• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're discussing worst owner in the NFL....that's Jerry Jones in Dallas.

He's had a LOT of talent over the years but out of sheer narcissistic control freakism, he's won exactly as many games has he's lost since 1997.

And, though he acknowledges that HE'S part of the problem, he refuses to get out of the way.

Jerry is at least committed to winning. Unfortunately he is too hands on and can't get out of the way because of his ego and it causes dysfunction within the organization.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay has had only 2 losing seasons since 1992 when they acquired Favre who was eventually replaced by Rodgers. There have been some REALLY crappy coaches and one crappy GM/Coach during that period. Elite quarterbacks are essential to sustained success. That said, I think Belichick is also the best coach in the league. The Pats have had top notch quality at the 2 most important positions in football and that combination is why they've been the most successful team since 2001.

Finally someone answers me.

That my friends is why the Pats are always there. All of this other babble is just that babble.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to make allowances for peoples ignorance and lack of understanding of NFL history.

When their myopic view leads to them make ignorant statements I am going to call them out on it.

Especially if is a slight.

I find it hard to believe that you know the history of the current ownership of every team in the league. Sometimes offhand comments should just be treated in the spirit they were given. Do you know who the current President of the Packers is without Googling it?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that you know the history of the current ownership of every team in the league. Sometimes offhand comments should just be treated in the spirit they were given. Do you know who the current President of the Packers is without Googling it?

Please, It's been Mark or Mike (first name?) Murphy for the last 5 or 6 years.

We are a Football family on both sides and some in laws.

Great Uncle is Gene Stallings. My Dad's brother in law played for the Jets in the late 60's (Al Atkinson).

Sister in laws Nephew was QB coach at K-State, then Vandy and just went with Franklin to Penn State as QB coach and passing coordinator (Rick Rahne)

I only played though HS then joined Army.

Always follow all teams news and goings on. The details tell you things that most people don't pick up on.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If given in the spirit of an insult or left-handed compliment I will treat then as such.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, how many SB rings does Jerry Jones have? Oh, that's right, you don't know much about football.

It's utterly ridiculous to say that an owner that has 3 times as many SB wins than most owners.....is the worst in league.

Sorry, but you failed again.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me to chill.

I Bleed Orange and Blue. Insult my team and owner with a BS left handed compliment that diminishes from his accomplishments and tell me to chill?

:finger:

:lm:

Don't sweat him, Morph...the guy is a doucher.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gone so wrong. I really hope the Pats beat the Bronco's just to watch all of you climb back into a hole.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, how many SB rings does Jerry Jones have? Oh, that's right, you don't know much about football.

It's utterly ridiculous to say that an owner that has 3 times as many SB wins than most owners.....is the worst in league.

Sorry, but you failed again.

It's like half the posters on here only know about the last 10 years of NFL History.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gone so wrong. I really hope the Pats beat the Bronco's just to watch all of you climb back into a hole.

Win or lose,I will be here.

Not going anywhere.

Either way it will be a good game. One for the ages.

Here is to no injuries, and hopefully the refs don't blow too many calls that affects the outcome.

GO BRONCOS!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry used to be mildly decent and leave shit alone. He since decided he had to be the center of attention and is the biggest joke in sports.

Al Davis was respectable at one point too. Then he wasn't.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry used to be mildly decent and leave shit alone. He since decided he had to be the center of attention and is the biggest joke in sports.

Al Davis was respectable at one point too. Then he wasn't.

:10::agree:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like half the posters on here only know about the last 10 years of NFL History.

Someone who is 20 wouldn't remember the last Broncos Super Bowl win. I do because I also unfortunately remember their win the season before. Half of the posters probably literally only remember the last 10 years.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who is 20 wouldn't remember the last Broncos Super Bowl win. I do because I also unfortunately remember their win the season before. Half of the posters probably literally only remember the last 10 years.

In this day and age when all this historical information is at your finger tips, to not know what you are talking about demonstrates ignorance and laziness.

Qualities that unfortunately are far too common with the under 30 crowd, especially on message boards.

I had to read books, magazines, newspapers and talk to people with that knowledge which not only educated me but fueled my passion and respect for the game.

I have no patience or sympathy for people too lazy to get the facts right.

A little home team bias is one thing, but to get it completely wrong or base an argument or point of view on either false facts or lack of facts is BS.

I was an Army Ranger so my tolerance for BS is probably way lower than most people anyway.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would anyone crawl into a hole just cause the Pats win? Are you going to disappear if the Pats lose?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this day and age when all this historical information is at your finger tips, to not know what you are talking about demonstrates ignorance and laziness.

Qualities that unfortunately are far too common with the under 30 crowd, especially on message boards.

I had to read books, magazines, newspapers and talk to people with that knowledge which not only educated me but fueled my passion and respect for the game.

I have no patience or sympathy for people too lazy to get the facts right.

A little home team bias is one thing, but to get it completely wrong or base an argument or point of view on either false facts or lack of facts is BS.

I was an Army Ranger so my tolerance for BS is probably way lower than most people anyway.

You have access to what happened in the 30s, but I guarantee you can't tell me the story of the NFL in that decade without looking it up. People only care about things that they've personally witnessed.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

If that happens which is obviously very much possible I will decide after the NFC game who I want to win it all.

Damn,

then why would you suggest that Broncos fans will crawl into a hole? Doesn't make sense.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have access to what happened in the 30s, but I guarantee you can't tell me the story of the NFL in that decade without looking it up. People only care about things that they've personally witnessed.

When I was 11, I read a book about Jim Thorpe that completely changed my point of view about football.

I started reading everything I could get my hands on and there were already a ton of books, articles and even movies just in our house.

Uncle Gene told me the great stories of when he was at Texas A&M when he was one of the "Junction Boys" and he talked a lot about his many years on the Cowboys staff and when he was at Alabama and the then St. Louis Cardinals.

I didn't have to personally witness football history to care about it. That is ridiculous.

I always loved football and played it, read about it, watched movies about it and talked about it whenever I had a chance.

You're a Packers fan but you probably never saw Lombardi coach a game unless you are in your 60's or older.

Doesn't make you any less of a Packers fan or make you appreciate their history any less does it?

The Broncos drafted Marlin Briscoe, who became the first modern black player to start at quarterback in the NFL. I was 3 so I did not witness it, but it does not mean I can't appreciate it.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 11, I read a book about Jim Thorpe that completely changed my point of view about football.

I started reading everything I could get my hands on and there were already a ton of books, articles and even movies just in our house.

Uncle Gene told me the great stories of when he was at Texas A&M when he was one of the "Junction Boys" and he talked a lot about his many years on the Cowboys staff and when he was at Alabama and the then St. Louis Cardinals.

I didn't have to personally witness football history to care about it. That is ridiculous.

I always loved football and played it, read about it, watched movies about it and talked about it whenever I had a chance.

You're a Packers fan but you probably never saw Lombardi coach a game unless you are in your 60's or older.

Doesn't make you any less of a Packers fan or make you appreciate their history any less does it?

The Broncos drafted Marlin Briscoe, who became the first modern black player to start at quarterback in the NFL. I was 3 so I did not witness it, but it does not mean I can't appreciate it.

Everything you've said is true, but it's OK for a young person to not care that the Broncos won a Super Bowl 15 years ago.