKE SHIT and his team could STILL win. Brady had no talent around him? A veteran stout defense? One of the best kickers in NFL history? A line that let no one touch him?And as much as I despise Bellichick, the bastard knows how to put a team together and give Brady JUST what he needs to compete. I dont care that Brady doesnt have pro bowlers at every position, he has JUST what he needs around him.

So all of this about Brady has no help, that shit doesnt fly. Look at the team stats from this past year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but the notion that Brady is the whole team and has never had any help during his career is being disingenious, people that claim that of course.

If Brady accounted for such a great deal of success on his own, they should have won two or three games in 2008.

People in the early/mid 00s used to give me this same argument, that Manning had so much damn talent around him and Brady didnt have much. Really? When Manning stepped on the field, he pretty much knew that he needed to lead his team to 30 a game or they wouldnt have a chance because his defense was absolute shit.

Brady COULD PLAY LIKE SHIT and his team could STILL win. Brady had no talent around him? A veteran stout defense? One of the best kickers in NFL history? A line that let no one touch him?And as much as I despise Bellichick, the bastard knows how to put a team together and give Brady JUST what he needs to compete. I dont care that Brady doesnt have pro bowlers at every position, he has JUST what he needs around him.

So all of this about Brady has no help, that shit doesnt fly. Look at the team stats from this past year.

I hope rmilia doesn't have a busy day at work tomorrow because you have sure given him a massive workload with this post. Posting stats that indicate that the Patriots are a wholly talentless team while proving Brady's greatness should be a nice challenge for him.

Patriots win?

"Brady turns everyone around him into superstars."

Patriots lose?

"Brady has no talent around him."

Like I said before, Boston fans (Celtics fans are easily as bad) are unparalleled in all of sports. I grew up loving the Showtime Lakers and to hear my Dad (a maniac Celtics fan) tell it there was an ambulance waiting to take the Boston players to the hospital after every game and they showed up on crutches but Magic tears an ACL and blows out a hamstring? "Big baby!" Patriots fans are the same damn way. :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the point in trying to tear him down all the time. He's a good QB but people that don't want their opinion of Peyton to be questioned, try to rip the guy that others think is better. They are both great QB's. I'd take both of them on my team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That was one of the most pathetic things I can remember in sports but in Boston the guy's a hero.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point in trying to tear him down all the time. He's a good QB but people that don't want their opinion of Peyton to be questioned, try to rip the guy that others think is better. They are both great QB's. I'd take both of them on my team.

I don't see one single sentence that tears Brady down. He's simply making the point that this excuse the Patriots fans scream about "Brady has to play with no talent around him" is total and complete horseshit.

I'll never understand why it's hip to criticize Peyton Manning but "hatred" to question ANYTHING about Tom Brady. :noidea:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is trying to tear him down, but his fans want to make it seem like he's a one man show and he's not.

People made the same argument about LBJ when he was in Cleveland. It was all LBJ when they won 60 games in back to back yrs but he had no help when they lost. I cant tell u how many times Cavs fans cried this excuse. Granted, he accounted for more of his team's success than Brady does for the Pats (I know, different sports), but the point is still the same.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus that was terrible… I would have been so ashamed if I was a Boston fan when they were comparing him to Reed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comeback for the ages! Willis Reed eat your heart out!

There were waaaaaaay too many drunken Irish Celtic fans at the bar that night. Made me sick. "Oooohhhhhhhhh.... It's a Miracle!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were waaaaaaay too many drunken Irish Celtic fans at the bar that night. Made me sick. Oooohhhhhhhhh.... It's a Miracle!!!

Haha

I actually liked KG before he went to Boston and became this badass hitman so to speak. Never liked Rondo not even at Kentucky.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a douchebag. I never liked him, KG or Rondo.

large_kevin-garnett-pumped.jpg

"That chest-pounding thing he does? It's not selfishness, it's passion." - Boston fans

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see one single sentence that tears Brady down. He's simply making the point that this excuse the Patriots fans scream about "Brady has to play with no talent around him" is total and complete horseshit.

I'll never understand why it's hip to criticize Peyton Manning but "hatred" to question ANYTHING about Tom Brady. :noidea:

The Matt Cassell argument is absurd. The Colts falling to pieces after Peyton got hurt is almost as absurd as the "Cassell led the Pats to 11-5" argument. The moment Irsay found out Peyton was possibly done for good, he was going to "suck for Luck." Their team wasn't 2-14 bad. Not even close to it. The funniest shit ever, IMO, is when people say Brady had more talent around him than Manning did. :laugh:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not forget Peyton Manning had freaking neck surgery not too long ago and his whole livelihood was at stake. And what does he do?

Oh not much, just set a few records, win an MVP, and lead his team to the SB.

Meh..........