• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread actually serious? Faking illness to get the Broncos to change their game plan? Please.

A day of missing practice may not be good but it will not affect the Patriots preparation that much.

Hell, the 77 AFC championship game, Craig Morton spent the entire week in a hospital with a severe case of the flu and checked himself out on Sunday and showed up with NO practice and won that game.

Press never got wind of it. Easier to do in those days. All practices were closed to public and press during the playoffs.

Brady may be slightly affected from being sick and traveling to high altitude, but it's not that huge of a deal.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are a very tight lipped organization. Yes? They don't let things 'leak', including health of players.

They simply don't want the Broncos getting wind of Brady being ill if he actually is.

Seriously, when was the last time you heard of a Patriot being sick? How often does this sort of thing get broadcast?

Especially that it's Tom Brady.

Now add in the Pats track record of 'misinterpreting' the rules and you can see why I came to the conclusion that Tom wasn't ill at all.

So let me get this straight. He actually missed an entire day of preparation, because there was a bigger advantage to be gained from some sort of subterfuge (Which no one was falling for) , than the advantage you get from actually practicing?

Please seek mental help from a professional as soon as possible. Mental Health is a serious issue.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread actually serious? Faking illness to get the Broncos to change their game plan? Please.

A day of missing practice may not be good but it will not affect the Patriots preparation that much.

Hell, the 77 AFC championship game, Craig Morton spent the entire week in a hospital with a severe case of the flu and checked himself out on Sunday and showed up with NO practice and won that game.

Press never got wind of it. Easier to do in those days. All practices were closed to public and press during the playoffs.

Brady may be slightly affected from being sick and traveling to high altitude, but it's not that huge of a deal.

Agree. He missed Wednesday practice, not sent to the ER on Saturday night with flu like symptoms....

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, I've tailored the argument to a set of criteria that fits my point, and I refuse to consider anything else.

Let me ask this, do you consider 6 wins good? I mean, if the Patriots went 6-10 would you consider that a good year?

The criteria I've used is how well the AFC east teams have played against other AFC teams. If the AFC east was weak, as you claim, you'd expect to see the other AFC teams pounding them. The numbers show that hasn't been the case.

The ONLY criteria I've seen you use is the "well in the last 3 years none of the other AFC East teams besides the Pats has more than 8 wins". Again that may be because the Pats clobber them and they pound on each other. 6 wins isn't good, but considering that in each of the last three years only one other division in the NFL had teams with no fewer than 6 wins, it indicates that the AFC East may be one of the more balanced (outside the Pats). (Certainly wouldn't mind having a cupcake like the Raiders in the AFC East).

If you have some other criteria, other than the above .500 one, by all means break it out. But I think we both know you don't otherwise you would have brought it up by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Pats have won the AFC east division all but two years since 2001 speaks for it self. The competition sucks. The Owners of the other teams come off as incompetent at best.

Is their any other division that has one team rule this long? NO! Yet some will argue that it's not a soft division. Bull shit!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Post:

since the 2004 playoffs, Brady and Manning are 4-4 against each other, 1-1 in the AFC Championship

when it comes to career passing yards in the playoffs, Manning and Brady are neck and neck:

Last week, Brady became the 1st player to pass for over 6,000 yards in the postseason

Manning should become the 2nd player to do so this weekend. He has passed for 5,909 yards in postseason games.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a team that has won as consistently over that stretch either. Domination is poor proof of weakness of the rest when the patriots have consistently won outside of their division at the same clip and have consistently finished season after season among the best of the league.

Turnover inside of a division is as much the result of the top team tailing off as the next team stepping up. If the top team doesn't give up the division, the other teams can't win it.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Pats have won the AFC east division all but two years since 2001 speaks for it self. The competition sucks. The Owners of the other teams come off as incompetent at best.

Is their any other division that has one team rule this long? NO! Yet some will argue that it's not a soft division. Bull shit!

You mad bro.......

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak Div get you into the playoffs. Once you get there, different story. I guess all the teams that are in the playoffs are weak too, cause NE wins...shame!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry JDM, I really don't care if the Pats have won a bunch of games outside their division. Mediocre rules the NFL. If the Pats were facing teams in there division that had competent owners, there is no way they could do what they have done. Go ahead and tell me your competition has good owners.:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers are already in this topic. Compare the bottom three of the East to the bottom three of any division in out of division records and they stack up very favorably.

The east has been the patriots' because Bill has had unprecedented amounts of success in the salary cap era.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM....why do you bother man. You can post all the numbers and facts you want, it wont matter. Not sure why you go all out against these guys. IDK, maybe you like it. I see it as a waste of time. Now go grab a beer and have some fun...I still think you are AD! LOL:suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm refusing myself alcohol (and my other vices) until I finish my testing for my school next week. Trying to be a good student for a whole two weeks. :whistle:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ralph Wilson
Woody Johnson
Stephen Ross

Which of these do you see see as a great...forget great, which do you consider a good owner?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a small handful of good owners in the league. Many divisions don't even have one. The AFC south has none. The NFC east has none. The NFC south has none. The AFC north has 2. The AFC west has 1 if you want to give Denver credit. I'll give the NFC north the packers. The NFC west I'm giving SF and I'll give Seattle just because I can't be bothered disputing it. Most owners do not put their team in a position to consistently be competitive.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: :clap: :yahoo:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this for the Pats ...they know coaching talent. Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, and Bill Belchick that's a threesome nobody else can match.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SO it has to be because everyone else sucks? Could it not be that maybe, just maybe, NE is that much better and consistent? Or are you not allowed to say that? You have to stick with everyone else sucks......

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What year was it that the Pats got Tom Brady again?

QB is everything and all who wanna bash on Brady are simply being foolish.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO it has to be because everyone else sucks? Could it not be that maybe, just maybe, NE is that much better and consistent? Or are you not allowed to say that? You have to stick with everyone else sucks......

OK, take a look at the rest of the divisions throughout the NFL.

Now look at how often division champs rotate in those divisions.

AFCN, for example. It's rotated, pretty consistantly, between the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens.

The NFCE has done the same between the Giants, Eagles, 'Boys and Redskins.

The NFCN has gone from the Bears to the Lions to the Packers.

Even the NFCS has gone from the Panthers to the Saints to the Falcons.

But in that same time frame only TWICE has the Pats NOT won the division.

That tells me the other divisions are competitive and yours is not. The Bills, Jets and 'Fins just suck. You win by default EVERY year.