• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz is there any team in the NFL that when they play the Patriots they aren't playing their Super Bowl? I don't think I have seen you post about one team that has played the Patriots that you haven't made some comment like that. I'm sorry but not everybody idolizes the Patriots quite like you do. The awe of the Patriots keeps disappearing with every year that they don't win a Super Bowl. Yes in the early 2000's they were the team to beat and they are still one of the top teams in the NFL and will be as long as BB and TB are in the house but the fear factor has definitely disappeared.

Every week New England plays, someone gets to have their own 'lil Super Bowl. :rolleyes2:

I've asked this 100 times now.

Patriots fans shout from the rooftops that...

They alone are at the top of the NFL and have been for an entire generation.
They own their division (free annual pass to first-round bye)
Robert Kraft is the best owner
Bill Belichick is the best coach
Tom Brady is the best QB, and...
Their draft focus is on defense.

And yet they haven't won shit in 10 years.

Can someone, ANYONE please explain this! :noidea:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding takes time at the bottom of the draft, and even longer when you do it at a pace where you are a legitimate Super Bowl contender every single year. Over that stretch they made several conference championships and two Super Bowls. They didn't quite have the pieces to finish but if you're telling me you'd rather not make the Super Bowl than lose it you're full of shit.

The patriots are one of the youngest teams in the league now and have restocked. I will be disappointed in anything short of a Super Bowl victory this year, and they should be strong favorites next year with three first team and one second team all pros returning from the IR.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton > Brady.

Broncos blow the doors off New England in Denver.

This won't even be about Tom Brady. Peyton's dominance and superiority is no longer in doubt. Brady has been relegated to game manager, calling on his RBs to lull the devastated Broncos secondary while he softens them up and hits his slot receivers over the middle for 8-10 yards. Brady's skills are diminishing and BB knows it. Even with a severely depleted Broncos secondary, BB is no longer confident enough in Brady to put the ball in his hands. In short, he's no Peyton Manning.

That said, as someone who really wants to see New England go home this Sunday, I'm very concerned. Denver will have to play allot better this week to win against a much better coaching effort than we saw from the Chargers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding takes time at the bottom of the draft, and even longer when you do it at a pace where you are a legitimate Super Bowl contender every single year. Over that stretch they made several conference championships and two Super Bowls. They didn't quite have the pieces to finish but if you're telling me you'd rather not make the Super Bowl than lose it you're full of shit.

The patriots are one of the youngest teams in the league now and have restocked. I will be disappointed in anything short of a Super Bowl victory this year, and they should be strong favorites next year with three first team and one second team all pros returning from the IR.

You won't even be strong favorites in the division.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lool @ that 06 playoff game the pats defense was old, injured, and all their longtime veterans were retiring at the end of their careers. denver has not been a threat to ne for pretty much the entire 2000's decade. the steelers and colts were, with the titans even being more of a threat than denver. denver only beat the pats alot because mike shannahan popped a boner to play against bb everytime.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't even be strong favorites in the division.

So going 12-4 with 3 all pros out, another second team all pro out, and one of the youngest teams in the NF
makes it an intelligent bet that we will be worse next year? :noidea:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going 12-4 with 3 all pros out, another second team all pro out, and one of the youngest teams in the NF
makes it an intelligent bet that we will be worse next year? :noidea:

I didn't say that. :suds:

I just don't think this team is good enough to be considered "strong favorites" in the division next year.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason the pats lost to denver is because they had mike shannahan and he played his sb against bb cuz he idolizes bb. the broncos were never a top team, the pats were concerned with the steelers and colts. broncos got their rocks off beating the pats, thats the best they could do cuz they werent in contention for sb's.

And that's an understatement ^

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's an understatement ^

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every week New England plays, someone gets to have their own 'lil Super Bowl. :rolleyes2:

I've asked this 100 times now.

Patriots fans shout from the rooftops that...

They alone are at the top of the NFL and have been for an entire generation.
They own their division (free annual pass to first-round bye)
Robert Kraft is the best owner
Bill Belichick is the best coach
Tom Brady is the best QB, and...
Their draft focus is on defense.

And yet they haven't won shit in 10 years.

Can someone, ANYONE please explain this! :noidea:

Are you referring to SB? I think they have won more than shit. If you mean SB, then I guess there are a lot of teams that didn't win "shit" So I guess there are 31 teams each year who are just "shit"....I guess in your world, Conference ships, playoffs and making it to SB is "shit".....I think we should just lose every year then.....shit!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to SB? I think they have won more than shit. If you mean SB, then I guess there are a lot of teams that didn't win "shit" So I guess there are 31 teams each year who are just "shit"....I guess in your world, Conference ships, playoffs and making it to SB is "shit".....I think we should just lose every year then.....shit!

I think he's saying that there was a really, REALLY sharp drop off at some point and that you guys aren't nearly as effective now.

And I agree.

You win the AFCE by default - the other teams just suck.

Yet, despite not winning any Lombardi's in a decade we hear constantly how great your franchise is.

He's trying to have those two make sense.

Making it TO the SB is an achievement but we both know there's a world of difference between winning it and just getting there. Hell, the Bills GOT there 4 years in a row.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's saying that there was a really, REALLY sharp drop off at some point and that you guys aren't nearly as effective now.

And I agree.

You win the AFCE by default - the other teams just suck.

Yet, despite not winning any Lombardi's in a decade we hear constantly how great your franchise is.

He's trying to have those two make sense.

Making it TO the SB is an achievement but we both know there's a world of difference between winning it and just getting there. Hell, the Bills GOT there 4 years in a row.

Interesting....thank you!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team got old. It is now young again. The only difference between our rebuilding process and most is that they were legitimate SB threats every year during the process.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady is gonna lose. I thought he only lost to that other Manning QB though.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a group of people attack the Patriots and its fans like the way a bunch of you do on here. It never gets old for you people, you would think it would. Worse part is, you bring nothing new to the table, and repeat yourself over and over again. We loss SB cause we suck, we make the playoffs cause 3 teams in are Div are not that great. We have not won "shit" in 10yrs cause we didn't win the SB, yet we are competitive every year, while these other teams continue to suck.....Ya know what....have at it. I am to old for the shit to be playing games on a message board! Good luck to all....see ya!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team got old. It is now young again. The only difference between our rebuilding process and most is that they were legitimate SB threats every year during the process.

The key is this....

And we both know this to be true....

It's all about Tom and BB.

Can Tom and BB hang around long enough to make another serious run at it. You do great in the regular season because your division sucks but stuggle in the post season because, while Tom and BB are solid, the rest of the team kinda blows. You can only go so far on those two alone.

Eventually the team will get better but will Tom still be in his prime?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why you don't throw in the towel and take the quick rebuild. You don't waste a season with him at QB.

But they're already pretty much there. 4 all pros are on IR and they finished 3rd in scoring O and 10th in scoring D, and are in the AFC championship game with a very good shot at the Super Bowl once again.

The division argument is a tired one. The division looks bad largely because the Patriots consistently have their way with it. If you look at out of division win-loss records, the AFC East stacks up fine against other divisions.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a group of people attack the Patriots and its fans like the way a bunch of you do on here. It never gets old for you people, you would think it would. Worse part is, you bring nothing new to the table, and repeat yourself over and over again. We loss SB cause we suck, we make the playoffs cause 3 teams in are Div are not that great. We have not won "shit" in 10yrs cause we didn't win the SB, yet we are competitive every year, while these other teams continue to suck.....Ya know what....have at it. I am to old for the shit to be playing games on a message board! Good luck to all....see ya!

well yeah but realistically the near top ranked reign will soon end anyway. Its been a decade already and Brady is old in sports terms and Belichick cant find anything but half ass white receivers with not so great NFL talent. Brady is the only thing that has made this team as decent as its been the last 2 years.

Its been good enough to win lots of games but it doesn't make the Pats look good as much as it makes the entire league look like crap. Seriously, I respect greatness in sports like anyone else who's a sports fan but it just gets stupid if the same team gets in the top 3 every year...especially with the whole parity sales job they keep feeding us,

Belichick and Brady somehow found the perfect marriage but age and time never go away,.This is the twilight of that romance.......

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah but realistically the near top ranked reign will soon end anyway. Its been a decade already and Brady is old in sports terms and Belichick cant find anything but half ass white receivers with not so great NFL talent. Brady is the only thing that has made this team as decent as its been the last 2 years.

Its been good enough to win lots of games but it doesn't make the Pats look good as much as it makes the entire league look like crap. Seriously, I respect greatness in sports like anyone else who's a sports fan but it just gets stupid if the same team gets in the top 3 every year...especially with the whole parity sales job they keep feeding us,

Belichick and Brady somehow found the perfect marriage but age and time never go away,.This is the twilight of that romance.......
brady is playing till hes 50. thats 14 more seasons.