• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah but realistically the near top ranked reign will soon end anyway. Its been a decade already and Brady is old in sports terms and Belichick cant find anything but half ass white receivers with not so great NFL talent. Brady is the only thing that has made this team as decent as its been the last 2 years.

Its been good enough to win lots of games but it doesn't make the Pats look good as much as it makes the entire league look like crap. Seriously, I respect greatness in sports like anyone else who's a sports fan but it just gets stupid if the same team gets in the top 3 every year...especially with the whole parity sales job they keep feeding us,

Belichick and Brady somehow found the perfect marriage but age and time never go away,.This is the twilight of that romance.......

Parity is real. Belichick is just above it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why you don't throw in the towel and take the quick rebuild. You don't waste a season with him at QB.

But they're already pretty much there. 4 all pros are on IR and they finished 3rd in scoring O and 10th in scoring D, and are in the AFC championship game with a very good shot at the Super Bowl once again.

The division argument is a tired one. The division looks bad largely because the Patriots consistently have their way with it. If you look at out of division win-loss records, the AFC East stacks up fine against other divisions.

But an accurate one. The division has not been good, especially the last 3 years. Since Brady took over in 2001, the AFC East has had 13 teams finish with winning records, excluding the Patriots. Interestingly, the division was best from 2001-2004 when the Patriots were winning Super Bowls: the AFC East had 7 teams finish with winning records in that span. But since 2005, the AFC East has only had 6 non-Patriots teams finish with winning records. The last was the 11-5 Jets in 2010.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But an accurate one. The division has not been good, especially the last 3 years. Since Brady took over in 2001, the AFC East has had 13 teams finish with winning records, excluding the Patriots. Interestingly, the division was best from 2001-2004 when the Patriots were winning Super Bowls: the AFC East had 7 teams finish with winning records in that span. But since 2005, the AFC East has only had 6 non-Patriots teams finish with winning records. The last was the 11-5 Jets in 2010.

There may be something to that idea that the harder road one has to the SB, the more likely one is to win it. Playing tougher teams along the way makes you better...IF you can stay healthy.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be something to that idea that the harder road one has to the SB, the more likely one is to win it. Playing tougher teams along the way makes you better...IF you can stay healthy.

Yep, it's the old "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" idea.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying that there was a really, REALLY sharp drop off at some point...

2007 16-0
2008 11-5
2009 10-6
1010 14-2
2011 13-3
2012 12-4
2013 12-4

...and this REALLY sharp drop off happened when?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to SB? I think they have won more than shit. If you mean SB, then I guess there are a lot of teams that didn't win "shit" So I guess there are 31 teams each year who are just "shit"....I guess in your world, Conference ships, playoffs and making it to SB is "shit".....I think we should just lose every year then.....shit!

Oh, okay. So now you go from being at the top to just being one of 32 teams. Which is it, man? You guys shout your superiority from the rooftops, then when a simple question like "Why haven't you won in 10 years?" is asked, you cave and tell us you're altogether ordinary! Puzzling...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a group of people attack the Patriots and its fans like the way a bunch of you do on here. It never gets old for you people, you would think it would. Worse part is, you bring nothing new to the table, and repeat yourself over and over again. We loss SB cause we suck, we make the playoffs cause 3 teams in are Div are not that great. We have not won "shit" in 10yrs cause we didn't win the SB, yet we are competitive every year, while these other teams continue to suck.....Ya know what....have at it. I am to old for the shit to be playing games on a message board! Good luck to all....see ya!

Toughen up, buttercup! :suds:

You put yourself at the top of the heap, never spare an opportunity to tell us how you're a notch better, just a little bit superior, but then when a very simple question is asked it's an "attack." :rolleyes2:

You're right, this is a message board.

We discuss sports here.

And we don't need your permission to discuss the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying that there was a really, REALLY sharp drop off at some point...

2007 16-0
2008 11-5
2009 10-6
1010 14-2
2011 13-3
2012 12-4
2013 12-4

...and this REALLY sharp drop off happened when?

You're in the AFC East.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that we should have a poll.

Who sweats over Brady's jock the most?

1) Kraft
2) Belichick
3) Bunchen
4) HammerDown

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, okay. So now you go from being at the top to just being one of 32 teams. Which is it, man? You guys shout your superiority from the rooftops, then when a simple question like "Why haven't you won in 10 years?" is asked, you cave and tell us you're altogether ordinary! Puzzling...

If 124-36 is ordinary whats that make 76-84:suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 124-36 is ordinary whats that make 76-84:suds:

Why haven't you won a Super Bowl in 10 years? I've asked everyone but they don't have an answer. Can you help me understand?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying that there was a really, REALLY sharp drop off at some point and that you guys aren't nearly as effective now.

And I agree.

You win the AFCE by default - the other teams just suck.

Yet, despite not winning any Lombardi's in a decade we hear constantly how great your franchise is.

He's trying to have those two make sense.

Making it TO the SB is an achievement but we both know there's a world of difference between winning it and just getting there. Hell, the Bills GOT there 4 years in a row.

Pats actually struggle more against Miami and Jets than they do Steelers and Ravens. Your division isnt tough. The other division only team they struggle against was denver. Be serious Nfc has the only tough divisions. Pats get to playoffs in any division

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division looks bad largely because the Patriots consistently have their way with it.

Mathematically this doesn't work since the Patriots are only involved in 25% of divisional games and so their impact would be limited even if they won all those games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why haven't you won a Sup. er Bowl in 10 years? I've asked everyone but they don't have an answer. Can you help me understand?

Giants great D

NFL network have been making fun of Peyton and his Omaha Omaha fucker says it and boring as hell. They counted 44 times in game on Sunday. Deion Sanders and Michael Irving too. Then he does the hands over head like he has antlers. Its his clones and ballhuggers that think is cool. Omaha Omaha Bulwinkle

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically this doesn't work since the Patriots are only involved in 25% of divisional games and so their impact would be limited even if they won all those games.

Since Brady came in they are at almost .800 win so win 8 out off every 10 games. W/o looking it up, I would venture that they lost about 5% more to the NFC. So being around 85% against AFC doesnt matter what division in AFC

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why haven't you won a Super Bowl in 10 years? I've asked everyone but they don't have an answer. Can you help me understand?

Because the NFL is unlike any other sport in the world.

The Super Bowl has never...ever...had a three-peat winner. There is a wear and tear on the physical body that shortens the average NFL player's career much faster than say the NBA or MLB.

Truthfully, winning the Super Bowl is one of the hardest championships there is to win. You don't get a Best of 7. Bad game. Do over. Nope. Not in the NFL playoffs. One game. You blow it. You blow it.

Two years ago, the Giants won the Super Bowl. Look at them now. Just two years ago!

The Ravens, from Super Bowl Champions to missing the playoffs in one season.

Free agents leave. Assistants get hired as head coaches. Salary caps cause difficult sacrifices to be made. Defections cause depth issues. Injuries ravage a team and sometimes, as we have seen, causing these injuries are part of an opposing team's strategy.

Even without the rings for a decade, what the Patriots have been able to do since 2001 is one hell of an accomplishment.

It's okay to hate. Just don't let that hate cause you to make stupid statements.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants great D

NFL network have been making fun of Peyton and his Omaha Omaha fucker says it and boring as hell. They counted 44 times in game on Sunday. Deion Sanders and Michael Irving too. Then he does the hands over head like he has antlers. Its his clones and ballhuggers that think is cool. Omaha Omaha Bulwinkle

Imagine how you Brady fanboys would act if someone said something so silly about him. We'd have to do CPR on about half of you.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't let that hate cause you to make stupid statements.

I'm just asking a simple question. :noidea: And every time I ask it, someone new gets angry about it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just asking a simple question. :noidea: And every time I ask it, someone new gets angry about it.

Because everyone knows your angle. You have made your disdain for Brady very very public.

Don't say you haven't either.

There's nothing wrong with that. I hate Peyton Manning. Look at his record against the Texans and you'll see why.

I'm just not going to deny all he has done just because it pisses me off how many times he has kicked Houston's ass.