• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take this another level.

What year exactly did BB take over all football operations for the Pats?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2001, New England has won 95 out of division games. Second? Indianapolis, with 82. Over the same stretch? New England is the only team over .500 against playoff teams, at 40-28. Next best is Indy at exactly .500

That's an extra out of division win per year more than the next best team. Maybe it's not that their division sucks. Maybe it really is simply that they have been that much better than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, take a look at the rest of the divisions throughout the NFL.

Now look at how often division champs rotate in those divisions.

AFCN, for example. It's rotated, pretty consistantly, between the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens.

The NFCE has done the same between the Giants, Eagles, 'Boys and Redskins.

The NFCN has gone from the Bears to the Lions to the Packers.

Even the NFCS has gone from the Panthers to the Saints to the Falcons.

But in that same time frame only TWICE has the Pats NOT won the division.

That tells me the other divisions are competitive and yours is not. The Bills, Jets and 'Fins just suck. You win by default EVERY year.

Again, everyone else sucks, not that NE is good and consistent year in and year out? I understand the Div has been weak, but it has not been weak every year since 2001. The problem is, no one gives NE credit for what they have done, and when NE fans stick up for their team we get called homers and that we scream how awesome we are from the roof tops and we the most classless fans in the world. Like I said, you can hate all you want, but at least have the balls to give credit where credit is due.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2001, New England has won 95 out of division games. Second? Indianapolis, with 82. Over the same stretch? New England is the only team over .500 against playoff teams, at 40-28. Next best is Indy at exactly .500

That's an extra out of division win per year more than the next best team. Maybe it's not that their division sucks. Maybe it really is simply that they have been that much better than anyone else.

JDM, another good post, to bad it wont matter. The AFCE is weak, and that is all they care about.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, take a look at the rest of the divisions throughout the NFL.

Now look at how often division champs rotate in those divisions.

AFCN, for example. It's rotated, pretty consistantly, between the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens.

The NFCE has done the same between the Giants, Eagles, 'Boys and Redskins.

The NFCN has gone from the Bears to the Lions to the Packers.

Even the NFCS has gone from the Panthers to the Saints to the Falcons.

But in that same time frame only TWICE has the Pats NOT won the division.

That tells me the other divisions are competitive and yours is not. The Bills, Jets and 'Fins just suck. You win by default EVERY year.

This is why posters think your division is soft. I know, I know, you want to claim it's because the Pats are just that much better then everyone else. Good luck with that argument.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why posters think your division is soft. I know, I know, you want to claim it's because the Pats are just that much better then everyone else. Good luck with that argument.

So answer my 2 questions.

When did the Pats get Brady and BB? Cmon just use google and get the wikipedia on it.

:omg:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a small handful of good owners in the league. Many divisions don't even have one. The AFC south has none. The NFC east has none. The NFC south has none. The AFC north has 2. The AFC west has 1 if you want to give Denver credit. I'll give the NFC north the packers. The NFC west I'm giving SF and I'll give Seattle just because I can't be bothered disputing it. Most owners do not put their team in a position to consistently be competitive.

If you want to give Denver credit?

Why the hell would you not?

I know I am biased but even if I take off my homer glasses, Pat Bowlen is one of the best owners in the League if not all pro sports.

He is hands off and lets the FO run football operations and he leaves them alone. He is committed to winning a championship. He spends the money to enable the FO to do what they need to do.

From his profile page at denverbroncos.com

Bowlen became the first owner in professional football history to win 300 games in a 30-year span.

One of the only three-decade owners in professional sports history with a .600 winning percentage, Mr. Bowlen has guided the Broncos to an average of more than 10 wins per season in his 29 years of ownership.

Denver’s 292 overall victories entering 2013, including 276 regular-season wins, rank third in the NFL (2nd in the AFC) during that span. The Broncos’ five Super Bowl appearances, including back-to-back Super Bowl wins during the 1997-98 seasons, under Mr. Bowlen are tied for the second-highest total in the league.

In addition, Denver’s 286 national television appearances entering 2013 under Mr. Bowlen are the most in the league. That total includes a league-high 165 prime-time games as well as 121 appearances as part of network doubleheaders.

Denver also is the only team to post at least 90 wins in each of the last three decades while finishing with the fewest losing seasons (5) in the NFL since Mr. Bowlen became owner in 1984.

Below is a summary of the Denver Broncos’ success during Mr. Bowlen’s ownership (1984-2012):

• The Denver Broncos won back-to-back World Championships in 1997 (Super Bowl XXXII vs. the Green Bay Packers 31-24) and 1998 (Super Bowl XXXIII vs. the Atlanta Falcons 34-19).

• Denver became the sixth NFL franchise to win back-to-back Super Bowls, joining Green Bay, Miami, Pittsburgh (twice), San Francisco and Dallas. The Broncos became the first AFC team to do it in two decades.

• When the Broncos won Super Bowl XXXII, they were the first AFC team to win in 14 years and just the second wild card team to win a Super Bowl under the NFL’s present playoff system.

• The Broncos own AFC Championships under Pat Bowlen in 1986, 1987, 1989, 1997 and 1998.

• Denver was the only AFC franchise to make three Super Bowl appearances in the 1980s.

• Denver ranks second in the NFL in regular-season wins (276), third in overall wins (292), tied for second in Super Bowl appearances (5), fourth in conference championship game appearances (7) and tied for fourth in playoff appearances (15).

• The Broncos have dominated the AFC Western Division by posting more division titles (10), conference championship game appearances (7) and Super Bowl appearances (5) than any other club in the division.

• In addition to winning 10 division titles, Mr. Bowlen’s franchise has had regular-season win totals of 14, 13 (four times), 12 (twice), 11 (four times) and 10 (three times). Fourteen of the 15 best years in team history have come during Mr. Bowlen’s ownership.

• The Broncos won an NFL-record seven postseason games in a two-year period (1997-1998).

• The Broncos had 33 wins over a two-year period (1997-1998), at that time the most in NFL history.

• The Broncos had an NFL-record 46 wins over a three-year period (1996-1998).

• The Broncos became the second team in modern NFL history to go undefeated during regular-season play at home for three consecutive seasons (1996-1998).

• His 1997-1998 teams performed the astonishing feat of going nearly an entire calendar year without a defeat (12/15/97-12/13/98), at that time a league-record 18 consecutive wins.

• In 1998, Denver won a franchise-record 17 games (14 in the regular season), including a 13-0 start that resulted in Denver going nearly an entire calendar year without a loss.

• The Broncos have the best home record (177-70 / .717) in pro football over the past 29 years.

• The Broncos have had an NFL-low five losing seasons compared to their 17 winning seasons.

Pat Bowlen also has enjoyed tremendous off-the-field success as well.

• In Mr. Bowlen’s 29 years of ownership, the Broncos have played 29 postseason games, all of which have been sold out.

• The Broncos have sold out every game during Mr. Bowlen’s ownership for a streak of 247 consecutive games (regular season and postseason) that is the third-longest active streak in the league.

• Denver has led the NFL in attendance during Mr. Bowlen’s 29-year period as owner. The Broncos have drawn nearly 20 million fans to their home games from 1984-2012, marking the highest total in the NFL.

• Mr. Bowlen ushered in a new era in Denver Broncos football history in 2001 when the state-of-the-art Sports Authority Field at Mile High opened. Mr. Bowlen contributed more than $150 million to the construction of the new stadium and helped fund a $30 million upgrade during the 2013 offseason.

• Mr. Bowlen has worked closely with the Broncos’ personnel department in maintaining the club’s roster in the era of free agency that has resulted in unprecedented player stability.

• In addition to his role with the Broncos, Mr. Bowlen was a key figure in securing the league’s labor and TV contracts. He served as co-chair of the powerful NFL Management Council Executive Committee from 2001-11 and remains a member of the prestigious NFL Broadcasting Committee, which he formerly chaired. He also is on the NFL Compensation Committee, the NFL Network Committee, the Pro Football Hall of Fame Committee and Los Angeles Working Group Committee.

• In his role as Chair of the NFL Broadcast Committee, Mr. Bowlen was responsible for the negotiations on the NFL’s $18 billion TV contract, the most lucrative single-sport contract in history

• He was responsible for the Broncos’ headquarters, the Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Centre, a 90,000 square foot modern office and training facility located on the team’s 13.5 acre complex in Dove Valley, Arapahoe County. The facility is named after Pat Bowlen’s father, and the Broncos moved into the building on March 5, 1990. Over the past nine offseasons, an extensive remodeling and expansion plan was implemented, assuring that the team headquarters would remain at the top level of NFL training facilities.

Now you can give him some fucking credit.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he would never be stupid enough to hand Vladimir Putin a championship ring.

Etiquette with a visiting foreign dignitary makes it customary to give them a gift.

To ask for it back almost caused an international incident.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the last I will say about this. You are talking about 6 game out of 16 that are against "weak" teams. SO that means, according to you, since 2001 NE should have finished 6-10, a 4th seed team hosting a WC game, and then they should have lost that game because they are not playing an AFCE team? SO those 10 other game mean nothing? Are they playing all the weak teams in the NFL then? Why do they win in the playoffs? According to you, THE ONLY reason NE advances to the AFCGC is because they play in the AFCE?? So no matter what NE sucks....so then explain to me how they win in the playoffs? Explain to me how they beat the Colts who had some HUGE wins this yr....because according to you, they should have lost to the far superior Colts...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putin asked to see it. Not have it. He's an arrogant prick and kraft's hand was forced the entire way.

And no need to freak out. I said Denver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putin asked to see it. Not have it. He's an arrogant prick and kraft's hand was forced the entire way.

And no need to freak out. I said Denver.

You said, and I fucking quote, "If you want to give Denver credit". A left handed compliment if I ever heard one.

The arrogance of you Pats fans sometimes.

He should have let him look at it on his finger and never handed it to the pinko bastard.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said, and I fucking quote, "If you want to give Denver credit". A left handed compliment if I ever heard one.

The arrogance of you Pats fans sometimes.

He should have let him look at it on his finger and never handed it to the pinko bastard.

:bawling:

Chill dude.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year was it that the Pats got Tom Brady again?

QB is everything and all who wanna bash on Brady are simply being foolish.

Green Bay has had only 2 losing seasons since 1992 when they acquired Favre who was eventually replaced by Rodgers. There have been some REALLY crappy coaches and one crappy GM/Coach during that period. Elite quarterbacks are essential to sustained success. That said, I think Belichick is also the best coach in the league. The Pats have had top notch quality at the 2 most important positions in football and that combination is why they've been the most successful team since 2001.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

Chill dude.

Don't tell me to chill.

I Bleed Orange and Blue. Insult my team and owner with a BS left handed compliment that diminishes from his accomplishments and tell me to chill?

:finger:

:lm:

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me to chill.

I Bleed Orange and Blue. Insult my team and owner with a BS left handed compliment that diminishes from his accomplishments and tell me to chill?

:lm:[/QUOTE

Welcome to life of a NE fan. Happens all the time. I see people shit all over Kraft, and its pisses me off too....it sucks! I happen to think he is a great owner....

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me to chill.

:lm:

First of all, he's probably only looking at recent history since he isn't a fan of your team and probably doesn't have a clue about your owner's history. Secondly, Peyton plays for your team now so a good amount of Pats fans are going to hate your team automatically. Be happy. It's the internet and the amount your team gets disrespected is directly related to its current success.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, he's probably only looking at recent history since he isn't a fan of your team and probably doesn't have a clue about your owner's history. Secondly, Peyton plays for your team now so a good amount of Pats fans are going to hate your team automatically. Be happy. It's the internet and the amount your team gets disrespected is directly related to its current success.

Not always.

If you're the Raiders or Cowboys.....

You're kinda hated all the time regardless of your record.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me to chill.

:lm:[/QUOTE

Welcome to life of a NE fan. Happens all the time. I see people shit all over Kraft, and its pisses me off too....it sucks! I happen to think he is a great owner....

I happen to think Kraft is a great owner and have nothing but respect for him.

He is committed to winning.

Guys like Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and The Jags Owner Khan and the Bidwells are the ones that I can't stand. Since the son took over in AZ, it has gotten a little better.

Richardson takes the cake. Dumped the teams payroll and cuts good layers to position himself for the CBA fiasco.

Smart financial decision? Sure. But he basically told the fans to take a hike for 2 years.

If Riverboat Ron doesn't get an NFC title in a few years? He will make another financial decision instead of a competitive one.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're discussing worst owner in the NFL....that's Jerry Jones in Dallas.

He's had a LOT of talent over the years but out of sheer narcissistic control freakism, he's won exactly as many games has he's lost since 1997.

And, though he acknowledges that HE'S part of the problem, he refuses to get out of the way.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have to make allowances for peoples ignorance and lack of understanding of NFL history.

When their myopic view leads to them make ignorant statements I am going to call them out on it.

Especially if is a slight.