• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's father on Manning/Brady:

"They have great respect for each other," said Brady's father, Tom Sr. "They understand each other as well as anyone can understand."

"It's pretty special when you have that kind of a relationship. You want to beat the heck out of each other. But you have great respect for one another."

"I just think that they're two of the very best ever," Brady Sr. said.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA TODAY:

There are those precious rare instances when timing and talent align, and it inspires everyone — including the guy on the opposing sideline — to elevate his game.

Look at the greatest names across sports, and there was often a rival who pushed him to be better, to go further, to refuse to settle for mere success when greatness was within reach. Nicklaus and Palmer. Ali and Frazier. Magic and Bird.

It's tougher to find those iconic rivalries in the NFL

Joe Montana:
"There was never really one. The teams we went against, the quarterbacks changed," Montana said, referring to when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. "Probably the biggest one was with the (New York) Giants and Phil Simms."

Phil Simms:
"This (Manning vs Brady) is the greatest quarterback rivalry in the history of football," Simms said. "Bradshaw and Staubach had it there for a while, but nothing as sustained and long and compelling as this one. Not even close."

Bradshaw and Staubach (both HOFers) only played a handful of times because their Steelers and Dallas Cowboys were in different conferences. But they were the premier quarterbacks of their generation, leaders of teams that were the best thing going in the NFL in the 1970s

Staubach:
"We got in the Super Bowls five times in the '70s. I was quarterback for four of them. We were 2-2, and I wish we were 4-0," Staubach said. "And Terry never lets me forget he was 4-0."

That the Super Bowls in which the two faced each other were among the best ever only added to their shared legacy. Pittsburgh won both times against the Cowboys, but by a total of just eight points. And Staubach is quick to give Bradshaw his due. "Bradshaw just made plays when he had to," Staubach said. "He made big plays."

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to note how often a number of Denver fans boast about themselves and put others down. You see it in every thread.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 11, I read a book about Jim Thorpe that completely changed my point of view about football.

I started reading everything I could get my hands on and there were already a ton of books, articles and even movies just in our house.

Uncle Gene told me the great stories of when he was at Texas A&M when he was one of the "Junction Boys" and he talked a lot about his many years on the Cowboys staff and when he was at Alabama and the then St. Louis Cardinals.

I didn't have to personally witness football history to care about it. That is ridiculous.

I always loved football and played it, read about it, watched movies about it and talked about it whenever I had a chance.

You're a Packers fan but you probably never saw Lombardi coach a game unless you are in your 60's or older.

Doesn't make you any less of a Packers fan or make you appreciate their history any less does it?

The Broncos drafted Marlin Briscoe, who became the first modern black player to start at quarterback in the NFL. I was 3 so I did not witness it, but it does not mean I can't appreciate it.

I never once saw Bart Starr play a down of football other than clips but you cannot tell me he is not the greatest QB in Packers history. I am 39.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you've said is true, but it's OK for a young person to not care that the Broncos won a Super Bowl 15 years ago.

Sure it's ok for them not to care.

But to state an opinion on something when you don't have the facts still means you are wrong, any way you slice it.

Ignorance is no excuse. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment on it.

Furthermore, an opinion on something that is a perceived insult, no matter how subtle, is even worse.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once saw Bart Starr play a down of football other than clips but you cannot tell me he is not the greatest QB in Packers history. I am 39.

That is exactly my point. You didn't have to see it live to care about or appreciate it.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen clips of Slingin' Sammy Baugh? Johnny Unitas?

i saw unitas and starr play but baugh is before my time wouldnt it be great if these games they played were available but NFL holds on to them like the gold they are:suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to note how often a number of Denver fans boast about themselves and put others down. You see it in every thread.

What would you prefer, Homer? That they boast about others and put themselves down? You're on the internet, man! As gametime creeps closer, you're becoming increasing irrational and paranoid. You're scared and it's fascinating to watch.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2001-2013 Tom Brady played with 48 PROBOWLER teammates.
From 2001-2013 Peyton Manning played with 39 PROBOWLER teammates.

Most of the differential came during 2001-2004.
Those years New England had a nearly 3 to 1 lead on probowlers over Indianapolis.
Not surprisingly, the Pats had their most success.

2006 was the first year where Indy had a clear advantage in probowlers.
Not surprisingly, that was the year Peyton won his superbowl.

Both are superior talents.
But, to suggest Brady did more with less talent on his teams ignores the numbers.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who is 20 wouldn't remember the last Broncos Super Bowl win. I do because I also unfortunately remember their win the season before. Half of the posters probably literally only remember the last 10 years.

not true....most of them don't seem to remember yesterday

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2001-2013 Tom Brady played with 48 PROBOWLER teammates.
From 2001-2013 Peyton Manning played with 39 PROBOWLER teammates.

Most of the differential came during 2001-2004.
Those years New England had a nearly 3 to 1 lead on probowlers over Indianapolis.
Not surprisingly, the Pats had their most success.

2006 was the first year where Indy had a clear advantage in probowlers.
Not surprisingly, that was the year Peyton won his superbowl.

Both are superior talents.
But, to suggest Brady did more with less talent on his teams ignores the numbers.

Interesting since I just researched on Pro Football Reference and Manning has had 48 (32 on offense) since 2001 (not including 2011).

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2001 Brady has had 49 (22 on offense). I do think people mean offensive talent around them over the course of their careers, especially in the skilled positions.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer you don't boast about yourself. You shit all over stuff a bit more than most and troll Pats fans but neither you, nor folks from other fanbases that I've read here at the SportsHoopla state their intelligence and authority so much.

...and truly, I'm pleased to fascinate you.

you're becoming increasing irrational and paranoid.

Says the man who in his zeal to jump my shit, totally mistook the meaning of a simple thread :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer you don't boast about yourself. You shit all over stuff a bit more than most and troll Pats fans but neither you, nor folks from other fanbases that I've read here at the SportsHoopla state their intelligence and authority so much.

...and truly, I'm pleased to fascinate you.

you're becoming increasing irrational and paranoid.

Says the man who in his zeal to jump my shit, totally mistook the meaning of a simple thread :L

Your meltdown tomorrow is going to be epic. By the time it's over you'll blame me for the Crusades, the Spanish flu and the common housefly. I'm counting the seconds. :pound:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, take a look at the rest of the divisions throughout the NFL.

Now look at how often division champs rotate in those divisions.

AFCN, for example. It's rotated, pretty consistantly, between the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens.

The NFCE has done the same between the Giants, Eagles, 'Boys and Redskins.

The NFCN has gone from the Bears to the Lions to the Packers.

Even the NFCS has gone from the Panthers to the Saints to the Falcons.

But in that same time frame only TWICE has the Pats NOT won the division.

That tells me the other divisions are competitive and yours is not. The Bills, Jets and 'Fins just suck. You win by default EVERY year.

If this is true as you contend, why do the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins, for the last three years hold their own against the other AFC divisions? The Pats beat up on them so they must be bad right? Why aren't they coming up with serious losing records against the rest of the AFC? When you can answer that question let me know.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true as you contend, why do the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins, for the last three years hold their own against the other AFC divisions? The Pats beat up on them so they must be bad right? Why aren't they coming up with serious losing records against the rest of the AFC? When you can answer that question let me know.

You make a great point. He usually ignores posts that ask a direct question of his ridiculous views. Don't expect a retort cause Wikipedia might be down. haha